Why can't anyone fight back against Fedor? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
                     
Why can't anyone fight back against Fedor?

I just watched his highlights and the guys that fight him start covering up even before they're in his punching range. Also his punches are pretty sloppy too
MCDOJO101 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 01:22 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,075
                     
I'd say this is fighting back and I would wait until you start getting hit by an elite level fighter before trashing another.


Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
I'd say this is fighting back and I would wait until you start getting hit by an elite level fighter before trashing another.

I know i can't take a punch from an elite fighter but I'm just saying when they cover up and get bombed on they just get ko'ed. i know it's way harder to actually do something than say but they could atleast try to slip or roll with punches, run away or grapple. even if they fail, it's still worth a try
MCDOJO101 is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 02:31 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,075
                     
Wait so you're saying that no one ever did that or tried to do that against Fedor.....watch a few more videos.

And we all know Fedor has terrible form, that's why he breaks he hand every other fight.]

Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone just stand in front of someone and take punches. They are trying to move. Add to that, as soon as you said they should run away I stopped caring about this discussion.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 133
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Wait so you're saying that no one ever did that or tried to do that against Fedor.....watch a few more videos.

And we all know Fedor has terrible form, that's why he breaks he hand every other fight.]

Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone just stand in front of someone and take punches. They are trying to move. Add to that, as soon as you said they should run away I stopped caring about this discussion.
well you need some distance...
MCDOJO101 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDOJO101 View Post
I just watched his highlights and the guys that fight him start covering up even before they're in his punching range. Also his punches are pretty sloppy too
Cuz despite his pudgy body, Fedor is (was) quick and a good counterpuncher who comes from alot of angles and punches with bad intentions.
mastodon2222 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Bantamweight
 
METALLICA_RULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 664
                     
I'm guessing because he was lightning fast for a heavyweight.

'Bisping's a dick'

Dana White
METALLICA_RULES is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Bantamweight
 
systemdnb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 919
                     
Most of Fedor's "sloppy punches" is actually a technique called a casting punch and it proved to be very effective for him for a long time...
systemdnb is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 02:11 AM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 12,630
                     
Yeah, it worked for him for a long time but it finally came to be his undoing. Nowadays he's getting fights for money against cans and up and comers. Things are unfortunately different.

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,138
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Yeah, it worked for him for a long time but it finally came to be his undoing. Nowadays he's getting fights for money against cans and up and comers. Things are unfortunately different.
I wouldn't say that. His last 5 fights were against Werdum, Antonio Silva, Hendo, Monson and Ishii. Ishii being the only one who fits the your description.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome