2012 Republican Presidential Nominee - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Debate Club debating in a friendly environment

vBookie Event: Republican Presidential Nominee (US Politics)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Republican Presidential Nominee (US Politics)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Mitt Romney 1/200 F (0.01) 7 2307525 WIN!
Tim Pawlenty 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Jon Huntsman 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Sarah Palin 500/1 (500.00) 2 50  
John Boehner 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Michele Bachmann 500/1 (500.00) 1 19  
Herman Cain 500/1 (500.00) 1 50000  
Newt Gingrich 500/1 (500.00) 2 2025  
Chris Christie 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Rick Perry 500/1 (500.00) 3 7384  
Gary Johnson 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Ron Paul 50/1 (50.00) 2 10069  
Michael Bloomberg 500/1 (500.00) 2 200  
Rudolph Giuliani 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Rick Santorum 500/1 (500.00) 3 6250  
Marco Rubio 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
David Petraeus 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Paul Ryan 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
George Allen 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Fred Thompson 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Condoleezza Rice 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Tom Ridge 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Charlie Crist 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Dick Kempthorne 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Scott Brown 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Sam Brownback 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Rand Paul 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Bill First 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Chuck Hagel 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Bobby Jindal 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Arnold Schwarzenegger 500/1 (500.00) 1 69  
John McCain 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Bill Owens 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Eric Cantor 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Rob Portman 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Fred Karger 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Any Unlisted Candidate 50/1 (50.00) 2 2510  
Chuck Baldwin 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Lindsey Graham 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Dick Cheney 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  
Laura Bush 500/1 (500.00) 0 0  

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 02:04 AM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,233
                     
I'm not even going to vote this year. Obama sucks and I can't take any of these losers on that list seriously. Why can't any of these people run somebody that is decent?

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 09:09 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,122
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426 View Post
I'm not even going to vote this year. Obama sucks and I can't take any of these losers on that list seriously. Why can't any of these people run somebody that is decent?
Because people decide not to vote instead of getting involved in the Primary process.
oldfan is offline  
post #33 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
except this thread is about the REPUBLICAN nominee. You have to be a registered republican (i'm not) to vote and I seriously doubt that Obama will be on the ballot.
yes well, out of the Republican candidates.. I would say Barack Obama :P
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #34 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
except this thread is about the REPUBLICAN nominee. You have to be a registered republican (i'm not) to vote and I seriously doubt that Obama will be on the ballot.
So in America, the land of the free, you get to choose between 2 parties to represent you? We get 3 over here!




Watch The Trews! True news! Subscribe here!!


https://m.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
Dr Gonzo is offline  
post #35 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Because people decide not to vote instead of getting involved in the Primary process.
Presidential voting does not matter in the U.S., the only proof anyone should need is to look at the 2000 election. Popular vote doesnt mean anything. We use an outdated system in the electoral college and a two party system does nothing but create stupid, blindly faithful voters.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #36 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 12:10 AM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,233
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Because people decide not to vote instead of getting involved in the Primary process.
People don't vote because they run nothing but losers. I'm supposed to accept the fact that I should vote for the lesser of two evils. That worked so well with Obama/Cain. I voted for Obama because I didn't want 4 more years of George Bush Jr and Dick Cheney idiotic rule. In the end, Obama talked a good game but in the long run did nothing to fix up the mess that was created by Bush. This country is worse of now then it was 4 years ago and their is no sign of it getting better. I'm sick of encouraging these incompetent assholes whose only sole purpose in life is to take care of the super rich. I'm done.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #37 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 03:43 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,102
Blog Entries: 1
                     
vote for herman cain



just not



Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #38 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 04:06 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,039
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426 View Post
People don't vote because they run nothing but losers. I'm supposed to accept the fact that I should vote for the lesser of two evils. That worked so well with Obama/Cain. I voted for Obama because I didn't want 4 more years of George Bush Jr and Dick Cheney idiotic rule. In the end, Obama talked a good game but in the long run did nothing to fix up the mess that was created by Bush. This country is worse of now then it was 4 years ago and their is no sign of it getting better. I'm sick of encouraging these incompetent assholes whose only sole purpose in life is to take care of the super rich. I'm done.
I never registered to vote for this reason.

It doesn't really matter who you vote into office anyways, given that a very large portion of laws/bills that get passes are decided not by our government, not by the ones we vote in, but by lobbyists for big corporations.

The Protect IP act is a great example of this.

It's all just a game and I never signed up to play.
M.C is offline  
post #39 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 06:06 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,122
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
Presidential voting does not matter in the U.S., the only proof anyone should need is to look at the 2000 election. Popular vote doesnt mean anything. We use an outdated system in the electoral college and a two party system does nothing but create stupid, blindly faithful voters.
Certainly our system is flawed and in 2000 I felt like it failed us but, in a way it didn't. The peaceful transition of power is incredibly important and completely taken for granted in the U.S. If you know of a better system being used I would like to learn about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426 View Post
People don't vote because they run nothing but losers. I'm supposed to accept the fact that I should vote for the lesser of two evils. That worked so well with Obama/Cain. I voted for Obama because I didn't want 4 more years of George Bush Jr and Dick Cheney idiotic rule. In the end, Obama talked a good game but in the long run did nothing to fix up the mess that was created by Bush. This country is worse of now then it was 4 years ago and their is no sign of it getting better. I'm sick of encouraging these incompetent assholes whose only sole purpose in life is to take care of the super rich. I'm done.
It's a chicken and egg thing. the way to have better candidates is for more people to be involved in the process. Why let just a few people pick the candidates? Then you get the candidates who are best for those few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
vote for herman cain
I just might...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I never registered to vote for this reason.

It doesn't really matter who you vote into office anyways, given that a very large portion of laws/bills that get passes are decided not by our government, not by the ones we vote in, but by lobbyists for big corporations.

The Protect IP act is a great example of this.

It's all just a game and I never signed up to play.
...and that's fine. just realize that you have no right to complain about the score.
oldfan is offline  
post #40 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,039
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
...and that's fine. just realize that you have no right to complain about the score.
Actually, I do have a right to complain about the score. See, if people vote someone in who messes up the whole country, then it's their fault, they caused it, they are the ones responsible for this issue. They have no right to complain.

I, on the other hand, was not responsible and did not vote whomever it was in that ruined the country, therefore I have a right to complain about other people screwing up the country I live in, as it wasn't my fault and I'm not responsible for it.

With that said, as I stated before, the majority of decisions aren't made by the people American's vote into office anyways, they are made with bribes by lobbyists. You don't have to look any further than the Protect IP act to see this. I honestly don't complain about presidents or politicians or anything like that, as they have little say in what actually gets done anyways.
M.C is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome