Mouthpiece question - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Gear & Equipment Discuss the training gear you use to become a successful mixed martial artist.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
mikehmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 499
   
Mouthpiece question

Alright this is a totally random question, IM pretty sure I have heard of these being made but does some company out there make mouthpeices that look like grills. I got into a convo at a fight with a friend about it and i cnat find it on google.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows a site etc

Believe.
mikehmike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 80
 
id love a mouthpiece that says something on it to mess with peoples heads
Salty22 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Bantamweight
 
Slamnbam88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 891
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehmike
Alright this is a totally random question, IM pretty sure I have heard of these being made but does some company out there make mouthpeices that look like grills. I got into a convo at a fight with a friend about it and i cnat find it on google.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows a site etc
rampages is made by a company and its a one of a kind...come on mike pay attention and please know enough to recognize rob kaman when hes standing infront of you.

Some of my Fav fighters (no order)
1) The Truth
2) The Prodigy
3) Crocop
4) The Monster
5) Mark Hunt
Slamnbam88 is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 342
                     
Talk to your dentist, I am sure they can recommend someone. I know AA uses a dentist around here, I think Buffalo Grove, IL.
NoRToN is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
mikehmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 499
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamnbam88
rampages is made by a company and its a one of a kind...come on mike pay attention and please know enough to recognize rob kaman when hes standing infront of you.
Im going to come to your house and bite your ear off

Believe.
mikehmike is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Featherweight
 
davidm724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,199
                     
I think Hughes should get one that has his bucky teeth printed on it.
davidm724 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
kaiz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Monroe, MI
Posts: 27
 
Use your heads guys!!.....

Just use a sharpie......and be creative...
kaiz77 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Outta My Head
 
Onganju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 1,220
Blog Entries: 11
                     
You'd probably be looking at ProTech Mouthguards or Gladiator Mouthguards. Both are pretty spendy, and I know that the ProTech has gotten real popular lately (a lot of CA based fighters are going with them). However, I've been reading a lot of negative posts at various fora about how long it takes to actually get the mouthguard after ordering (and paying) for it. Don't know too much about Gladiator Mouthguards to be honest.

In any case, you're probably looking at a few hundred dollars for a custom guard. If you're just starting out, save the case and get yourself a plain mouthguard. Use the rest of the cash for other equipment you really need.

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,163
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onganju
You'd probably be looking at ProTech Mouthguards or Gladiator Mouthguards. Both are pretty spendy, and I know that the ProTech has gotten real popular lately (a lot of CA based fighters are going with them). However, I've been reading a lot of negative posts at various fora about how long it takes to actually get the mouthguard after ordering (and paying) for it. Don't know too much about Gladiator Mouthguards to be honest.

In any case, you're probably looking at a few hundred dollars for a custom guard. If you're just starting out, save the case and get yourself a plain mouthguard. Use the rest of the cash for other equipment you really need.
Thanks for the links and good advice.. people just starting out should not be blowing money on a custom designed gaurd.. a $30 one from shockDoctor or brainpad will protect you just as well..

RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Bantamweight
 
sove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 645
                     
I bought my mouthguard for $.99 @ Target. It's comfortable and has protected my teeth so far.
sove is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome