Antonio Silva = #1 Heavyweight in the world? - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 12-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
Damone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like Tuna
Keep in mind that he's still new to the game.
__________________
Damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Great posts wukkadb.

I'm sick of reading posts about Fedor "ducking" people, how about getting both sides of the story before jumping the gun. We'll see Fedor and Silva soon, as I'm sure M-1 will have no problem putting some kind of deal together with EliteXC.

It seems as though this forum goes through nuthugging to hating spells on fighters, looks like its Fedor's turn this week apparently.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #53 (permalink)
GMW
International Stalker
 
GMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,203
Blog Entries: 2
GMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all View Post
It seems as though this forum goes through nuthugging to hating spells on fighters, looks like its Fedor's turn this week apparently.
I haven't seen anyone hating on him, unless thinking someone is better then him is hating?
__________________

Credit to ThaMuffinMan
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
Antonio Silva has natural talent. He is skilled at BJJ, and has strong stand up. He is has more natural talent then anyone in the HW divison. BJ Penn is talented just like Antonio is. BJ just has far better techinique.
I'm sorry man, but a lot of what you're saying just comes from your own opinion. Just because you say he "has more natural talent than anyone in the HW division" doesn't make it so. You can't measure natural talent, all you can really grasp about a fighter's ability is by watching him compete.

If you're going to assert that Silva is the most talented HW in the world by beating absolute cans, then you're way off-base. Watching him dominate guys without anything going well for them (ground-wise and standing-wise) is not a good indicator of how he'd fare against someone like Fedor who is the total package.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW View Post
I haven't seen anyone hating on him, unless thinking someone is better then him is hating?
Not so much hating, but dogging on him. "Fedor ducked so and so!" with very little proof aside from a single perspective. It's just insulting to him as an athlete IMO.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #56 (permalink)
GMW
International Stalker
 
GMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,203
Blog Entries: 2
GMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all View Post
Not so much hating, but dogging on him. "Fedor ducked so and so!" with very little proof aside from a single perspective. It's just insulting to him as an athlete IMO.
well, ok then, I can accept that.
__________________

Credit to ThaMuffinMan
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #57 (permalink)
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
Damone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like Tuna
I'm not dogging on anyone. You just can't grasp the fact that your hero is avoiding actually talented HW's like the plague. It's fine, he wants a paycheck, but don't be all butthurt when your hero isn't ranked number 1 anymore.

It's not dogging, it's you being blind to the facts.
__________________
Damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
bbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By Allbbjd7 Is Beloved By All
It is based on my opinion that Antonio Silva is the most talented HW. Talent isn't mesurable it is basically an opinion. So I don't now why you are getting so upset. Fedor is right now still the #1 HW in the world. I'm just saying that Antonio Silva has the talent to beat him.
bbjd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
I'm not dogging on anyone. You just can't grasp the fact that your hero is avoiding actually talented HW's like the plague. It's fine, he wants a paycheck, but don't be all butthurt when your hero isn't ranked number 1 anymore.

It's not dogging, it's you being blind to the facts.
Once again, Damone labeling someone blind for merely disagreeing with him.

I'm not the one blindly claiming that Fedor is ducking anyone. Honestly, where is your evidence? You're getting one side of the story and you stick with it, because that's all you know. To quote the great Chuck Schuldiner, "Without judgement, perception would increase a million times".

You've already made your mind up on the issue and are failing to acknowledge the other variables in the equation.

Fedor is a proven champion, he's already achieved more than Silva. This is really the only fact present in this topic, fuelled by Antonio Silva bandwagoners such as yourself.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
It is based on my opinion that Antonio Silva is the most talented HW. Talent isn't mesurable it is basically an opinion. So I don't now why you are getting so upset. Fedor is right now still the #1 HW in the world. I'm just saying that Antonio Silva has the talent to beat him.
I'm not getting upset, where am I yelling? Where am I calling anyone names? If anyone needs to calm down, it's Damone. Calling someone "blind" or a "fanboy" because they disagree with you, only signifies a weakness in argument.

I'm sorry if I've come across the wrong way in this topic, but I'm simply stating that I'll have to see Antonio Silva fight a legit HW before I deem him a serious threat to Fedor.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios