*** The Walking Dead *** - Page 30 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Entertainment The new cool place to hang out! Come and discuss movies, tv shows, video games, music, or anything else you can think of!

 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 381 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
I'm guessing Carl and Glenn. Those would both be pretty surprising, but not a total loss.
Please god Carl please if there is a god all the annoying people in one season. Glenn won't get killed his relationship with maggie is too popular with a certain crowd.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #292 of 381 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 11:31 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Stapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,158
                     
I enjoyed the season finale for the most part. The cliffhanger just sucked because we now have to wait until October to see what happens.

Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline  
post #293 of 381 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,293
                     
I enjoyed the first half which was pretty intense. They always seem to run into new challenges increasing in difficulty. Their ruthlessness also becomes more apparent.

October is right in time for Halloween!!!

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #294 of 381 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
I liked this season finale. It set things up for us to have a pretty season in October. The scene with Rick's group and the group Daryl were with was pretty freaking intense. Carl's character has been pretty damn annoying at times, but Chandler Riggs did really well in that scene.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #295 of 381 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 04:12 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,096
                     
The episode started off great but the ending was just shit. No other way to describe it. Just shit. I hung in there this whole season but it wasn't worth it. This is the end for me. Almost all of the characters suck, some are downright unbearable (Carl, Maggie, Glenn). There have been times where the writing was great, but it falls on its face most of the time. I stuck with the show purely because I've been a fan for so long but I don't think its going to make a comeback. Hopefully I'm wrong and the next season turns out to be amazing but I highly doubt it.

Will make predictions for credits. Please, I'm so broke.
AlphaDawg is offline  
post #296 of 381 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 04:21 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
The episode started off great but the ending was just shit. No other way to describe it. Just shit. I hung in there this whole season but it wasn't worth it. This is the end for me. Almost all of the characters suck, some are downright unbearable (Carl, Maggie, Glenn). There have been times where the writing was great, but it falls on its face most of the time. I stuck with the show purely because I've been a fan for so long but I don't think its going to make a comeback. Hopefully I'm wrong and the next season turns out to be amazing but I highly doubt it.
Carl really is awful, the longer the show runs the more I hate him.

I'd have bailed a long time ago but I watched the first seasons with a group and that made it enjoyable to have a watching party even if it wasn't great. This is the first season I didn't watch with them, but my girlfriend is a big fan and she isn't stopping anytime soon so I'm stuck.

She's pushing me to start game of thrones so I can hang out with her friends when they watch it. I'm honestly not watching it for that reason, because it sounds like a good show.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"

Last edited by Life B Ez; 03-31-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Life B Ez is offline  
post #297 of 381 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,293
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Carl really is awful, the longer the show runs the more I hate him.

I'd have bailed a long time ago but I watched the first seasons with a group and that made it enjoyable to have a watching party even if it wasn't great. This is the first season I didn't watch with them, but my girlfriend is a big fan and she isn't stopping anytime soon so I'm stuck.

She's pushing me to start game of thrones so I can hang out with her friends when they watch it. I'm honestly not watching it for that reason, because it sounds like a good show.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
You're trapped...haha. YOu have no clue how well done Game Of Thrones is. It's almost unfair to compare any other show to GOT. TWD was what it was because of Frank Darabont. He wanted a bigger budget, but the AMC reps denied em so that's why you have more of a budget show setting. It's still pretty entertaining.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #298 of 381 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:54 PM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,734
                     
Crap finale to a crap season. Will carry on watching in the hopes it gets better.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #299 of 381 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Crap finale to a crap season. Will carry on watching in the hopes it gets better.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I actually enjoyed this season for the most part. My biggest gripe with this series has always been the mid season break. It kind of kills some of the momentum that the show has built up (it does for met at least), but unfortunately they are unlikely to change that because of how high the ratings have been when they return from the break.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #300 of 381 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
The music builds up....what's Rick's plan? Did he see something?



"They don't know who they're screwing with".

Ahhhh, pretty big build up to genericism.

SPOILERS

Few questions...

1. How do places like Terminus recruit if they cage everyone up?
2. How come guys like Rapey McGree and The Redneck Boys or The Governor never run into dudes like Terminus? I mean, Rick and that's cool, but am I the only one who wants to see bad guys Vs bad guys?
ClydebankBlitz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome