MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
-   -   Watching MMA Events Live (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/123050-watching-mma-events-live.html)

GlasgowKiss 03-18-2013 12:54 PM

Watching MMA Events Live
 
To cut a long story short......

One of my jobs is that I work for a production company that specializes in HD online streaming of sporting events. I have been given the green light to explore MMA and see if we can get involved in it. So, I have a few questions for all of you guys on here........

1. What MMA federations do you watch aside from UFC, Bellator, DREAM ?

2. When there are MMA events on, are you able to watch them live if you live in a country outside of where they are taking place ?

3. If the answer is no, would you have any interest in watching them ?

4. What federations outside of the very top tier do you enjoy ?


This line of questioning is more with Northern Hemisphere and European events in mind, but any form of feedback will be helpful, so if you have any to say on the current coverage of any MMA event, then please do share !

Thanks guys.

OU 03-18-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlasgowKiss (Post 1920322)
To cut a long story short......

One of my jobs is that I work for a production company that specializes in HD online streaming of sporting events. I have been given the green light to explore MMA and see if we can get involved in it. So, I have a few questions for all of you guys on here........

1. What MMA federations do you watch aside from UFC, Bellator, DREAM ?

2. When there are MMA events on, are you able to watch them live if you live in a country outside of where they are taking place ?

3. If the answer is no, would you have any interest in watching them ?

4. What federations outside of the very top tier do you enjoy ?


This line of questioning is more with Northern Hemisphere and European events in mind, but any form of feedback will be helpful, so if you have any to say on the current coverage of any MMA event, then please do share !

Thanks guys.

Well there are a few organizations that come on AXS TV formerly known at HDNet. You have RFA, MFC, XFC, Legacy FC and more that I'm forgetting. They have a great mix of vets and up and comers. Obviously MFC had guys like Ryan Jimmo and Douglas Lima. The next RFA show has younger UFC siblings Segio Pettis and Chidi Njokuani on it.
I also watch OneFC online LIVE stream and sometimes I watch Cage Warriors stream on mmajunkie.

GlasgowKiss 03-18-2013 01:17 PM

Thanks for the reply dude, very helpful.

Are the streams that you watch HD ?

Trying to fill in some gaps on my knowledge, all I've ever watched regularly is UFC ( since early 00s ), various UK events that have been put on Sky and downloading of various events after they have occurred

OU 03-18-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlasgowKiss (Post 1920402)
Thanks for the reply dude, very helpful.

Are the streams that you watch HD ?

Trying to fill in some gaps on my knowledge, all I've ever watched regularly is UFC ( since early 00s ), various UK events that have been put on Sky and downloading of various events after they have occurred

I think the OneFC events are in HD? They are good quality but I'm not sure if real HD or not. There is no separate price for HD or non HD. I stream the UFC Facebook fights in HD of course.
The Cage Warriors streams seem to be the same as OneFC quality, they are free on mmajunkie. There is one coming up fairly soon I can remind you about when it comes around so you can check it out.
All the shows on AXS TV(HD Net) I watch on my TV through my cable in HD but I know others that stream it, but I don't think it has an "official stream".
For awhile Super Fight League was streaming shows weekly on Youtube and I watched a few while at was at work.

GlasgowKiss 03-18-2013 01:47 PM

Again, thanks for the reply.

AXS TV is very interesting. US based, but producing and showing events from other countries such as BAMMA etc. It seems to have most of the suspects I was wanting to approach, fully covered - K-1, BAMMA etc etc.

I'd be interested to hear more peoples experiences with using AXS TV, what they like about the coverage, what they don't like about it etc etc

To be honest, MMA is surprisingly well covered. Probably because it is niche with a very strong loyal fanbase. However, its coverage looks very insular in a lot of ways - covered by companies doing mostly MMA or boxing, streams shown on MMA related websites etc etc

From what I can see so far, our company's main advantages would be cost effectivity and the fact that we cover a broad range of sports. Therefore, MMA would gain a footing amongst other global sports in terms of being visible alongside those sports that we have covered. This could generate a little extra interest from people, that MMA hasn't reached yet.

OU 03-18-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlasgowKiss (Post 1920562)
Again, thanks for the reply.

AXS TV is very interesting. US based, but producing and showing events from other countries such as BAMMA etc. It seems to have most of the suspects I was wanting to approach, fully covered - K-1, BAMMA etc etc.

I'd be interested to hear more peoples experiences with using AXS TV, what they like about the coverage, what they don't like about it etc etc

To be honest, MMA is surprisingly well covered. Probably because it is niche with a very strong loyal fanbase. However, its coverage looks very insular in a lot of ways - covered by companies doing mostly MMA or boxing, streams shown on MMA related websites etc etc

From what I can see so far, our company's main advantages would be cost effectivity and the fact that we cover a broad range of sports. Therefore, MMA would gain a footing amongst other global sports in terms of being visible alongside those sports that we have covered. This could generate a little extra interest from people, that MMA hasn't reached yet.

Yeah AXS TV had a LIVE Muay Thai show this weekend, it was called Lion Fight 9.

I have watched Tachi on both stream and it's also been on HDNet. I remember watching Creepy fight on stream.

OU 03-18-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OU (Post 1920618)
Yeah AXS TV had a LIVE Muay Thai show this weekend, it was called Lion Fight 9.

I have watched Tachi on both stream and it's also been on HDNet. I remember watching Creepy fight on stream.

AXS TV usually has The Voice and Bas as announcers which I like.

dammit I meant to edit not quote. My bad.

kantowrestler 03-19-2013 12:22 AM

I watched OneFC's inaugural event on Sherdog but since then they broadcast elsewhere, but I'm also going to start watching World Series of Fighting more. I'd also like to watch some KSW fights but I have no idea what they broadcast on. M-1 Global events would also be fun.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2