Winter is Coming - Page 11 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Entertainment The new cool place to hang out! Come and discuss movies, tv shows, video games, music, or anything else you can think of!

Reply

Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #101 (permalink)
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,169
Blog Entries: 1
M_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
You've seen nothing yet

What did everyone think of the end part? (Won't say what incase people who haven't seen the finale read this)

I thought it was incredibly well done, nearly exactly to how I pictured it in the books.
I liked it, but my overwhelming anger clouded my vision a bit so i would have liked it more if what happened a bit earlier did not happen
__________________


Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #102 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 567
Satori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level now
Did I read it right and the next season doesnt come out till next year???? that BLOWS. Gonna have to buy the dang books---I was thinking about buying them anyhow.
__________________
Satori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #103 (permalink)
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,169
Blog Entries: 1
M_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is Untouchable
yeppers spring 2012 they start shooting for the season on the 25th i believe
__________________


Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #104 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Ok, so I marathoned 7 eps yesterday and finished the series lol. I have to say, this is in the top three when it comes to best television shows I have ever seen, incredible. That's all I can say, I really can't fault the show. You get so caught up in the world and the characters, I couldn't stop watching it yesterday.

And the ending to the finale, are you ******* kidding me?! (Mike Goldbergs voice)



That scene could have potentially failed hard, but they executed it perfectly, amazing.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #105 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Satori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 567
Satori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level nowSatori is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
yeppers spring 2012 they start shooting for the season on the 25th i believe
Kinda suxs, BUT that will give me enough time to read the books I reckon
__________________
Satori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #106 (permalink)

 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,177
K R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
Ok, so I marathoned 7 eps yesterday and finished the series lol. I have to say, this is in the top three when it comes to best television shows I have ever seen, incredible. That's all I can say, I really can't fault the show. You get so caught up in the world and the characters, I couldn't stop watching it yesterday.

And the ending to the finale, are you ******* kidding me?! (Mike Goldbergs voice)



That scene could have potentially failed hard, but they executed it perfectly, amazing.
As soon as I heard they were making the TV show adaption, that is the ONE scene I was worried about, and the one scene I was looking forward to the most. They...*******...nailed it.
__________________





“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #107 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,519
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
So I couldn't resist and watched the finale... and by God... I agree...

They. *******. Nailed it.
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #108 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
They really did ******* nail it!

I'm going to buy a couple of the books later. I can't believe we have to wait a whole ******* year for the next series.

Edit: Kry, everyone goes on about how when it comes to book/film/tv adaptations, the books are always far superior, would you say that's the case with GOT?

This would be the first book I've actually read in years.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #109 (permalink)

 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,177
K R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
They really did ******* nail it!

I'm going to buy a couple of the books later. I can't believe we have to wait a whole ******* year for the next series.

Edit: Kry, everyone goes on about how when it comes to book/film/tv adaptations, the books are always far superior, would you say that's the case with GOT?

This would be the first book I've actually read in years.
Simple answer - Yes.

The TV adaption is fantastic, more than I could of wished for. But there is alot story and character development missing that you just don't get on the screen that you do from the books. I was extremely sceptical and thought an adaption would be impossible due to the scale of the story, but they made it work.

On the other hand, I'd choose watching the show over reading Feast for Crows (the 4th book) anyday. Whilst it was decent, it's the weakest in the series. The newest book 'A Dance of Dragons' is out on the 12th of July, and even though it's predacessor was the weakest in the series I'm really not worried about this one at all (I'd explain but don't want to spoil anything)

The first 3 books are genius and an absolute joy to read though. Tyrion, Ned, Arya, Daenerys(just using my favourite characters here) chapters really give another kind of incite into their personalities that the show just cannot do. In one of the episodes they skipped entire war scenes (when Jaime is captured), in the books these are covered in detail and are extremely fast paced.

Honestly, I can't recommend these books enough. There's a reason 'A Song of Ice and Fire' is at the #1 spot on nearly every single 'best fantasy series' lists.
__________________





“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Last edited by K R Y : 06-21-2011 at 11:54 AM.
K R Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #110 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
Simple answer - Yes.

The TV adaption is fantastic, more than I could of wished for. But there is alot story and character development missing that you just don't get on the screen that you do from the books. I was extremely sceptical and thought an adaption would be impossible due to the scale of the story, but they made it work.

On the other hand, I'd choose watching the show over reading Feast for Crows (the 4th book) anyday. Whilst it was decent, it's the weakest in the series. The newest book 'A Dance of Dragons' is out on the 12th of July, and even though it's predacessor was the weakest in the series I'm really not worried about this one at all (I'd explain but don't want to spoil anything)

The first 3 books are genius and an absolute joy to read though. Tyrion, Ned, Arya, Daenerys(just using my favourite characters here) chapters really give another kind of incite into their personalities that the show just cannot do. In one of the episodes they skipped entire war scenes (when Jaime is captured), in the books these are covered in detail and are extremely fast paced.

Honestly, I can't recommend these books enough. There's a reason 'A Song of Ice and Fire' is at the #1 spot on nearly every single 'best fantasy series' lists.
Sweet. I ordered Game of Thrones from Amazon earlier, should be delivered tomorrow! If I enjoy it, which I'm sure I will do, I'll order the rest of the collection.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios