MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/forumindex.php)
- General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
- - M1 38 on 9th April to feature Title Fight, Heavyweight GP (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/123642-m1-38-9th-april-feature-title-fight-heavyweight-gp.html)
M1 38 on 9th April to feature Title Fight, Heavyweight GP
The M1 card in just over 2 weeks is looking awesome!
Features include a Middleweight Title fight between defending champion Ramazan Emeev (9-2) and UFC veteran Mario Miranda (14-5); the much anticipated MMA debut of 4X Sanda world champion Islam Makhachev; unbeaten fighters Murad Abdulaev (11-0), Pavel Vitruk (9-0) & Islam Makhachev (7-0).
On top of this, one of the highlights of the night will be the first round of the 2013 Heavyweight grand prix, featuring:
- Kenny Garner (12-3) - Defending M1 Heavyweight Champion, riding a 7 fight win streak including a couple of stoppage wins over the previously unbeaten Guram Gugenishvili
- Alexei Kudin (14-5) - Former pro kickboxer with 17-7 record in the sport, former WBKF World Champion, Bellator veteran, has won 13 of his last 15 fights
- Komstantin Gluhov (24-12) - Former pro kickboxer with 29-11 record, former WPKA World Champion, Finished 22 of his 24 wins
- Nikita Krylov (13-0) - Has finished all 13 fights in less than 3 minutes, youngest competing at 20 years old
- Denis Smoldarev (4-0) - The biggest heavyweight competing at 6'5" 260 pounds and second youngest at 22 years old, has drawn comparisons to Brock Lesnar
- Magomed Malikov (6-2) - Knocked out Alex Emelianenko in 23 seconds in 2010 & also holds TKO win over Alexey Oleinik
- Chaban Ka (5-1) - Drew with Jeff Monson in 2012, coming off a win over Haris Reiz (8-1)
- Ibragim Ibragimov (4-1) - Finished each of his wins in the first round, knocked out 'baby Fedor' Kiril Sidelnikov in his debut
The full card is below:
Ramazan Emeev (9-2) vs. Mario Miranda (14-5) - Middleweight Title
Kenny Garner (12-3) vs. Konstantin Gluhov (24-12) - Heavyweight GP Quarter Final
Alexei Kudin (14-5) vs. Chaban Ka (5-1) - Heavyweight GP Quarter Final
Nikita Krylov (13-0) vs. Magomed Malikov (6-2) - Heavyweight GP Quarter Final
Denis Smoldarev (4-0) vs. Ibragim Ibragimov (4-1) - Heavyweight GP Quarter Final
Murad Abdulaev (11-0) vs. Alexander Yakovlev (18-4)
Pavel Vitruk (9-0) vs. Will Chope (15-5)
Mansour Barnoui (8-1) vs. Islam Makhachev (7-0)
Deyan Topalski (8-1) vs. Muslim Salikhov (0-0)
Alexey Prokofiev (12-4) vs. Gregory Babene (15-10)
Christian Eckerlin (7-3) vs. Rasul Abdulaev (1-0)
On a side note, this is the same week as UFC on FUEL 9, Bellator 95, ONE FC & Invicta... What a weekend of MMA in a couple of weeks!
Nice fight card on my birthday. Too bad I won't be able to see it.
Jeff Monson tore his pectoral muscle and is out the rest of the year. Nikita Krlov (13-0) replaces him.
And who is that guy?
20 year old Ukranian heavyweight, won all 13 fights in under 3 minutes, but not fought any decent competition.
Well I guess this is his chance to either challenge himself.
Anyone hear about the weigh ins?
Nah but hearing the cards been shaken up a bit due to injuries.
Smoldarev-Ibragimov has been cancelled due to injuries, and Malikov has pulled out with injury too and been replaced by Gabriel Tampu (5-0).
So as far as i'm aware, there are just 3 of the quarters happening today..
Kenny Garner (12-3) vs. Konstantin Gluhov (24-12)
Alexei Kudin (14-5) vs. Chaban Ka (5-1)
Nikita Krylov (13-0) vs. Gabriel Tampu (5-0)
So what'll be the final quarterfinal and when?
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 , Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.