MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Forum Feedback (http://www.mmaforum.com/forum-feedback/)
-   -   Adding to a member's Reputation (http://www.mmaforum.com/forum-feedback/100541-adding-members-reputation.html)

tripster 03-15-2012 11:47 AM

Adding to a member's Reputation
 
Adding to someone's reputation is a privilidge for all the members of the forum and should not be abused. Giving negative reps and not leaving your name is a cowardly thing to do, IMO. Especially when giving negative reps for disagreeing with an opinion. Negative reps should be reserved for abusive or insulting comments. The forum should set up an automatic reply that includes the person's name when repping someone. Can this be done.

H33LHooK 03-15-2012 11:54 AM

Why is this in the UFC section?

.

Quote:

My mistake, I selected the wrong section. Do you know how I can change it?
Reach out to a mod.

.

tripster 03-15-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H33LHooK (Post 1562457)
Why is this in the UFC section?

.

My mistake, I selected the wrong section. Do you know how I can change it?

M_D 03-15-2012 12:10 PM

It does automatically add their name when you are a premium member of the forum, it is one of the many perks for supporting the forum

dario03 03-15-2012 12:14 PM

IIRC you get to see who left reps if you are a paid member. I agree with you about only giving neg reps for insults and stuff like that. Every one of the negs that I've got make no sense. Bugs me a little but then I remember that rep doesn't actually mean anything so I just don't worry about it.

HitOrGetHit 03-15-2012 12:59 PM

Yes as MD said, Premium Members can see all reps left. If someone leaves you anything insulting, let a staff member know and something can be done about it.

Soojooko 03-21-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripster (Post 1562454)
Adding to someone's reputation is a privilidge for all the members of the forum and should not be abused. Giving negative reps and not leaving your name is a cowardly thing to do, IMO. Especially when giving negative reps for disagreeing with an opinion. Negative reps should be reserved for abusive or insulting comments. The forum should set up an automatic reply that includes the person's name when repping someone. Can this be done.

Come on trip. Negs can be fun! I think leaving a neg because you disagree with an opinion is completely valid. After all, what are most positive reps for?

I've had endless entertainment from abusive reps as well. It's just silly nonsense. Who cares.

Having said all that, I've negged one person in the last 2 years! ( I think ) I would like to neg more, but people take it too seriously, which is never my intention.

tripster 03-21-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soojooko (Post 1563871)
Come on trip. Negs can be fun! I think leaving a neg because you disagree with an opinion is completely valid. After all, what are most positive reps for?

I've had endless entertainment from abusive reps as well. It's just silly nonsense. Who cares.

Having said all that, I've negged one person in the last 2 years! ( I think ) I would like to neg more, but people take it too seriously, which is never my intention.

You're right. I was having a shitty week and even this meaningless chatter got to me. Not a big deal.

Hawndo 06-17-2012 07:56 PM

When I first started here I used to leave the most ridiculous neg reps (particularly when drunk). Can't remember the last time I did now though.

I remember I once got red repped, guy left his name, was over something silly so I negged him back, leaving my name to immediately get negged from the same guy but this time actually him. I got played :(

abusername 09-12-2012 01:01 AM

Neg repped the OP for whining. :thumb02:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2