MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
-   -   Dave Bautista, fight. SPOILER!!! (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/105793-dave-bautista-fight-spoiler.html)

bando661 10-06-2012 11:27 PM

Dave Bautista, fight. SPOILER!!!
 
Dave Bautista won his first mma tonight by way of tko. He did get rocked in the first round but turned it around and got his back then began to drop down some pretty big shots. Did anyone else catch the fight?? if so what did u think of his performance????

No_Mercy 10-06-2012 11:46 PM

Pretty much happened the way I expected. Bobby and Brock paved the way for the wrestlers and I expected Bautista to take it to the ground for a GNP victory.

Obviously his stand up is very similar for someone with that type of physique. Basically he will never be able to generate much power. I'm glad he kept it real and fought in a much smaller circuit with a tune up fight. This actually makes it all the more impressive for Brock to come in to the UFC and fight top tiered fighters with very limited MMA experience.

It's good to see cross over as it further cements MMA as the sport for the I-generation.

Mirage445 10-06-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No_Mercy (Post 1634372)
Pretty much happened the way I expected. Bobby and Brock paved the way for the wrestlers and I expected Bautista to take it to the ground for a GNP victory.

Obviously his stand up is very similar for someone with that type of physique. Basically he will never be able to generate much power. I'm glad he kept it real and fought in a much smaller circuit with a tune up fight. This actually makes it all the more impressive for Brock to come in to the UFC and fight top tiered fighters with very limited MMA experience.

It's good to see cross over as it further cements MMA as the sport for the I-generation.

There is a slight difference in this case I believe...Brock and Bobby had legitimate NCAA wrestling careers, something which I don't believe Dave Bautista did.

Toxic 10-06-2012 11:55 PM

What was with the bad blood at the end?

Basic fight, his opponent looked out of shape but fought smart and pressured Dave early not letting him get comfortable. I didn't think he looked to rocked earlier but struggled to get off the fence despite looking at least like the physically stronger opponent. Got his opponent down late in the first and from there, transitioned to mount which looked fairly easy, his opponent rolled and Batista GnP to the stoppage, he did appear high enough that a better fighter likely could have bucked him off but his opponents waist size was likely the reason he was so high as he needed to be to get the hooks in.

He neither looked impressive or horrendous but merely like a guy in his first MMA fight.

bando661 10-07-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxic (Post 1634374)
What was with the bad blood at the end?

Basic fight, his opponent looked out of shape but fought smart and pressured Dave early not letting him get comfortable. I didn't think he looked to rocked earlier but struggled to get off the fence despite looking at least like the physically stronger opponent. Got his opponent down late in the first and from there, transitioned to mount which looked fairly easy, his opponent rolled and Batista GnP to the stoppage, he did appear high enough that a better fighter likely could have bucked him off but his opponents waist size was likely the reason he was so high as he needed to be to get the hooks in.

He neither looked impressive or horrendous but merely like a guy in his first MMA fight.

I didnt even notice the mount, my stream was pretty bad. I agree about him starting in a smaller circuit. I dont think he will ever make it to a large scale show, or at least fight good competition at a large scale show. Its cool to see him in the cage tho.

Lock Bresnar 10-07-2012 01:33 AM

I felt that even I, a 205 pound man who is non athletic, could have beat Daves ass tonight. The man did not look like an MMA fighter at all tonight in my eyes. They claimed he turned down UFC and Strikeforce.... haha RIGHT! Why would he turn down the top MMA organization in the world?

Batista was just asking to get knocked out. He didnt defend for shit. I think this fight was rigged anyway. They promoted his movie more than they did his fight. Who would want to watch a movie starring an MMA fighter who lost his first fight? Nobody! So get rid of the guy who would have beat his ass and replace his with the fat man from the trailer park.

Rigged!

HitOrGetHit 10-07-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Bresnar (Post 1634388)
I felt that even I, a 205 pound man who is non athletic, could have beat Daves ass tonight. The man did not look like an MMA fighter at all tonight in my eyes. They claimed he turned down UFC and Strikeforce.... haha RIGHT! Why would he turn down the top MMA organization in the world?

Batista was just asking to get knocked out. He didnt defend for shit. I think this fight was rigged anyway. They promoted his movie more than they did his fight. Who would want to watch a movie starring an MMA fighter who lost his first fight? Nobody! So get rid of the guy who would have beat his ass and replace his with the fat man from the trailer park.

Rigged!

I wouldn't doubt it if he turned down the UFC. He knows he isn't about to come in and do what Brock did, and I really doubt the UFC will pay him what he was making in the WWE anyway. This isn't about money for him.

deadmanshand 10-07-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Bresnar (Post 1634388)
I felt that even I, a 205 pound man who is non athletic, could have beat Daves ass tonight. The man did not look like an MMA fighter at all tonight in my eyes. They claimed he turned down UFC and Strikeforce.... haha RIGHT! Why would he turn down the top MMA organization in the world?

Batista was just asking to get knocked out. He didnt defend for shit. I think this fight was rigged anyway. They promoted his movie more than they did his fight. Who would want to watch a movie starring an MMA fighter who lost his first fight? Nobody! So get rid of the guy who would have beat his ass and replace his with the fat man from the trailer park.

Rigged!

Take off the tin foil hat and have a huff of lithium. It will help with these kind of wild delusions.

Lock Bresnar 10-07-2012 01:47 AM

Pretty sure Dana turned him down instantly not too long after he quit WWE.

SideWays222 10-07-2012 02:15 AM



Here is the Fight Video!

His Standup looked seriously horrible. His hands were low, no head movement, no leg movement. He literally just stood there and took the blows. I was a bit surprised at that... i imagined a big man like him could atleast throw some serious haymakers.

Anyway i guess he did as well as you would expect a first time 43 year old to perform. I think Herschel Walker vs Batista might be fun. Id pick Herschel. (I think Herschel said he is done stepping in to the octagon, not sure)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2