Transgender fighter Fallon Fox's MMA license under review - Page 14 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,721
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I think it is unusual. Are you saying that such a person not be allowed to be an athlete?
I never said they couldn't be an athlete. I stated in my other post (last page or page before that), that if this person in question is tested by every single test required, and if he passes all of them and is proven 100% that he has the exact same physical capabilities as a woman (strength/flexability/speed/bone structure/muscle growth, things that could make someone have an advantage in a fight), then he should be allowed to fight.

I was simply pointing out that what Cowgirl said is factually wrong, the definition of woman/female is quite clear and having a surgery to remove your penis and injecting some hormones doesn't change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
The outdated dictionary definition does nothing to prove anything, as it is outdated.
So a definition that is accurate 99% of the time is outdated and wrong because a few people decide they are unhappy as a man or a woman by birth and so go through a surgery/inject some things that make them weaker/stronger than naturally born, but yet still do not meet the criteria of a man or a woman?

How silly is that?
M.C is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I never said they couldn't be an athlete. I stated in my other post (last page or page before that), that if this person in question is tested by every single test required, and if he passes all of them and is proven 100% that he has the exact same physical capabilities as a woman (strength/flexability/speed/bone structure/muscle growth, things that could make someone have an advantage in a fight), then he should be allowed to fight.
Why are you so resistant to using proper pronouns breh? It all loops back to what I've said the last few times, the commission licensed her as a female fighter, therefore, she has passed whatever tests were deemed necessary.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #133 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,630
Blog Entries: 13
                     
The commission have allowed her to fight to this point, if they continue to license her then thats fine. I don't see the issue.

As I earlier stated, the grey area surrounding this is huge, and will never fully clear.

I'm just sitting back and waiting to hear what the commissions have to say. No point getting heated over something we can't change or fully understand.

LizaG is offline  
post #134 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I never said they couldn't be an athlete. I stated in my other post (last page or page before that), that if this person in question is tested by every single test required, and if he passes all of them and is proven 100% that he has the exact same physical capabilities as a woman (strength/flexability/speed/bone structure/muscle growth, things that could make someone have an advantage in a fight), then he should be allowed to fight.
And what kind of test would this be? There is no way to measure this, as there are no rules on how strong and fast women fighting in MMA can be. It would all be speculation.


luckbox is offline  
post #135 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:41 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,721
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
Why are you so resistant to using proper pronouns breh? It all loops back to what I've said the last few times, the commission licensed her as a female fighter, therefore, she has passed whatever tests were deemed necessary.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
His application was submitted in Feb and has not been approved. More importantly, I never said she wouldn't be/can't be/whatever, I just said that if he is proven to be on the exact same levels physically women, then I don't see a problem with him being allows (assuming no other women have a problem fighting him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbox View Post
And what kind of test would this be?
I don't know, that's a big grey area, now isn't it? Should other women have to fight a man given such a grey area? That should be up to them. However, if doctors/medical officials state that he can fight women, then I have no reason to be upset about it, doctors would know this better than I.
M.C is offline  
post #136 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
His application was submitted in Feb and has not been approved. More importantly, I never said she wouldn't be/can't be/whatever, I just said that if he is proven to be on the exact same levels physically women, then I don't see a problem with him being allows (assuming no other women have a problem fighting him).
There you go again, using the wrong pronoun. She has been fighting just fine so far, 5 fights no issue. As long as the commission continues licensing her then it's all good, just like LizaG said.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #137 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,630
Blog Entries: 13
                     
the gender reassignment has been 6yrs ongoing, I think we can stop calling Fallon a 'he' now

commissions have been licensing her for 6 fights, surprised this only kicked off now.

LizaG is offline  
post #138 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,721
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
There you go again, using the wrong pronoun. She has been fighting just fine so far, 5 fights no issue. As long as the commission continues licensing her then it's all good, just like LizaG said.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
The wrong pronoun? Are you talking about calling a man a man?

As I've said a few times already, I was never against him fighting if doctors approve him so long as the women he fights agree to it.
M.C is offline  
post #139 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
The wrong pronoun? Are you talking about calling a man a man?

As I've said a few times already, I was never against him fighting if doctors approve him so long as the women he fights agree to it.
Your continuing use of the incorrect pronoun is offensive to what trans people have worked so hard for over the years, and is offensive to me by extension of that same logic. Fallon is a woman and should be referred to as such.

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #140 of 172 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,721
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
Your continuing use of the incorrect pronoun is offensive to what trans people have worked so hard for over the years, and is offensive to me by extension of that same logic. Fallon is a woman and should be referred to as such.
If you find it offensive I'm sorry, but it doesn't change anything. it's not my job to stifle what is reality and what is the actual definition of things just so it doesn't hurt your feelings. If you can't take it then I am sorry, but I'm not going to pretend reality isn't reality, and that a guy walking around with a removed penis and injections is a woman.

I'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful, I'm a pretty nice guy and most people here know it, but reality is reality, definitions are there for a reason, they define the words we use.

I have no issues with him wanting to be a woman, or with you wanting to be a woman, or with your choice to do whatever it is you want with your body, that's all on you and I'm glad you have an outlet to change such things, but I'm not going to stifle what is reality just cause it makes you feel uncomfortable.
M.C is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome