Fedor Offered Primetime by ProElite - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
The Samurai Files
 
Grabaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 559
                     
Fedor Offered Primetime by ProElite

http://www.nokaut.com/?id=12&solo_ne...lang=e&cur=eur

Quote:
Emelianenko Offered Primetime by ProElite [Mar 25, 2008]
By Chad Edward

A reliable source has confirmed ProElite, Inc. has offered Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko (27-1) a four-fight, 18-month contract.

A request for confirmation or comment from Jeremy Lappen, ProElite Head of Fight Operations, has been ignored.

The contract calls for Emelianenko's first two fights in the promotion to broadcast on American television network CBS as a part of the recently inked deal between ProElite and the TV giant.

The final two fights would air on pay-per-view and share proceeds with Emelianenko.

Emelianenko is currently partnered with M-1 Global, an MMA promotion formed solely to stage his fights.

However, ESPN: The Magazine reported on 6 March that Emelianenko and M-1 Global would "divorce". Sherdog.com followed-up on 18 March reporting that Emelianenko was in fact never under contract to M-1 Global.

M-1 Global Vice President Brian Patton denies Sherdog's report.

"I have seen the contract and watched it being signed by all parties," Patton confirmed on 19 March.

ProElite's offer supports Patton's claim, requiring Emelianenko to be announced in ProElite fights as "M-1 Global's Fedor Emelianenko".

Emelianenko is reportedly also being courted by the UFC. It's likely other MMA promotions have shown interest as well.

There's no indication whether or not Emelianenko will accept ProElite's offer.
Grabaka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:57 AM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Interesting article, thanks!
Fedor>all is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Flyweight
 
Manx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: WVA
Posts: 438
                     
Sounds like a win-win situation for both parties, if the money thing can be agreed upon...
EliteXC gets a goldmine with the most sought-after fighter of all time and Fedor gets mad exposure on CBS and his stock raises even more after he becomes such a household name that even your grandmother recognizes him...
I would like to see this deal happen not for the benefit of either Fedor or EliteXC, but for the sport of MMA itself...

Extreme Bias For:
Heath Herring-Josh Barnett-Roxy Modafferi-Kazushi Sakurauba-Murrillo Bustamante-Tatsuya Kawajiri-Megumi Fujii-Dan Henderson-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria-Kazuyuki Fujita-Hideki Kadowaki
Manx is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Middleweight
 
SuzukS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,590
           
Eh, I was hoping he'd go to DREAM or even the UFC. It'll be a bit of a waste if he goes to ProElite since he deserves to be fighting in the top promotions..

SuzukS is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Flyweight
 
Nick_Lynch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 259
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Sounds like a win-win situation for both parties, if the money thing can be agreed upon...
EliteXC gets a goldmine with the most sought-after fighter of all time and Fedor gets mad exposure on CBS and his stock raises even more after he becomes such a household name that even your grandmother recognizes him...
I would like to see this deal happen not for the benefit of either Fedor or EliteXC, but for the sport of MMA itself...
Same here, I also want Fedor to sign with a company and start fighting alredy.

I hope they set him up with a strong opponent
Nick_Lynch is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 12:46 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quick some one name 4 Elite XC HW you want to see Fedor fight.....Thought so, and there is the real problem, Big Foot Silva is slightly intriguing, I guarantee some of you threw out Kimbo either because you want to see him destroyed, you've lost you mind and think he can win or because he was the only Elite XC heavyweight you can name.

I'd also like to point out that just becaus Elite XC offered him a contract doesnt mean he will accept it, I mean I could offer Fedor a contract to come to my birthday party and fight the neighbour but it wouldnt happen,




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Flyweight
 
Manx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: WVA
Posts: 438
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Quick some one name 4 Elite XC HW you want to see Fedor fight.....Thought so, and there is the real problem, Big Foot Silva is slightly intriguing, I guarantee some of you threw out Kimbo either because you want to see him destroyed, you've lost you mind and think he can win or because he was the only Elite XC heavyweight you can name.

I'd also like to point out that just becaus Elite XC offered him a contract doesnt mean he will accept it, I mean I could offer Fedor a contract to come to my birthday party and fight the neighbour but it wouldnt happen,
A fight against a Big Foot is more than slightly intriging!

But, I see where you are coming from. Should EliteXC be the one who lands him, then they definitely will need to grab some worthy HW's from somewhere to make their snatch worth it for the fans...

Extreme Bias For:
Heath Herring-Josh Barnett-Roxy Modafferi-Kazushi Sakurauba-Murrillo Bustamante-Tatsuya Kawajiri-Megumi Fujii-Dan Henderson-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria-Kazuyuki Fujita-Hideki Kadowaki
Manx is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Lightweight
 
DropKick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,578
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Should EliteXC be the one who lands him, then they definitely will need to grab some worthy HW's from somewhere to make their snatch worth it for the fans...

I don't think they really care about him fighting quality fighters. They are relying on the fact that he is Fedor and well, people will watch him regardless of who he is fighting. They will put his first 2 fights on for free, promote the crap out of him as the best fighter in the world for fans that aren't familiar and then cash in on the PPV's. We will get to see him dismantle 2 cans for free and then possibly a showdown with Kimbo on PPV because there isn't anyone there for him to fight. Awesome.
DropKick is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:30 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
A fight against a Big Foot is more than slightly intriging!
IMO anyways despite the fact that Big Foot is a much more credible fighter than Fedor has fought recently it still is only slightly intriguing Big Foot has tons of potential but just hasn't ever impressed me especially in his last fight where he was far from proving he is a top HW.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Flyweight
 
Manx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: WVA
Posts: 438
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
I don't think they really care about him fighting quality fighters. They are relying on the fact that he is Fedor and well, people will watch him regardless of who he is fighting. They will put his first 2 fights on for free, promote the crap out of him as the best fighter in the world for fans that aren't familiar and then cash in on the PPV's. We will get to see him dismantle 2 cans for free and then possibly a showdown with Kimbo on PPV because there isn't anyone there for him to fight. Awesome.
Man, if what you are saying turns out to be the truth, then that is just...sad...
I can look the other way if they want to give him a b-level guy to build him up a little in his first fight there, but after that they need to take care of us hardcore fans that have been waiting around for a while t see him fight some legit threats...
If they would dare put their posterboy Kimbo against Fedor, then, yeah, that's understandably PPV stuff, but if I don't get one worthwhile fight for free from Fedor, then I'm not buying the PPV's out of spite...not that my mini-boycott would matter, but, anyways...!

Extreme Bias For:
Heath Herring-Josh Barnett-Roxy Modafferi-Kazushi Sakurauba-Murrillo Bustamante-Tatsuya Kawajiri-Megumi Fujii-Dan Henderson-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria-Kazuyuki Fujita-Hideki Kadowaki
Manx is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome