Originally Posted by IcemanCometh
Here we go my list:
10. Jean Claude Van Damme: The movie Bloodsport the reaction amazing. Introduced to me that there is a world of underground fighting that goes on.
9. Ken Shamrock: Made UFC and MMA popular. See WWF run and "feud" with Royce Gracie.
8. Royce Gracie: Introduced the world of BJJ to MMA and started the evolution of the sport from different types of martial arts to well rounded fighters.
7. Victor Belfort: As mentioned showed what a "well rounded" fighter could do, having striking, submission, ground game.
6. Evan Tanner: one of the first champions across different wieght classes.
5. Tito Ortiz: Was there for MMA starting to blow up and took it to the next level.
4. Dana White: Has become a great poster boy for the sport.
3. Sakakibara: Headed up PRIDE FC and we all know what Pride has done for us.
1&2. The Fertitta Brothers (Lorenzo and Frank III): Picked up UFC in 2001 and have pumped money into a dying organization to bring it back from the brink of extinction. As well as buying Pride FC forcing Zuffa and the MMA to go global.
In conclusion this list was a lot harder to make then I thought it would be.
vitor's ground and sub game aint that great and he only became champ by a fluke and tanner never became a champ at any weight other than middle and he never successfully defended it and lasty i dunno if you could really call dana white a poster boy...