Shinya Aoki meets champ Kotetsu Boku at 'ONE FC 8: Kings and Champions' - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,817
                     
Shinya Aoki meets champ Kotetsu Boku at 'ONE FC 8: Kings and Champions'

Quote:
Lightweight champion Kotetsu Boku (20-7-2) will face notable veteran Shinya Aoki (32-6) in April at "ONE FC 8: Kings and Champions," officials today announced.

The event and championship headliner takes place April 5 at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore.

No other fights have yet been announced for the event, which is expected to stream via online pay-per-view in North America.

Boku, a 12-year vet who's competed for organizations such as Shooto and DREAM, is on a 7-2 run since mid-2009. In his ONE FC debut back in October, the Japanese-born South Korean scored a third-round TKO victory over Zorobabel Moreira to claim the inaugural lightweight title. Boku was on a badly damaged left leg before he ended the fight with an overhand right.

On the same card, Aoki scored a quick and easy triangle-choke submission of Arnaud Lepont. It marked Aoki's promotional debut and helped ease the sting of a Bellator loss to Eddie Alvarez in his previous bout. Most recently, the former Shooto and DREAM champ scored a submission victory (due to strikes) over Antonio McKee at DREAM.18. It marked his ninth win in his past 10 fights.

For more on "ONE FC 8: Kings and Champions," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-and-champions

I am excited for this fight. I see Aoki displaying his improved striking, then dragging it to the ground the ground and subbing Boku



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Zoro should have beat Boku but he showed the heart of a warrior. But Aoki by first round sub.
OU is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,817
                     
I love ONE FC. I can't wait until some of their guys make their way to the UFC



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 PM
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 13,072
                     
I'm not sure how often that will happen because if they make enough money they might be able to pay more. If they make enough then the pay days maybe such that the ONE FC guys may not want to go the UFC. However, I've been wrong before so we'll see.

The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 AM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
I love ONE FC. I can't wait until some of their guys make their way to the UFC
Maybe its just me but I see few guys there that I think could compete at the UFC level and none with any chance of real success. There champs are lower mid tier UFC level good enough to keep employed but the kind of guy who wins one, loses one to mid level talent. I think a guy like Boku would at best be as successful as a guy like Sam Stout, win one lose one repeat.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 AM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
I'm not sure how often that will happen because if they make enough money they might be able to pay more. If they make enough then the pay days maybe such that the ONE FC guys may not want to go the UFC. However, I've been wrong before so we'll see.
I don't think it's about money really, it's a question of where they'll be more successful. Like Toxic just said, most of these guys aren't at a UFC level and the ones that are wouldn't be top talent. It loops back to the age old question, would you rather be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond? I know what I would pick.

Edit: not to mention of course that the thought of OneFC making enough money to pay their fighters more than the UFC is almost laughable, and that's coming from a huge One fan.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Maybe its just me but I see few guys there that I think could compete at the UFC level and none with any chance of real success. There champs are lower mid tier UFC level good enough to keep employed but the kind of guy who wins one, loses one to mid level talent. I think a guy like Boku would at best be as successful as a guy like Sam Stout, win one lose one repeat.
I think they have a few guys that could do well in the UFC. Guys like ERic Kelly, Roy Docyogen, Bae Young Kwon, Bibiano Fernandes, Eduard Folayang, Masakatsu Ueda, Shinya Aoki would all have good success in the UFC. Boku, Soo Chul Kim would all do okay.



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 4,505
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I don't think it's about money really, it's a question of where they'll be more successful. Like Toxic just said, most of these guys aren't at a UFC level and the ones that are wouldn't be top talent. It loops back to the age old question, would you rather be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond? I know what I would pick.

Edit: not to mention of course that the thought of OneFC making enough money to pay their fighters more than the UFC is almost laughable, and that's coming from a huge One fan.
Compared to UFC's good draws certainly not, but as long as they are lower/mid tier fighters (UFC level, but top OneFC level) they probably can match the pay. As they don't have US name value, the UFC won't pay them that much anyway, and those $4k+$4k(w) what the UFC pays their lower tier fighters without name value is something OneFC should be able to outmatch.
Voiceless is online now  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
I think they have a few guys that could do well in the UFC. Guys like ERic Kelly, Roy Docyogen, Bae Young Kwon, Bibiano Fernandes, Eduard Folayang, Masakatsu Ueda, Shinya Aoki would all have good success in the UFC. Boku, Soo Chul Kim would all do okay.
IMO Soo Chul Kim has a TON of potential. He is really, really improving and only 21 years old right now. He is a strong kid as well and I think he would do better vs most American wrestlers then many of the other Japanese imports.
I really think that kid has a bright future. Could be the best Japanese fighter in the world in 5 years.
Also I agree with you there are a couple guys that I think could work there way up to 10 fighters in the UFC. I don't see anyone right now that I think could challenge for a title but I see guys that could be above the middle tier for sure.
OU is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 4,505
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
IMO Soo Chul Kim has a TON of potential. He is really, really improving and only 21 years old right now. He is a strong kid as well and I think he would do better vs most American wrestlers then many of the other Japanese imports.
I really think that kid has a bright future. Could be the best Japanese fighter in the world in 5 years.
He's from South Korea not Japan as indicates already his name.
Voiceless is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome