Breaking Bad Season 5 - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Entertainment The new cool place to hang out! Come and discuss movies, tv shows, video games, music, or anything else you can think of!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 11:43 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,152
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
Ah, man that is what I was afraid of. I knew it, but I think I didn't want to admit it to myself.

I think I missed that episode from season 1. I came to this show a bit late, although I have seen a number of episodes that I missed previously.

I'll have to go back on Netflix and see about that one.
It was implied. Those opening sequences are hooks that reel us in. Powerful stuff!


Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Featherweight
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,340
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
It was implied. Those opening sequences are hooks that reel us in. Powerful stuff!

Oh yes, sometimes the most horrific things are the things we don't see, those things left for our minds to slowly contemplate. It is one of the best devices for suspense with subjects that are so far beyond normal.

Sometimes it seems like in these days of CGI and also in some fairly violent movies, such as the Saw series for instance, the movie makers just show the audience things directly, which I think over time desensitizes the audience to the shock value of the subject matter.

But in the case of this past episode of Breaking Bad, not showing what they did and just leaving the implication along with the silence of the characters and the music of the scene was just masterful.

It is scenes like this that I think cause some people, including me, to say that this is the very best dramatic series on television right now and perhaps for some time.

These characters crossed over. They are on the other side now. They descended to somewhere dark.

Also I meant to answer another post earlier regarding what to do with Todd...I do believe I would have chosen option #2. He deserves it. Seeing through the eyes of Jesse, since I identify with him the most at this point, I would think to myself -well I'm already a killer by association, so if I'm going to be a killer, it might as well be for the right reason and not the wrong reason.- Then I would deal with Todd accordingly.
Redrum is offline  
post #53 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 03:22 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,152
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
Oh yes, sometimes the most horrific things are the things we don't see, those things left for our minds to slowly contemplate. It is one of the best devices for suspense with subjects that are so far beyond normal.

Sometimes it seems like in these days of CGI and also in some fairly violent movies, such as the Saw series for instance, the movie makers just show the audience things directly, which I think over time desensitizes the audience to the shock value of the subject matter.

But in the case of this past episode of Breaking Bad, not showing what they did and just leaving the implication along with the silence of the characters and the music of the scene was just masterful.

It is scenes like this that I think cause some people, including me, to say that this is the very best dramatic series on television right now and perhaps for some time.

These characters crossed over. They are on the other side now. They descended to somewhere dark.

Also I meant to answer another post earlier regarding what to do with Todd...I do believe I would have chosen option #2. He deserves it. Seeing through the eyes of Jesse, since I identify with him the most at this point, I would think to myself -well I'm already a killer by association, so if I'm going to be a killer, it might as well be for the right reason and not the wrong reason.- Then I would deal with Todd accordingly.
I was thinking WW might have pulled a Gus Fring box cutter move on em. Then I thought that's too extreme. Todd is a soldier, but a sociopathic one especially after keeping that jar with the spider as a trophy. He could be useful especially if they happen to go to war against that rival group. If you ever watched Band Of Brothers he's like Ronald Spears. Also note how respectful he is to Walt calling him Mr. White and almost asking for his insight on the situation. "I don't think I was wrong...am I wrong Mr. White?" Right there you can see validation in him and that's what he likes. Heisenberg thrives on that recognition. Something he never got to achieve as a chemistry teacher, ex-Gray Matter partner, and especially not at the car wash. Here lies a moraly corrupted and twisted individual.

The only other character I can think of that has any resemblance to WW is Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Average joe who goes postal and beats up gangsters with baseball bats...lolz!

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #54 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Featherweight
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,340
                     
That is an excellent analysis of the dynamic between Todd and WW, I have to say. It will definitely feed Walter's growing megalomania.

The depth of the characters in this show is just mind boggling.
Redrum is offline  
post #55 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
 
Great show i'm watching mow this season online amazing

Last edited by boxterford; 08-24-2012 at 06:14 AM.
boxterford is offline  
post #56 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
I was thinking WW might have pulled a Gus Fring box cutter move on em. Then I thought that's too extreme. Todd is a soldier, but a sociopathic one especially after keeping that jar with the spider as a trophy. He could be useful especially if they happen to go to war against that rival group. If you ever watched Band Of Brothers he's like Ronald Spears. Also note how respectful he is to Walt calling him Mr. White and almost asking for his insight on the situation. "I don't think I was wrong...am I wrong Mr. White?" Right there you can see validation in him and that's what he likes. Heisenberg thrives on that recognition. Something he never got to achieve as a chemistry teacher, ex-Gray Matter partner, and especially not at the car wash. Here lies a moraly corrupted and twisted individual.




luckbox is offline  
post #57 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     
The internet comedians are having a field day with this show.









luckbox is offline  
post #58 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,152
                     
Say my name...


Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #59 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Farewell Sam Fisher.

Another great episode, another powerful ending.

I'm absolutely gutted that next weeks ep is the last one for months. I wish they just did the 16 eps back to back, instead of taking a huge break. Really infuriating.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #60 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Featherweight
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,340
                     
I don't even know what to say after the last episode.

Walter is freefalling, dropped from the edge of the atmosphere, and the earth will not break his fall.

Heisenberg is rising like a rocket, and space will be no barrier.

Breaking Bad is poetry.
Redrum is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome