Melvin Manhoef vs. Mamed Khalidov headlines KSW 23 on June 8th - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,068
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Melvin Manhoef vs. Mamed Khalidov headlines KSW 23 on June 8th

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/9/...sw-23-mma-news
Quote:
A potential for middleweight fireworks is scheduled for June 8th at KSW 23 in Gdansk, Poland. The online PPV broadcast will be headlined by Melvin Manhoef and Mamed Khalidov, and co-headlined by the well traveled TBA against Mariusz Podzianowski. Sherdog has the news:

Mamed Khalidov and Melvin Manhoef are once again slated to compete under Poland’s KSW banner.

The middleweights will headline KSW 23, which takes place June 8 at Ergo Arena in Gdansk, Poland.

Khalidov (26-4-2) has won his last 6 fights, all against former UFC fighters, including submission wins over Kendall Grove, Matt Lindland, and Jesse Taylor, as well as a KO over Rodney Wallace.

Manhoef (27-10-1) is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Brock Larson at ONE FC 8 in Singapore last April. The Dutch striker previously won 3 fights in a row, including a TKO stoppage over Denis Kang.

If this matchup sounds familiar ... it's because they've tried making this before. Manhoef and Khalidov were scheduled to fight at KSW 21 but Manhoef was forced off the card with an injury.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Khalidov should out MMA Manhoef quite easily.
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,068
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
Khalidov should out MMA Manhoef quite easily.
He should exploit Melvin's glaring weakness I agree. But it's always dangerous getting him down, no matter who you are. With Melvin it really only takes 1 punch to change everything. The man could drop a Rhino.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
-Team Tate-

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,204
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
As predictable an outcome as we're likely ever going to see.
__________________


VIPFFL: Miesha Tate//Ronda Rousey//Mike Pyle//Ian McCall//Rick Hawn
CupCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,068
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Free_LizaG View Post
As predictable an outcome as we're likely ever going to see.
1st round finish. 95% chance it's a sub. 5% chance Melvin kills him.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Title Guy
 
kantowrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 11,155
kantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By Allkantowrestler Is Beloved By All
Is this the first time they're doing an online PPV or have they done that before?
__________________
The Emoticon Guy
kantowrestler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 173
Magog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enoughMagog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
He should exploit Melvin's glaring weakness I agree. But it's always dangerous getting him down, no matter who you are. With Melvin it really only takes 1 punch to change everything. The man could drop a Rhino.
God not this again.

been putting up with this argument from tank abbot,
to phil baroni,
etc,etc
"oh he has the best hands ever!"

(forgot Yvel back in the day).

and when someone finally puts the over hyped can on his ass with pure stand up (see robbie lawler)

it's like he did something special.
Magog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,327
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
I'm always happy to see Mamed fight, but he needs to get his arse to the big leagues.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,028
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I'm always happy to see Mamed fight, but he needs to get his arse to the big leagues.
Really you think so? I think he is barely good enough to keep his job should he ever make the UFC. I doubt the guy would be a gatekeeper.

Manhoef could easily kill him standing but Melvin lacks the skills to keep an MMA fighter there.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
-Team Tate-

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,204
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
Isn't Khalidov the guy who got offered a UFC contract and turned it down as it turned it he wouldn't be getting paid all that much more?
__________________


VIPFFL: Miesha Tate//Ronda Rousey//Mike Pyle//Ian McCall//Rick Hawn
CupCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios