lol @ Mousasi - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
joh2141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 58
               
That sucks. I hope Mousasi comes to the UFC soon. I honestly believe Mousasi can beat Jon Bones Jones in a stand up match, assuming he doesn't get caught up in Jones' wrestling.
joh2141 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Mousasi in the UFC would make for some fireworks against so many fighters at LHW.. or MW..

They need to get their hands on him and put him against some of their guys like Glover, Gustoffson, and Rashad..


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 03:37 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joh2141 View Post
That sucks. I hope Mousasi comes to the UFC soon. I honestly believe Mousasi can beat Jon Bones Jones in a stand up match, assuming he doesn't get caught up in Jones' wrestling.
Zero chance of that happening. The man has no tdd.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
joh2141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 58
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Zero chance of that happening. The man has no tdd.
I agree he has no TDD and Jones can take down pretty much everyone in the division. But sometimes, even with no takedown defense, a great grappler can be knocked out. It'll be an upset, definitely... but I have hopes for Mousasi
I guess that's what you call blind faith haha
joh2141 is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Gone Fishing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gods country
Posts: 4,511
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Is Jardine the biggest name Gegard has fought? I don't follow japanese MMA and don't recognize many of his opponents from the last couple years.
Rusty is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 09:41 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Jardine and King Mo. The worst part is he couldn't beat either simply because he couldn't defend a takedown to save his soul.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 02:21 AM
Lightweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRenegade View Post
Is Jardine the biggest name Gegard has fought? I don't follow japanese MMA and don't recognize many of his opponents from the last couple years.

He's beatin Jacare, Denis Kang, Sobral, Sokoudju, Mark Hunt, Melvin Manhoef, Jake O, Brian, and many others. He's got some credible wins for sure.
dlxrevolution is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
He's beatin Jacare, Denis Kang, Sobral, Sokoudju, Mark Hunt, Melvin Manhoef, Jake O, Brian, and many others. He's got some credible wins for sure.
He's also beaten Hector Lombard.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Flyweight
 
Don$ukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 488
                     
Mousasi has also beaten Lombard in Pride. Lombard may have been raw but so was Mousasi being very young at that time.

I think Mousasi would of been signed by the UFC when he was the Dream champion if he had a marketing persona. Mousasi is a fighter who shows his skills in a MMA fight. His deameanour as a person is very relaxed, we dont ever see him hyped for a fight or pumped winning a fight. He is very similiar to Fedor where we get a smile if he wins.

Hopefully we see his wrestling skills improving which he showed against Ovince. He improved that area at an amazing rate which we saw him dominate Ovince in grappling, who was supposed to out wrestle Mousasi himself.
He has K1 level striking already so who knows how great he can become.

Franklin,Gouveia,Maia,Kharitonov,Hunt,Liddell,Pari syan,Hardy,Shlemenko,Machida,Gomi,Bustamante,Evans ,Edgar,Hathaway,Bonnar,Murray,S.Carter,Ludwig,Pett is,K.Gill,Sobral,Mousasi,D.Cruz,Arona,Nogueiras,Co te,Ole Laursen,Kawajiri,Sakuraba & K1 Lebanner!
Don$ukh is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 09:52 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don$ukh View Post
Mousasi has also beaten Lombard in Pride. Lombard may have been raw but so was Mousasi being very young at that time.

I think Mousasi would of been signed by the UFC when he was the Dream champion if he had a marketing persona. Mousasi is a fighter who shows his skills in a MMA fight. His deameanour as a person is very relaxed, we dont ever see him hyped for a fight or pumped winning a fight. He is very similiar to Fedor where we get a smile if he wins.

Hopefully we see his wrestling skills improving which he showed against Ovince. He improved that area at an amazing rate which we saw him dominate Ovince in grappling, who was supposed to out wrestle Mousasi himself.
He has K1 level striking already so who knows how great he can become.
THe UFC tried to sign him years ago but he had visa issues.


----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome