The Walking Dead Season 2 - Page 12 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Entertainment The new cool place to hang out! Come and discuss movies, tv shows, video games, music, or anything else you can think of!

Reply

Old 03-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #111 (permalink)
box
Come and Take em
 
box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,483
box Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
__________________
_________________________________________________

_________________________________________________
box is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #112 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,419
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by box View Post
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #113 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,407
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Seems like everyone is a zombie fan here. The film to keep an eye out on is "World War Z" based on Max Brook's book of the same title. Read 2/3rds of the book then it got sold out. Gotta finish the rest. It's a VERY UNIQUE take on a zombie apocalypse. To summarize it starts off in China in a rural village then branches out to Europe because of Snakeheads transporting illegal aliens eventually spreading world wide. There are numerous point of views and stories from various characters from different countries.

Each country is dealing with the outbreak in their own way; hiding, quarantine, baiting strategy which I thought was funny. Guns are not as effective as a minute splat of the undead blood can infect you and they have to be hit in a specific region in the brain so they revert to medieval weaponary. Basically changing the fight game.

From there all countries look to the US for guidance if you will. It's the old fight or flight adagio. That's where the fun begins.

Unlike predators, zombies do not hide or are scared. They are unrelenting like a virus with only one singular goal to eat flesh.

PS: Zombies should not be able to run...haha! They should only be "walkers or crawlers," like in "The Walking Dead."
No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #114 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I also really enjoyed it. Speaking of Bernthal, did you see Day Zero? It wasn't bad.

You might be able to get the collections off of Amazon or ebay or something on the cheap btw... they are worth reading.
Nope, didn't see Day Zero. LMK if it's on DVD, because I don't know when it came out.

I've also notice that this show has pretty good dialogue/accent coaches. It is VERY hard for English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh actors to do a convincing American accent, and there are at least two on this show, Norman Reedus and the guy who plays Rick, who are doing a fantastic job with it.

I've always been a total mark for creature effects. My husband and I have sat through so many crap movies because they had decent creature effects. The MU and creature effects on this show are outstanding and even if Shane gets killed off, I'd still watch, if only for that.

One of the things I find most compelling in terms of dialogue and story is the continual sense of dread, not just due to battle fatigue-type circumstances, but the all-pervading and terrifying knowledge that everything has fallen apart, and you have to write your own rules now.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #115 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Seems like everyone is a zombie fan here. The film to keep an eye out on is "World War Z" based on Max Brook's book of the same title. Read 2/3rds of the book then it got sold out. Gotta finish the rest. It's a VERY UNIQUE take on a zombie apocalypse. To summarize it starts off in China in a rural village then branches out to Europe because of Snakeheads transporting illegal aliens eventually spreading world wide. There are numerous point of views and stories from various characters from different countries.

Each country is dealing with the outbreak in their own way; hiding, quarantine, baiting strategy which I thought was funny. Guns are not as effective as a minute splat of the undead blood can infect you and they have to be hit in a specific region in the brain so they revert to medieval weaponary. Basically changing the fight game.

From there all countries look to the US for guidance if you will. It's the old fight or flight adagio. That's where the fun begins.

Unlike predators, zombies do not hide or are scared. They are unrelenting like a virus with only one singular goal to eat flesh.

PS: Zombies should not be able to run...haha! They should only be "walkers or crawlers," like in "The Walking Dead."
Love zombie survival stuff. I think the ruger 10/22 would be a weapon of mass destruction in a zombie apocolypse. Anything within 100yards is OV headshot. I've accidently accrued like 2500 .22 rounds. At 15$ for 500ish I grab a new box whenever I go shooting.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #116 (permalink)
Gabba Gabba Hey

 
dudeabides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 17,764
dudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchable
Isn't anybody gonna say anything about the episode tonight?

Damn...
__________________


Nobody F's with the Jesus
(Sig by Killz cause of boatoar)
FFL: Silva, Silva, Nogueira, Nogueira & Franklin
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #117 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Flint,Michigan
Posts: 1,806
Wookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level nowWookie is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
Isn't anybody gonna say anything about the episode tonight?

Damn...
I thought it was a good episode tonight. I'm still waiting on the reference to the cuts on the security guards becoming part of the storyline. I keep expecting them to talk about it, but I guess it will play out in future episodes. Tough break for the old man though, having zombies dig your insides out with their bare hands has to be the worst way to go! Looking forward to next weeks episode though, should answer some questions hopefully.
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #118 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
I enjoyed the episode. I'm kind of glad dale is gone, he was kind of a bitch. The kid obviously needs to die. Or we can risk the lives of the entire group on one guy who probably raped and murdered non-walker type people.

But ricks kid did freak me out going all psycho, but his remorse at "kind of being responsible for the death of dale" brought him back.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #119 (permalink)
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 16,310
Rauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among Men
This is what Bipsing had to say about the show in twitter:

Quote:
Now watching the walking dead, seems to have improved from last season, let's be honest we want zombie action not deep drama and sub plots
Should i start watching the series?
__________________
Rauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #120 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,407
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
Nope, didn't see Day Zero. LMK if it's on DVD, because I don't know when it came out.

I've also notice that this show has pretty good dialogue/accent coaches. It is VERY hard for English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh actors to do a convincing American accent, and there are at least two on this show, Norman Reedus and the guy who plays Rick, who are doing a fantastic job with it.

I've always been a total mark for creature effects. My husband and I have sat through so many crap movies because they had decent creature effects. The MU and creature effects on this show are outstanding and even if Shane gets killed off, I'd still watch, if only for that.

One of the things I find most compelling in terms of dialogue and story is the continual sense of dread, not just due to battle fatigue-type circumstances, but the all-pervading and terrifying knowledge that everything has fallen apart, and you have to write your own rules now.
Went on a zombie movie marathon. Man, did I immerse myself into the zombie world x 10. Anyways check out this webepisode on the transition of a human into a zombie. It's never been done before with such detail.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
This is what Bipsing had to say about the show in twitter:



Should i start watching the series?
If you're a fan of story telling then yes. This is a very different take than most post apocolyptic shows/films. Mainly because you have an entire season to do it so you get to see character development as opposed to 120 minutes of shoot em up gore fest. There's certainly action, but one never gets to truly see what each character goes through. What's on their minds, how do they react in certain situations, etc. It certainly got me thinking and I'll tell you man...I don't know what tha hell I'd do. Everybody thinks oh I'll just grab a shotgun and go marauding. Yah if it were only that easy. Think New Orleans or the tsnuamis in Bali, Thailand, Japan, or tornadoes or any natural disasters that occur. These things do happen albeit without the zombies. It's crazy. Anyways season 1 will get you glued for sure, part 1 of the second season slows down then picks right up.

As for Dale...he was the conscience of the group although slightly annoying. Now that he's gone things are gonna get worse. Carl really stirred some shiet up didn't he. He triggered everything.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios