Best Pride match ever? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
shamrock vs fujita was a good fight too..shamrock looked real good in that fight, best ive ever seen him




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 05:52 PM
LHW Champ
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 781
   
He outclassed El Guapo Bas Rutten bigtime in Pancrase in the kneebar fight, that was a nice one not a Pride fight but still,Goin after MMA freaks post
Evil is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Amatuer
 
Easye1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lothian, MD
Posts: 184
 
I would have to go with either....

Pride 26 Kazuyuki Fujita ROCKS Fedor with a solid blow that leaves him dancing...then lands a few more all while Fedor is trying to find and move his feet. He wisely and barely gets to tie up. and is able to recover then take the victory via NASTY rear naked choke...in deep!! Stands in victory with his eye all bloody! It was a great battle...short but one of my favs.

OR Kevin Randleman and Fedor....TEXTBOOK ARMBAR!!!! I love a great armbar finish

OR either of the times Shamrock beat Bas Rutten. I heard him say prior to his first fight with him..."I know Ken is good at leg locks so we trained how to escape and how to avoid...." Then before their next fight saying "he caught me last time...but this time will be different I know what hes got" And yet SHAMROCK GOT YA :P
But those are Pancrase and not Pride I know....

www.mmaworld.org

Last edited by Easye1982; 09-03-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Easye1982 is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Amatuer
 
Easye1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lothian, MD
Posts: 184
 
I know that....I edited my post to add that way b4 you said that I still love a good submission victory. And I was only piggybacking the previous posts about those fights...adding my 2 cents

www.mmaworld.org
Easye1982 is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 12:34 AM
canadian champ
 
moldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,522
                     
I'd say randleman fedor has to be up there because of that crazy slam. But the wand vs. rampage where amazing. Or the frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama. They just stood there and threw punches.
moldy is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Amatuer
 
Easye1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lothian, MD
Posts: 184
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy
I'd say randleman fedor has to be up there because of that crazy slam.
The slam was nice....but he completly gassed out from it. After the slam all he did was hold Fedor and eat 5-6 blows to the side of his head. Then could barely do anything more while he got the Kamura defeat. Then before he stood up he was breathing way too heavily.....IT was a forking awsome suplex though!!!

www.mmaworld.org
Easye1982 is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,495
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easye1982
I would have to go with either....

Pride 26 Kazuyuki Fujita ROCKS Fedor with a solid blow that leaves him dancing...then lands a few more all while Fedor is trying to find and move his feet. He wisely and barely gets to tie up. and is able to recover then take the victory via NASTY rear naked choke...in deep!! Stands in victory with his eye all bloody! It was a great battle...short but one of my favs.

OR Kevin Randleman and Fedor....TEXTBOOK ARMBAR!!!! I love a great armbar finish

OR either of the times Shamrock beat Bas Rutten. I heard him say prior to his first fight with him..."I know Ken is good at leg locks so we trained how to escape and how to avoid...." Then before their next fight saying "he caught me last time...but this time will be different I know what hes got" And yet SHAMROCK GOT YA :P
But those are Pancrase and not Pride I know....
That was a Kimura not an armbar, textbook non the less.


Kameleon is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Amatuer
 
Easye1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lothian, MD
Posts: 184
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon
That was a Kimura not an armbar, textbook non the less.

LMAO dont I feel like an a$$ ...that fight was a kimura. Your right!

>.<

My mistake was in the name.... I ment to say Fedor and Mark Colman. He took a few punches and then trap/spin/lean ARMBAR!!

I <3 ARMBARS!!!!

www.mmaworld.org
Easye1982 is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:52 PM
i've earned my stripes
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,989
                     
Well, to get back no topic with the thread title...

I'd have to say one of, if not my favorite PrideFC match in recent history was:

Wanderlei Silva
vs.
Mark Hunt

i'm a monster
i'm a maven
i know this world is changin'
never gave in
never gave up
i'm the only thing i'm afraid of
T.B. is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,495
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easye1982
LMAO dont I feel like an a$$ ...that fight was a kimura. Your right!

>.<

My mistake was in the name.... I ment to say Fedor and Mark Colman. He took a few punches and then trap/spin/lean ARMBAR!!

I <3 ARMBARS!!!!
Yeah that is a textbook armbar!


Kameleon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome