why - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Forum Feedback Have a question or comment about MMAForum.Com, please post it in here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Yo
 
UFCFAN33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,703
UFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyo
I gotta agree with the mod in this particular situation, because threads engulfed by politics/race/religion never die on its own.
Very true zyo!
UFCFAN33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
jehu pitchfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 332
jehu pitchfork has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFranklin88
Like it or not, that's what he's supposed to be doing. If a mod sees a thread getting outta control, he should close it. The thread might have some interesting points and conversations, but it just get's to the point where it's better off closed. If it doesn't get closed, it may (and probably will) get worse. People will start saying things that can get them banned. If you're saying in your head "Well I know I wouldn't do that...so why close it?". Because there are some stupid people on this forum that definately would do it. Bottom line, some threads just need to be closed dude. For the good of the forum and it's members.
wow, this post is crap. so what you're saying is, because there MIGHT be a few bad apples in a mature thread, we should close it because of "what-if's"?!? that is not logic, that is reactionary BS. i absolutely respect the mods & what they are here to do, however, that does not mean that they're infalliable in their decision making. it seems, that that the general consensus is that a majority of those threads were closed prematurely. and that's a shame, cause a lot of good points could have been made, but we'll never know.
jehu pitchfork is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Yo
 
UFCFAN33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,703
UFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu pitchfork
wow, this post is crap. so what you're saying is, because there MIGHT be a few bad apples in a mature thread, we should close it because of "what-if's"?!? that is not logic, that is reactionary BS. i absolutely respect the mods & what they are here to do, however, that does not mean that they're infalliable in their decision making. it seems, that that the general consensus is that a majority of those threads were closed prematurely. and that's a shame, cause a lot of good points could have been made, but we'll never know.
The thread was closed for a good reason!
UFCFAN33 is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
jehu pitchfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 332
jehu pitchfork has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyo
I'm a sociology major from UCSD, and from my experience, arguing about race, is like arguing about religion. Nobody convinces anybody, and it's a huge waste of time. The only way people really become convinced of racial inequality, is if they literally take some classes on it. Usually people who are extremely conservative will be very defensive to your opposing position, so he won't hear you out. But classes introduce the idea more neutrally, as opposed to these verbal debates that have a propaganda-esque vibe to it.
this is another ridiculous post. good lord, what is w/ you people?!? from YOUR experience? YOUR experience is not everyone else's experience. you're throwing absolute's around like candy on halloween. how can you claim that nothing good can come from a healthy discourse?!? if someone is being an ass, they should be dealt w/ accordingly & have their ignorant post deleted, enough said, as simple as that.
then the healthy discourse can continue AS IT SHOULD!
jehu pitchfork is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Yo
 
UFCFAN33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,703
UFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehu pitchfork
this is another ridiculous post. good lord, what is w/ you people?!? from YOUR experience? YOUR experience is not everyone else's experience. you're throwing absolute's around like candy on halloween. how can you claim that nothing good can come from a healthy discourse?!? if someone is being an ass, they should be dealt w/ accordingly & have their ignorant post deleted, enough said, as simple as that.
then the healthy discourse can continue AS IT SHOULD!
Or the whole post can be closed like it is! What are you saying?
UFCFAN33 is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Outta My Head
 
Onganju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 1,220
Blog Entries: 11
Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Another thing that I must bring up is that their is an "Off Topic" forum for those types of discussions. The UFC and other main fora are dedicated for a lot fan/news/event feedback. When the thread turns into something else, it's pretty much hijacked from the subject matter.

Further, if you look at the threads that were closed, they had an enormous amount of views and posts within minutes/hours of opening because of completely inflammatory comments. When a newly registered member or guest pops in and browses the topics on top of the fora and sees "id rather keep my country pure and free from you race-mixing, mud luving idots" 9 times out of 10 they are either going to sign this forum off entirely or register to angrily post on top of the pire. I'd rather not have that be representative of everyone on the forum (which it ends up being).
__________________
It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Yo
 
UFCFAN33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,703
UFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By AllUFCFAN33 Is Beloved By All
Once again this thread is CLOSED!
UFCFAN33 is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios