MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Forum Feedback (http://www.mmaforum.com/forum-feedback/)
-   -   How about a petition? (http://www.mmaforum.com/forum-feedback/95395-how-about-petition.html)

The Lone Wolf 10-01-2011 07:01 PM

How about a petition?
 
Since trolls ruin the boards every now and then, but dont actually break any rules, i was wondering if maybe the users of the forum could have a say in whether another user can get "voted off" the forums.

I know trolls are fun at first, but that fun is short lived. Wouldnt it be nice if we could have a poll to get rid of user X and if they get a certain amount of "ban" votes - theyre gone?

Power to the poeple and all that bollocks :)

Walker 10-01-2011 07:33 PM

We're not going to allow witch hunts and popularity contests/votes to ban users. We have a system in place and it may not perfect but it does work when dealing with problems.

The Lone Wolf 10-01-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walker (Post 1480203)
We're not going to allow witch hunts and popularity contests/votes to ban users. We have a system in place and it may not perfect but it does work when dealing with problems.

Surely you mean troll hunt?

Its hardly a popularity contest. Its just a suggestion to clean the boards of people who just ruin things for everyone else.

But your site, your rules.

joshua7789 10-01-2011 08:08 PM

That would be tough to do. There are some people that actually believe really stupid stuff.

Toxic 10-01-2011 10:08 PM

There are major flaws with that. Sometimes new users are just unaware of forum etiquette or are infact noobs and get labled as trouble makers right off the bat. These users sometimes struggle as is due to members ganging up and virtually backing them into a corner. We strive to make a community that is welcoming and accommodating to all users.

Voiceless 10-04-2011 11:06 PM

The best way to deal with trolls is usually really just to not feed them.

M_D 10-05-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Wolf (Post 1480211)
Surely you mean troll hunt?

Its hardly a popularity contest. Its just a suggestion to clean the boards of people who just ruin things for everyone else.

But your site, your rules.

it does turn into a popularity contest as we have seen in the past,

joshua7789 10-05-2011 01:19 AM

I think this forum is pretty friendly in general. Not just compared to other mma boards, but online discussion boards in general. If you wanna see some real hateful, troll like behavior, go on amazon and read the review comments on anything political or religious. That is some entertaining hate.

BrianRClover 11-20-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshua7789 (Post 1481706)
I think this forum is pretty friendly in general. Not just compared to other mma boards, but online discussion boards in general. If you wanna see some real hateful, troll like behavior, go on amazon and read the review comments on anything political or religious. That is some entertaining hate.

Man you're not kidding... all though I think some of the crap that is said over youtube has got to be the worst. 13 year old girls throwing out the most racist slurs I've heard in years on a regular basis. Oh and the "send the woman to the kitchen" joke just never seems to get old.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2