MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   Gear & Equipment (http://www.mmaforum.com/gear-equipment/)
-   -   mma gloves (http://www.mmaforum.com/gear-equipment/23390-mma-gloves.html)

Ryan69 09-17-2007 12:47 AM

mma gloves
 
whats a good price for mma gloves? whats a good brand? i dont want to overspend like a chump.
thanks

wukkadb 09-17-2007 02:26 AM

my suggestion: ebay

MMA gloves are very expensive, but I bought a nice pair of gloves brand new for 25 dollars less than the price on the website.

GMW 09-17-2007 08:20 AM

MMA gloves as in..? Training gloves? Fight gloves?
I have a pair of training gloves for 54 dollars and fight gloves for 60.
I've really been wanting some Pride FC and Ouano UFC gloves though.

xeberus 09-18-2007 02:58 PM

about 20-30$ for mma gloves. imo get boxing gloves like 16-18ounce for hitting the heavy bag etc.

6-ounce dosent cut it against a heavy bag.

Ryan69 09-18-2007 04:46 PM

i found some 30.00 everlast mma gloves and they feel good, and i have some 12oz boxing gloves that i like. so im set up with gloves
thanks for eveyrones responces

obscura1560 09-19-2007 02:00 PM

Go for MMA sparring gloves, they're better for you and cheaper. Don't buy fight gloves, cause you get given them when you fight anyway

Kin 10-25-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obscura1560
Go for MMA sparring gloves, they're better for you and cheaper. Don't buy fight gloves, cause you get given them when you fight anyway

I've recently purchased a pair of MMA training gloves from combat sports, that supposedly distributes force as well as 16 oz boxing gloves. Now, my gym's supplier of equipment is Combat Sports, and so far I'm pleased. However, to have a pair of 6 oz gloves that can do what those are said to -- well, its a steep claim.

Does anyone know if it delivers?

TraMaI 02-23-2008 11:07 PM

I use my fight gloves for training and everything. Like I use mine on my heavy bag (if you hurt yourself hitting a HB, you're going to hurt yourself punching a person weighing even more). The only problem I've ever had doing this is that my knuckles got a little scrapped up at first, but they callas over really quick. I use them for sparring too (half contact) and they work just fine. I have a pair of everlasts with Japanese katakana on the front, ran me twenty bucks.

Thumper75 02-25-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraMaI (Post 477727)
I use my fight gloves for training and everything. Like I use mine on my heavy bag (if you hurt yourself hitting a HB, you're going to hurt yourself punching a person weighing even more). The only problem I've ever had doing this is that my knuckles got a little scrapped up at first, but they callas over really quick. I use them for sparring too (half contact) and they work just fine. I have a pair of everlasts with Japanese katakana on the front, ran me twenty bucks.

The only reson to hit the bag with MMA gloves on is that you are trying to impress someone(yourself methinks). Or you simply cannot afford a pair of bag gloves. With the amount of time you should be spending on the bag you will undoubtedly hurt yourself with those mma gloves. When you fight you should be properly wrapped under the gloves to add protection. Invest in your hands, get bag gloves, and proper wraps.

traf_quake 02-25-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper75 (Post 478556)
The only reson to hit the bag with MMA gloves on is that you are trying to impress someone(yourself methinks). Or you simply cannot afford a pair of bag gloves. With the amount of time you should be spending on the bag you will undoubtedly hurt yourself with those mma gloves. When you fight you should be properly wrapped under the gloves to add protection. Invest in your hands, get bag gloves, and proper wraps.

truth


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2