2012 will spoil movie-lovers - what are you looking forward to? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Entertainment The new cool place to hang out! Come and discuss movies, tv shows, video games, music, or anything else you can think of!

Reply

Old 04-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,463
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Agreed with the first sentence.I thought that Damon made for a very believable tough guy. Renner is cool too and seems like the best replacement possible but Damon's Bourne kicked serious arse imo. Don't get why it's called The Bourne Legacy if Damon isn't in it, though.
Well, he's part of the same project or whatever, but really I think they're just capitalizing on the name since its part of the series. It would be a little confusing for viewers otherwise I think.

Regarding Renner's badassedness though, did you see The Hurt Locker? That Renner is one of the most badass guys ever imo. I guess I have seen Damon in too many silly roles for Bourne to be totally convincing to me.
__________________
Objection, Your Honor. He's reciting the opening to Quantum Leap.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
The Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post

Regarding Renner's badassedness though, did you see The Hurt Locker? That Renner is one of the most badass guys ever imo. I guess I have seen Damon in too many silly roles for Bourne to be totally convincing to me.
Yeah, saw that fairly recently actually. Pretty good film, some great sound effects and suspenseful moments. Interesting character he played too. The character was a real badarse but he was a somewhat unsympathetic one. Too hardcore on the adrenaline junkie business to the point where he would sacrifice his colleagues. That made it hard to identify with the character a bit.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,133
Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Most of those movies seem to be full of propaganda. The Avengers is an example. Full of war and death. Not my cup of tea. I prefer not to be BRAINWASHED!!!

On that note, I'm looking forward to the Expendables 2, as I believe it is an exception to the propaganda rule. Well, not really, but any film that has Stone Cold and Randy Couture in automatically beats every other film in movie history. The fact that these two were the Co-main event, as it were, in the first movie was my biggest ever mark out moment. My skin was tingling for days.

The only other movie I want to watch is Ted. Looks hilarious. Also, Mila Kunis stars in it.
__________________




I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,463
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
hahahaha. I think you have it backwards my friend. I guarantee you that the Expendables will have a lot more war and death propaganda than a comic book movie about a team of superheros battling supervillains. Unless by exception you meant that it simply didn't matter to you
__________________
Objection, Your Honor. He's reciting the opening to Quantum Leap.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,133
Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
hahahaha. I think you have it backwards my friend. I guarantee you that the Expendables will have a lot more war and death propaganda than a comic book movie about a team of superheros battling supervillains. Unless by exception you meant that it simply didn't matter to you
Haha, you have it spot on there buddy. With certain things, Wanderlei Silva fighting, Austin and Couture fighting on a major movie, I simply go blind in my admiration and pride.

As for the propaganda, I thinks its probably level pegging as both films hold the same plot. Good v Evil. Evil Foreigners, America saves the day, war and death solve all problems, war and death are normal etc. Messages subliminally put to us to help us prepare and accept wars and death in real life.
__________________




I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,463
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
Haha, you have it spot on there buddy. With certain things, Wanderlei Silva fighting, Austin and Couture fighting on a major movie, I simply go blind in my admiration and pride.

As for the propaganda, I thinks its probably level pegging as both films hold the same plot. Good v Evil. Evil Foreigners, America saves the day, war and death solve all problems, war and death are normal etc. Messages subliminally put to us to help us prepare and accept wars and death in real life.
Setting aside nationalism, I'd say good vs evil, war and death are simply common themes in legend and story since the beginning of time. Death and some concept of evil are universal to all cultures. War I suppose is a little more debatable but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a culture that didn't have many myths and stories involving some form of war as well. These things appeal to (at least many of) us as humans, they don't need to be subliminally introduced.

Anyway, it's a Marvel property so the amount of actual death is likely to be quite low, and the majority of the conflict is likely to take place on the scale of personal combat. With a couple of notable exceptions, Marvel films usually specialize in excessive property damage, not slaughter. I fully expect hundreds of "bad guys" to die in a variety of entertaining ways in Expendables 2.
__________________
Objection, Your Honor. He's reciting the opening to Quantum Leap.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,133
Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Setting aside nationalism, I'd say good vs evil, war and death are simply common themes in legend and story since the beginning of time. Death and some concept of evil are universal to all cultures. War I suppose is a little more debatable but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a culture that didn't have many myths and stories involving some form of war as well. These things appeal to (at least many of) us as humans, they don't need to be subliminally introduced.

Anyway, it's a Marvel property so the amount of actual death is likely to be quite low, and the majority of the conflict is likely to take place on the scale of personal combat. With a couple of notable exceptions, Marvel films usually specialize in excessive property damage, not slaughter. I fully expect hundreds of "bad guys" to die in a variety of entertaining ways in Expendables 2.
I'm a bit hard pressed for time otherwise I'd love to debate this with you. You say that war, death etc have been common themes in human life since the dawn of time. That being said, I'd like to think that the human race has evolved expotentially over the years, in form and mind. We are more intelligent beings then we have been, we are no longer neanderthals and we no longer have to kill or maim to get ahead of life. We should be able to sit and talk like respectable intellectual human beings. Not, oh lets just blow the crap out of a country until it yields so we can put our own man in charge. See Eygypt and Libya for recent examples.

Propaganda is a very old tool. Rhetoric from the people in charge, the elite, has forced countries into illegal wars and battles for hundreds if not thousands of years.

When I refer to subliminally introduced messages I don't mean what you see on the face of things. Take Call of Duty for example. I haven't had the 'pleasure' of playing it but I understand that the main plot is the US in a war against Iran. Which is what Isreal are currently attempting to convince the U.S and NATO to engage in, in the real world.
__________________




I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,490
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Yes "TED" is the movie to watch. Never have I laughed that much in a trailer...lolz! Good stuff! Can't go wrong with the Family Guy writers.

1:10 says it all...hahahah! I don't think I should watch this movie stoned...cuz my face and stomach is going to hurting.

__________________
Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios