mma gloves - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Gear & Equipment Discuss the training gear you use to become a successful mixed martial artist.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 26
 
mma gloves

whats a good price for mma gloves? whats a good brand? i dont want to overspend like a chump.
thanks
Ryan69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Das Übermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
my suggestion: ebay

MMA gloves are very expensive, but I bought a nice pair of gloves brand new for 25 dollars less than the price on the website.




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 08:20 AM
GMW
International Stalker
 
GMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,203
Blog Entries: 2
                     
MMA gloves as in..? Training gloves? Fight gloves?
I have a pair of training gloves for 54 dollars and fight gloves for 60.
I've really been wanting some Pride FC and Ouano UFC gloves though.


Credit to ThaMuffinMan
GMW is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
about 20-30$ for mma gloves. imo get boxing gloves like 16-18ounce for hitting the heavy bag etc.

6-ounce dosent cut it against a heavy bag.



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 26
 
i found some 30.00 everlast mma gloves and they feel good, and i have some 12oz boxing gloves that i like. so im set up with gloves
thanks for eveyrones responces
Ryan69 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Amatuer
 
obscura1560's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 176
 
Go for MMA sparring gloves, they're better for you and cheaper. Don't buy fight gloves, cause you get given them when you fight anyway

[IMG]http://www.****metal.com/bjpennsig.jpg[/IMG]

UK-MMA - A Mixed Martial Arts Community

Favorite Fighters
BJ Penn
Rampage Jackson
Anderson Silva
Eddie Bravo
Randy Couture
Mauricio Shogun Rua

Liverpool Football Club Forever
obscura1560 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Kin
MMA fighter
 
Kin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 649
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscura1560
Go for MMA sparring gloves, they're better for you and cheaper. Don't buy fight gloves, cause you get given them when you fight anyway
I've recently purchased a pair of MMA training gloves from combat sports, that supposedly distributes force as well as 16 oz boxing gloves. Now, my gym's supplier of equipment is Combat Sports, and so far I'm pleased. However, to have a pair of 6 oz gloves that can do what those are said to -- well, its a steep claim.

Does anyone know if it delivers?

Highly opinionated but out of touch with the current MMA scene.

Support my FB athlete page!



Watch my 7th pro fight here



Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 PM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
I use my fight gloves for training and everything. Like I use mine on my heavy bag (if you hurt yourself hitting a HB, you're going to hurt yourself punching a person weighing even more). The only problem I've ever had doing this is that my knuckles got a little scrapped up at first, but they callas over really quick. I use them for sparring too (half contact) and they work just fine. I have a pair of everlasts with Japanese katakana on the front, ran me twenty bucks.
TraMaI is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 11:30 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 51
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
I use my fight gloves for training and everything. Like I use mine on my heavy bag (if you hurt yourself hitting a HB, you're going to hurt yourself punching a person weighing even more). The only problem I've ever had doing this is that my knuckles got a little scrapped up at first, but they callas over really quick. I use them for sparring too (half contact) and they work just fine. I have a pair of everlasts with Japanese katakana on the front, ran me twenty bucks.
The only reson to hit the bag with MMA gloves on is that you are trying to impress someone(yourself methinks). Or you simply cannot afford a pair of bag gloves. With the amount of time you should be spending on the bag you will undoubtedly hurt yourself with those mma gloves. When you fight you should be properly wrapped under the gloves to add protection. Invest in your hands, get bag gloves, and proper wraps.
Thumper75 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Flyweight
 
traf_quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 291
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper75 View Post
The only reson to hit the bag with MMA gloves on is that you are trying to impress someone(yourself methinks). Or you simply cannot afford a pair of bag gloves. With the amount of time you should be spending on the bag you will undoubtedly hurt yourself with those mma gloves. When you fight you should be properly wrapped under the gloves to add protection. Invest in your hands, get bag gloves, and proper wraps.
truth

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
Friedrich Nietzsche
traf_quake is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome