Question about ufc vs. pride in november - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18
 
Question about ufc vs. pride in november

I was thinking that since, it is being held in Las Vegas under UFC rules and there will be UFC referee's and UFC judges...........Do you think this will play any factor in the outcome of some bouts? I mean do youthink that the refs could make calls in favor of the ufc fighters and the judges could score in favor of the ufc fighters????????
Oh and here is my "dream" fight card for UFC vs. PRIDE
FIRST AND FOREMOST I would like to say that this card is very unrealistic, there is way to many stars on one card and the is way to many fights. but if you guys had to pick winners who would it be???? who would come out on top? Pride or UFC?

PRIDE FIGHTERS/UFC FIGHTERS
Wanderlei Silva VS. Chuck Liddell
Fedor Emelianenko VS. Tim Sylvia
Mirko Filipovic VS. Andrei Arlovski
Dan Henderson VS. Rich Franklin
Kazushi Sakuraba VS. Georges St. Pierre
Takanori Gomi VS. Anderson Silva
Kevin Randlemen VS. Tito Oritz
Josh barnett VS. Jeff Monson
Alekander Emelianenko VS. Frank Mir
Semmy Schilt VS. Wes Sims
antonio rogerio nogueira VS. Brandon Vera
Heath Herring VS. Maricio Cruz
Hidehiko Yoshida VS. Karo Parisyan
Sergei Kharitonov VS. Paul Buentello
Hidehiko Yoshida VS. BJ Penn
Gilbert Yvel VS. David Loiseau
Vitor Belfort VS. Michael Bisping
Mark Hunt VS. Brandon Lee Hinkle
natboki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18
 
in my opinion, i would have to say...........
going down the list
Wanderlei would beat Chuck, Fedor would smash Sylvia, Mirko would beat Andrei, Rich would beat Dan, Georges would beat Kazushi, Andersoon would beat Gomi, Tito would beat Randlemen, Barnett would beat Monson, Aleksander would beat Mir, Schilt would beat Sims, Vera would upset Nogueira, Maricio would upset Heath, Hidehiko would beat Karo, Sergei would smash Buentello, oooops i put two Hidehiko Yoshidas (who cares), BJ would beat Hidehiko, Loiseau would beat Yvel, Bisping would beat Belfort, and last Mark Hunt would smash Lee Hinkle
so that makes it PRIDE with 9 wins i think and UFC with 9, damn i didnt plan that
natboki is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 09:06 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by natboki
I was thinking that since, it is being held in Las Vegas under UFC rules and there will be UFC referee's and UFC judges...........Do you think this will play any factor in the outcome of some bouts? I mean do youthink that the refs could make calls in favor of the ufc fighters and the judges could score in favor of the ufc fighters????????
Oh and here is my "dream" fight card for UFC vs. PRIDE
FIRST AND FOREMOST I would like to say that this card is very unrealistic, there is way to many stars on one card and the is way to many fights. but if you guys had to pick winners who would it be???? who would come out on top? Pride or UFC?

PRIDE FIGHTERS/UFC FIGHTERS
Wanderlei Silva VS. Chuck Liddell
Fedor Emelianenko VS. Tim Sylvia
Mirko Filipovic VS. Andrei Arlovski
Dan Henderson VS. Rich Franklin
Kazushi Sakuraba VS. Georges St. Pierre
Takanori Gomi VS. Anderson Silva
Kevin Randlemen VS. Tito Oritz
Josh barnett VS. Jeff Monson
Alekander Emelianenko VS. Frank Mir
Semmy Schilt VS. Wes Sims
antonio rogerio nogueira VS. Brandon Vera
Heath Herring VS. Maricio Cruz
Hidehiko Yoshida VS. Karo Parisyan
Sergei Kharitonov VS. Paul Buentello
Hidehiko Yoshida VS. BJ Penn
Gilbert Yvel VS. David Loiseau
Vitor Belfort VS. Michael Bisping
Mark Hunt VS. Brandon Lee Hinkle
From what I've seen with UFC Referees, I cannot envision people like Big Joe playing favorites. UFC Judges on the other hand are a different story. They can make the worst decisons in the world without any explanation. Whether they are playing favorites or not is unclear. So I think Silva will be okay with the Ref but he should try to keep the fight out of the Judges hands.
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 01:02 AM
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,495
Blog Entries: 4
                     
I don't think the referees would be unfair. As for the judges, that's another story, we've seen them make decisions that weren't true or accurate.


Kameleon is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Flyweight
 
theboz19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 295
                 
As usual..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon
I don't think the referees would be unfair. As for the judges, that's another story, we've seen them make decisions that weren't true or accurate.
...you are correct Kameleon. The judges are boxing judges aren't they? Any UFC fighter is stupid to try to "not get KO'd or submitted" and allow the fight to go to the judges. I haven't seen a blatant horrible decision but I have disagreed (Tito/Griffin). The fighters need to try to put their opponents out.

On a side note, I have a great idea. The UFC and Pride form an alliance. The UFC would represent the Western hemisphere and Pride would represent the Eastern hemisphere. Nothing would be different except for once a year the UFC champions would face the Pride champions on a single card in more of a "team" competition. This would be the "Super Bowl" of MMA. Let's call it the "Super Brawl". One year it would be held in the West under UFC rules and the next year it would be held in the East with Pride rules.

THEBOZ

"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
theboz19 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Flyweight
 
theboz19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 295
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by natboki
I was thinking that since, it is being held in Las Vegas under UFC rules and there will be UFC referee's and UFC judges...........Do you think this will play any factor in the outcome of some bouts? I mean do youthink that the refs could make calls in favor of the ufc fighters and the judges could score in favor of the ufc fighters????????
Oh and here is my "dream" fight card for UFC vs. PRIDE
FIRST AND FOREMOST I would like to say that this card is very unrealistic, there is way to many stars on one card and the is way to many fights. but if you guys had to pick winners who would it be???? who would come out on top? Pride or UFC?

PRIDE FIGHTERS/UFC FIGHTERS
Wanderlei Silva VS. Chuck Liddell
Fedor Emelianenko VS. Tim Sylvia
Mirko Filipovic VS. Andrei Arlovski
Dan Henderson VS. Rich Franklin
Kazushi Sakuraba VS. Georges St. Pierre
Takanori Gomi VS. Anderson Silva
Kevin Randlemen VS. Tito Oritz
Josh barnett VS. Jeff Monson
Alekander Emelianenko VS. Frank Mir
Semmy Schilt VS. Wes Sims
antonio rogerio nogueira VS. Brandon Vera
Heath Herring VS. Maricio Cruz
Hidehiko Yoshida VS. Karo Parisyan
Sergei Kharitonov VS. Paul Buentello
Hidehiko Yoshida VS. BJ Penn
Gilbert Yvel VS. David Loiseau
Vitor Belfort VS. Michael Bisping
Mark Hunt VS. Brandon Lee Hinkle
The UFC fighters would have an advantage just by being familiar with using the cage and the cage dimensions. Remember that in Pride if you get tangled in the ropes they will restart the fight in the middle. In UFC when your head is up against that cage and the other guy is smashing your head in you are just out of luck.

THEBOZ

"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
theboz19 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 379
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz19
...you are correct Kameleon. The judges are boxing judges aren't they? Any UFC fighter is stupid to try to "not get KO'd or submitted" and allow the fight to go to the judges. I haven't seen a blatant horrible decision but I have disagreed (Tito/Griffin). The fighters need to try to put their opponents out.

On a side note, I have a great idea. The UFC and Pride form an alliance. The UFC would represent the Western hemisphere and Pride would represent the Eastern hemisphere. Nothing would be different except for once a year the UFC champions would face the Pride champions on a single card in more of a "team" competition. This would be the "Super Bowl" of MMA. Let's call it the "Super Brawl". One year it would be held in the West under UFC rules and the next year it would be held in the East with Pride rules.
That would be AMAZING.
kyle1 is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Bantamweight
 
Steve-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 612
Blog Entries: 3
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426
From what I've seen with UFC Referees, I cannot envision people like Big Joe playing favorites. UFC Judges on the other hand are a different story. They can make the worst decisons in the world without any explanation. Whether they are playing favorites or not is unclear. So I think Silva will be okay with the Ref but he should try to keep the fight out of the Judges hands.
which referess is big joe?

you mean big john mccarthy!

Steve-d
www.steved-mma.com // My Training Blog!


Steve-d is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 05:04 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 91
 
I would love to see the Team kind of set up with pride and ufc. I know that there is a team org. doing some stuff now, but am not sure who. Renzo Gracie and his team is facing off against Pat Militech. I live in Iowa so I am a homer in this case cause I think Militech will dominate.
Hawkdomination is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 08:01 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-d
which referess is big joe?

you mean big john mccarthy!
That's what I meant. Thanks.
Bonnar426 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome