MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
-   -   Melvin Manhoef vs. Mamed Khalidov headlines KSW 23 on June 8th (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/129378-melvin-manhoef-vs-mamed-khalidov-headlines-ksw-23-june-8th.html)

OU 05-10-2013 10:00 AM

Melvin Manhoef vs. Mamed Khalidov headlines KSW 23 on June 8th
 
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/9/...sw-23-mma-news
Quote:

A potential for middleweight fireworks is scheduled for June 8th at KSW 23 in Gdansk, Poland. The online PPV broadcast will be headlined by Melvin Manhoef and Mamed Khalidov, and co-headlined by the well traveled TBA against Mariusz Podzianowski. Sherdog has the news:

Mamed Khalidov and Melvin Manhoef are once again slated to compete under Poland’s KSW banner.

The middleweights will headline KSW 23, which takes place June 8 at Ergo Arena in Gdansk, Poland.

Khalidov (26-4-2) has won his last 6 fights, all against former UFC fighters, including submission wins over Kendall Grove, Matt Lindland, and Jesse Taylor, as well as a KO over Rodney Wallace.

Manhoef (27-10-1) is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Brock Larson at ONE FC 8 in Singapore last April. The Dutch striker previously won 3 fights in a row, including a TKO stoppage over Denis Kang.

If this matchup sounds familiar ... it's because they've tried making this before. Manhoef and Khalidov were scheduled to fight at KSW 21 but Manhoef was forced off the card with an injury.

El Bresko 05-10-2013 10:29 AM

Khalidov should out MMA Manhoef quite easily.

OU 05-10-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bresko (Post 2046626)
Khalidov should out MMA Manhoef quite easily.

He should exploit Melvin's glaring weakness I agree. But it's always dangerous getting him down, no matter who you are. With Melvin it really only takes 1 punch to change everything. The man could drop a Rhino.

CupCake 05-10-2013 10:58 AM

As predictable an outcome as we're likely ever going to see.

OU 05-10-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar-Free_LizaG (Post 2046666)
As predictable an outcome as we're likely ever going to see.

1st round finish. 95% chance it's a sub. 5% chance Melvin kills him.

kantowrestler 05-12-2013 11:16 PM

Is this the first time they're doing an online PPV or have they done that before?

Magog 05-14-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OU (Post 2046642)
He should exploit Melvin's glaring weakness I agree. But it's always dangerous getting him down, no matter who you are. With Melvin it really only takes 1 punch to change everything. The man could drop a Rhino.

God not this again.

been putting up with this argument from tank abbot,
to phil baroni,
etc,etc
"oh he has the best hands ever!"

(forgot Yvel back in the day).

and when someone finally puts the over hyped can on his ass with pure stand up (see robbie lawler)

it's like he did something special.

Canadian Psycho 05-14-2013 04:49 PM

I'm always happy to see Mamed fight, but he needs to get his arse to the big leagues.

Toxic 05-14-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho (Post 2053506)
I'm always happy to see Mamed fight, but he needs to get his arse to the big leagues.

Really you think so? I think he is barely good enough to keep his job should he ever make the UFC. I doubt the guy would be a gatekeeper.

Manhoef could easily kill him standing but Melvin lacks the skills to keep an MMA fighter there.

CupCake 05-14-2013 08:26 PM

Isn't Khalidov the guy who got offered a UFC contract and turned it down as it turned it he wouldn't be getting paid all that much more?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2