MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
-   -   Underground Combat Clubs (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/10642-underground-combat-clubs.html)

SnakePit 03-20-2007 02:26 AM

Underground Combat Clubs
 
I guess this is the right forum, sorry if it's not.

I'm interesting in tracking down a "combat club" or something to that effect.

Lets put it this way, I wouldn't lose any sleep if it was of "questionable legality".

Any tips on finding one in an area where you don't have those type of connections? What to look for? What types of folks to ask, etc?

I just don't know the area or those type of people in the area I'm in.

dutch sauce 03-20-2007 03:25 AM

rule 1. we dont talk about fight club
rule 2. we dont talk about fight club

hammafist 03-20-2007 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakePit
I guess this is the right forum, sorry if it's not.

I'm interesting in tracking down a "combat club" or something to that effect.

Lets put it this way, I wouldn't lose any sleep if it was of "questionable legality".

Any tips on finding one in an area where you don't have those type of connections? What to look for? What types of folks to ask, etc?

I just don't know the area or those type of people in the area I'm in.

what i do is....find the biggest bouncer at the bar. be friendly, but also let him know you are willing to take a beating. if he follows through with said beating, shake his hand, buy him a drink, and talk about any fight clubs. if you're lucky he knows of some, and didn't take a beating for nothing :D

SnakePit 03-20-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammafist
what i do is....find the biggest bouncer at the bar. be friendly, but also let him know you are willing to take a beating. if he follows through with said beating, shake his hand, buy him a drink, and talk about any fight clubs. if you're lucky he knows of some, and didn't take a beating for nothing :D

haha.

Any serious ideas? But bouncers could likely know...

Unseen 03-20-2007 02:23 PM

talk to kimbo... Im sure theyll set you up for the right price

SnakePit 03-20-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnseenKing
talk to kimbo... Im sure theyll set you up for the right price

haha. I think he IS the fight club.

Any serious answers?

VinceD 03-20-2007 06:16 PM

I dont think that you will get any serious answers bro. Where are you located at?

SnakePit 03-20-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinceD
I dont think that you will get any serious answers bro. Where are you located at?

Portland Oregon. I know it's comical to ask on an MMA forum, but it's worth a try. The larger your search, no matter how remote, the better ones chance of finding something they are seeking.

The trouble is I don't know the area, at all. Or people in that shit.

The reason isn't because "I wunna be a tuff d00d who plays fighter".

It's because I'd like to find free, full contact sparring.

I know most gyms won't let you spar or whatever for quite a while, but I'm in a place where I feel I'd hold up fine against non pros etc. The problem is I don't have a "formal" training resume.

I've thought about checking into my college's wrestling team as a "sparring partner". They get someone to practice on, you practice wrestling. I've heard many colleges do things like that.

I just want something that is real combat.

Oh, if you didn't notice, I don't have money for a gym. haha, I know Team Quest (Henderson, Couture, Lindland, etc) is within 15 minutes of here. but no cash.

VinceD 03-20-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakePit
Portland Oregon. I know it's comical to ask on an MMA forum, but it's worth a try. The larger your search, no matter how remote, the better ones chance of finding something they are seeking.

The trouble is I don't know the area, at all. Or people in that shit.

The reason isn't because "I wunna be a tuff d00d who plays fighter".

It's because I'd like to find free, full contact sparring.

I know most gyms won't let you spar or whatever for quite a while, but I'm in a place where I feel I'd hold up fine against non pros etc. The problem is I don't have a "formal" training resume.

I've thought about checking into my college's wrestling team as a "sparring partner". They get someone to practice on, you practice wrestling. I've heard many colleges do things like that.

I just want something that is real combat.

Oh, if you didn't notice, I don't have money for a gym. haha, I know Team Quest (Henderson, Couture, Lindland, etc) is within 15 minutes of here. but no cash.

Yeah, I dont know of anything out there. If you were closer to Utah then I could give you some info about some places. I know what you mean about the money situation. It sucks having a good gym so close to you and not be able to train there. Im right around the corner from Jeremy Horns gym Elite and soon as I have the time and money I want to go train there.:thumbsup:

SnakePit 03-20-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinceD
Yeah, I dont know of anything out there. If you were closer to Utah then I could give you some info about some places. I know what you mean about the money situation. It sucks having a good gym so close to you and not be able to train there. Im right around the corner from Jeremy Horns gym Elite and soon as I have the time and money I want to go train there.:thumbsup:

Exactly. It's seriously a bus ride away. Very hard to find a job here as well. Every store is losing profits, closing, or something along those lines.

I'm lucky I can even crash with my folks. ha. (I'm 18)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2