Kimbo = overrated - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 04-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 262
Foose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud of
Kimbo is definately over-hyped. You can't really blame Elite for hyping him the way they do either. It's just business. They will keep feeding him cans while he is training and actually improving. It will be a long while before he fights what real fight fans consider tough competition. In the mean time, he will keep knocking "chumps" out to keep the kimbo nh'ers going.
Foose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
dombrow3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 205
dombrow3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have buddies who have been watching MMA longer than me. And they think Kimbo is the next best thing. I disagree with them. He has not beat anyone and that Bo Cantrell fight was such a dive. I wish they would give him big foot Silva!
dombrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 9,793
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Hold on now........KIMBO is overrated? You mean to tell me that he really doesn't shoot lightning out of his eyes and eat kids for breakfast?
_RIVAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dombrow3 View Post
I have buddies who have been watching MMA longer than me. And they think Kimbo is the next best thing. I disagree with them. He has not beat anyone and that Bo Cantrell fight was such a dive. I wish they would give him big foot Silva!
Well then your buddies are retarded.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Pyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 1,299
Pyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I want him to fight Big Foot too, that should shut up all the bandwagoners saying Kimbo can beat Lidell, Fedor, etc.
Pyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cheesy Poofs
 
stitch1z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,588
stitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crosses
I don't even think they need to waste Big Foot's time by getting into the ring with him. I think Brett Rogers would woop that a$$ with ease.
__________________



Don Frye's Mustache > Kimbo's Beard
stitch1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Photobucket
 
N1™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangbus
Posts: 4,568
N1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF MaterialN1™ Is Future HOF Material
we cant really say till he gets his first loss...although i think he goes in the same category as h.alexander and lesnar
__________________

N1™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Overated? Maybe slightly but hes really more overhyped than anything. Theres no doubt hes a known brawler on the street. But now hes training in mma. I dont think hes a dangerous heavy weight yet, but he shows a great deal of potential.

I know as well as kimbo does the advantage of training in boxing and fighting guys well below my skill level and my level of fitness (strength, speed, cardio etc). To be blunt im not a fighter, im a guy who has experience in boxing/kick-boxing and Im fit. Against a real fighter, someone who fights for money I would be utterly crushed. So I fight guys I have a strong advantage over. Generally my size, strength and reach (81inches). In the same way that I look a lot better than I really am, kimbo also does.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 9,793
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
Overated? Maybe slightly but hes really more overhyped than anything. Theres no doubt hes a known brawler on the street. But now hes training in mma. I dont think hes a dangerous heavy weight yet, but he shows a great deal of potential.

I know as well as kimbo does the advantage of training in boxing and fighting guys well below my skill level and my level of fitness (strength, speed, cardio etc). To be blunt im not a fighter, im a guy who has experience in boxing/kick-boxing and Im fit. Against a real fighter, someone who fights for money I would be utterly crushed. So I fight guys I have a strong advantage over. Generally my size, strength and reach (81inches). In the same way that I look a lot better than I really am, kimbo also does.
And this is prescisly the definition of overrated in reguards to Kimbo. With victories over Mercer, Cantrell and Abbot people are now seeing his ease of victory and putting him in the same ranks of Wanderlei, Rampage and Liddell. I for one do not hate Kimbo. I don't think he "sucks". I simply want to see his combat skills in a real MMA match. As do alot of us. You as an athlete can understand the competitiveness that occurs in the ring.
So can you blame fans who have not seen many great things from Kimbo bothered when he is compared to fighters who have overcome wars in the cage? Being placed in the catagory with those fighters makes Kimbo overrated.
_RIVAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 75
JujitsuLight has a little shameless behaviour in the pastJujitsuLight has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
And this is prescisly the definition of overrated in reguards to Kimbo. With victories over Mercer, Cantrell and Abbot people are now seeing his ease of victory and putting him in the same ranks of Wanderlei, Rampage and Liddell. I for one do not hate Kimbo. I don't think he "sucks". I simply want to see his combat skills in a real MMA match. As do alot of us. You as an athlete can understand the competitiveness that occurs in the ring.
So can you blame fans who have not seen many great things from Kimbo bothered when he is compared to fighters who have overcome wars in the cage? Being placed in the catagory with those fighters makes Kimbo overrated.
How in the world does beating Mercer, Cantrell, and Abbbot put you in any ranks? It should put you sleeping on a couch. I definately agree he is overrated because people see his record and think that numbers mean anything.
__________________
Top 5:
BJ Penn
Forrest Griffin
Matt Hamil
Bas Rutten
Kenny Florian
JujitsuLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios