MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Forum Feedback (http://www.mmaforum.com/forum-feedback/)
-   -   Mod Question or Admin.... (http://www.mmaforum.com/forum-feedback/75199-mod-question-admin.html)

coldcall420 04-14-2010 03:04 PM

Mod Question or Admin....
 
How do we search for old threads now??? We used to use the search feature and then click advanced search for a thread or an old post. Now its some Google thing......how do we search with this new google thing???

Is there a new way to find old threads??? Since there used to be???:confused02:

LandonCanady 04-14-2010 04:20 PM

Yeah
 
Yeah,i think so, i think if you type in the search bar what you want you can probably find it. that's what i usually do if i am trying to find an old thread that i commented on or something like that, or you can always go to your email and find the update and click the link to it when someone else comments on it. that's another way to do it.

x-Canady-x

dudeabides 04-14-2010 04:25 PM

"Advanced Search" is still there. Google is just under it now. When I click, there's a box for "Search", under that a link for "Advanced Search" and under that a box for a Google search.

adminmma 04-14-2010 04:32 PM

If you are going to use advance search make sure you are looking for somthing specific. the google seach tool is more for general search stuff, new people and the public.
Its partly there to help google index the site better but as well when a new person joins and searches UFC, Dana White, MMA, Gracie. very general very broad terms that will show up in probably half of the 63,500+ threads it can cuase the search to hang on a query (take too f*ng long) and just crash or lock up the search tool for everyone else.

Similiar things will happen when you decide to show posts by user and the user is active and has over 10,000 posts.

This is why seach and new posts usually gets turned off durring a main PPV event, to keep the traffic that is drawn to here before and after a major PPV flowing.

G_Land 04-14-2010 04:34 PM

O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o I was wondering about that!!!!

coldcall420 04-14-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeabides (Post 1161545)
"Advanced Search" is still there. Google is just under it now. When I click, there's a box for "Search", under that a link for "Advanced Search" and under that a box for a Google search.


Where is it??? I am not finding the advanced and all I get is the box u can click for search and its ******* google....*annoyed* Dudeabides break it to me like a 2 yr old....I mean i click search other than typing something in how do u get to the advanced to search members and shit....

@ adminma...I am using it for specific but i cant use it...i cant ind it it doesnt drop down, all i seem to b able to do is a google search of something i type in, do i have to have something typed in to use advance search???

dudeabides 04-14-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldcall420 (Post 1161678)
Where is it??? I am not finding the advanced and all I get is the box u can click for search and its ******* google....*annoyed* Dudeabides break it to me like a 2 yr old....I mean i click search other than typing something in how do u get to the advanced to search members and shit....

It is in the middle of the dropdown that comes up when you click 'search' at the top of the page. A link for 'advanced search'. This is the link it gives:

http://www.mmaforum.com/search.php

That is where you go to breakdown the search by specific forums or members or what have you.

coldcall420 04-14-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeabides (Post 1161779)
It is in the middle of the dropdown that comes up when you click 'search' at the top of the page. A link for 'advanced search'. This is the link it gives:

http://www.mmaforum.com/search.php

That is where you go to breakdown the search by specific forums or members or what have you.

Got it thanks man....WTF.....me no like the google crap....

adminmma 04-15-2010 11:27 AM

I know the google thing sucks but the majority of people who are searching on this site are not searching for specific things its amazing how many times just "UFC" was searched on here before we made the google search the main one.

coldcall420 04-15-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adminmma (Post 1162152)
I know the google thing sucks but the majority of people who are searching on this site are not searching for specific things its amazing how many times just "UFC" was searched on here before we made the google search the main one.


What does the google thing do??? LOL I mean does it bring people to threads or just do a google search???? BTW....the advanced is like tucked all neatly in the corner had to break out my magnifier to find it....finally did though!!!!

Adminma....get back to me about that ATT stuff we talked about....I got the in....:thumbsup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2