Breaking Bad Season 5 - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Entertainment The new cool place to hang out! Come and discuss movies, tv shows, video games, music, or anything else you can think of!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,121
Blog Entries: 1
                     
OL' Walt sure has traveled a dark path. I used to identify with him a lot more than I do now.
oldfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 03:34 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
I have to start watching this..

Rauno is offline  
post #43 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 07:53 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,917
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
I have to start watching this..
It's a very unique show where you'll find yourself scratching your head everytime. That's because of the UNPREDICTABLITY.

You got four and a half seasons to go!

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #44 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:30 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
It's a very unique show where you'll find yourself scratching your head everytime. That's because of the UNPREDICTABLITY.

You got four and a half seasons to go!
Always heard great things about the show. I gotta make up my mind on which show to choose to get addicted to.

Also 4 is nothing. I started Smallville when it was on it's 9th or sth like that.

Rauno is offline  
post #45 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 02:15 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,917
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Always heard great things about the show. I gotta make up my mind on which show to choose to get addicted to.

Also 4 is nothing. I started Smallville when it was on it's 9th or sth like that.
Eight seasons of that show jeebus!

Recap: Buyout
Intense opening sequence with eerie music playing in the background. We get to see how each character deals with the aftermath from last weeks episode. Some are callous, others emotional, some just whistle away and carry on. This was a good episode in further developing the characters. Why do they do this. What makes them tick. The audience deserves to know. Very potent stuff.

What do you guys think of Todd and his future role...

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #46 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Featherweight
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,340
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Eight seasons of that show jeebus!

Recap: Buyout
Intense opening sequence with eerie music playing in the background. We get to see how each character deals with the aftermath from last weeks episode. Some are callous, others emotional, some just whistle away and carry on. This was a good episode in further developing the characters. Why do they do this. What makes them tick. The audience deserves to know. Very potent stuff.

What do you guys think of Todd and his future role...
The last two episodes of BB is perhaps the very best dramatic television that I have ever seen. The episode with the train blew my mind. I thought about it for days.

This weeks episode also has me thinking. In fact, i can't quite get my mind around what I thought they did with the kid. Did they do what I think they did? The silence of that scene highlighted only by that music was absolute brilliance.

At this point, I think I identify most with Jesse. I can see him struggling, and that is exactly what I would be doing...struggling.

Walter seems to be developing a serious case of megalomania.

I cannot imagine where this show goes from this point on. This is the only drama I watch on television, and I am utterly addicted to it. What an amazing show it is.
Redrum is offline  
post #47 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     
We are being so spoiled right now with this show, it's going to be a long time before there is a new show as tense and as gripping as this. Another amazing episode, the scene with Walt and Jesse when Jesse tried to get Walter to buy out was simply incredible. Bryan Cranston has no equal. He is the king of the world right now. Only two more episodes until the break, and it's gonna be a long ass break, but if the final 8 episodes are anything like the ones we have gotten so far, it's so worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
This weeks episode also has me thinking. In fact, i can't quite get my mind around what I thought they did with the kid. Did they do what I think they did? The silence of that scene highlighted only by that music was absolute brilliance.
They did the same thing they did with the bike. That's the way they always dispose of bodies. Remember in season 1, Jesse messed up and put him in the bathtub, and the bathtub came crashing down through the floor.


luckbox is offline  
post #48 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,121
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Walter White must die a violent death. I want to kill him myself.
oldfan is offline  
post #49 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,917
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Walter White must die a violent death. I want to kill him myself.
That's the combination of the writers and acting my friend. I thought the same way about Commodus in Gladiator. Oh how I wanted to strangle him for the longest time. Then I realized Joaquin Phoenix really nailed that role.

WW seemed like such an affable goofy character. Once he was diagnosed he mutated. Now he's this diabolical and toxic being. His transformation is essentially a metaphor for cancer how it spreads and effects its' surrounding with no remorse and vice versa. Very symbolic.

PS: They should never have killed Maximus Decimus Meridius.

PSS: RIP to Ridley's bro Tony Scott.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #50 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Featherweight
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,340
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
We are being so spoiled right now with this show, it's going to be a long time before there is a new show as tense and as gripping as this. Another amazing episode, the scene with Walt and Jesse when Jesse tried to get Walter to buy out was simply incredible. Bryan Cranston has no equal. He is the king of the world right now. Only two more episodes until the break, and it's gonna be a long ass break, but if the final 8 episodes are anything like the ones we have gotten so far, it's so worth it.



They did the same thing they did with the bike. That's the way they always dispose of bodies. Remember in season 1, Jesse messed up and put him in the bathtub, and the bathtub came crashing down through the floor.
Ah, man that is what I was afraid of. I knew it, but I think I didn't want to admit it to myself.

I think I missed that episode from season 1. I came to this show a bit late, although I have seen a number of episodes that I missed previously.

I'll have to go back on Netflix and see about that one.
Redrum is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome