How to tell a casual MMA fan... - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 04-30-2008, 02:32 AM   #61 (permalink)
Thug Life
 
Suvaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,345
Suvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A Baller
"Why did that guy on top lose? It looked like he was pwning!!1!!11!" (after armbar or triangle from guard).
Suvaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #62 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20
Stryker has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thumbs up

this thread made me laugh soooo hard because they now sell tapout stuff at Champs and Pac Sun and a ton of skater dudes buy them and think they look cool and shit and i hate when fat people wear them or affliction shirts. its so dumb. and the casual fan jokes are funny too, but there really are too many silvas haha but the true mma fan can easily distinguish btw. them
Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #63 (permalink)
Banned
 
Suizida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 992
Suizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafb View Post
the casual mma fan thinks Kimbo has actually a chance of beating Chuck.
Beat me 2 it , or explaining how Kimbo when he was street fighting couldn't beat anyone. At least a 30 min conversation
Suizida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #64 (permalink)
MMA fighter
 
kamikaze145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 2,575
Blog Entries: 7
kamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
How about how Jet Li could beat any mma fighter at his weight class(actual conversation i had with a guy at basic training) also apparently there are guys who like train in the mountains their whole lives and have punches and karate chops and stuff that can KO you or kill you instantly and could beat mma fighters. ridiculous. The fact that non-combat style martial arts still have this kind of stigma is ridiculous to me.
kamikaze145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #65 (permalink)
MMA fighter
 
kamikaze145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 2,575
Blog Entries: 7
kamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
this thread made me laugh soooo hard because they now sell tapout stuff at Champs and Pac Sun and a ton of skater dudes buy them and think they look cool and shit and i hate when fat people wear them or affliction shirts. its so dumb. and the casual fan jokes are funny too, but there really are too many silvas haha but the true mma fan can easily distinguish btw. them
Yeah, thats great for Tapout as a clothing company but it sucks because you have ***** skater kids walking around with tapout shirts on. Funny and sad at the same time.
kamikaze145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #66 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 262
Foose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze145 View Post
How about how Jet Li could beat any mma fighter at his weight class(actual conversation i had with a guy at basic training) also apparently there are guys who like train in the mountains their whole lives and have punches and karate chops and stuff that can KO you or kill you instantly and could beat mma fighters. ridiculous. The fact that non-combat style martial arts still have this kind of stigma is ridiculous to me.
Did you know that Buddhist Monks could kill these guys with one hit? Yes a guy actually said that to me once.

My other favorite is how Mike Tyson, in his hay day, could have destoyed any MMA fighter today!
Foose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #67 (permalink)
MMA fighter
 
kamikaze145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 2,575
Blog Entries: 7
kamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foose View Post
Did you know that Buddhist Monks could kill these guys with one hit? Yes a guy actually said that to me once.

My other favorite is how Mike Tyson, in his hay day, could have destoyed any MMA fighter today!
oh yeah, the mike tyson argument. Yeah, the monks type of comment is so dumb. I was going to rep you but there was a retarded add on the bottom and it wouldnt let me. people just think that guys who are in action movies can really fight and that the goofier looking a martial art is, the more effective it is.
kamikaze145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #68 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 262
Foose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud ofFoose has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze145 View Post
oh yeah, the mike tyson argument. Yeah, the monks type of comment is so dumb. I was going to rep you but there was a retarded add on the bottom and it wouldnt let me. people just think that guys who are in action movies can really fight and that the goofier looking a martial art is, the more effective it is.
Thanks kamikaze for the rep. I tried to rep you back, but apparantly I have to spread the love around a bit before I can rep you again !!

Yeah, I have heard the Mike Tyson thing more than once. All I can do is laugh. I asked the most recent guy how Tyson would knock somebody out from his back and he just looked at me with this blank stare. He had no clue what I was talking about! I ended the conversation telling him he was probably right . . lol.
Foose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #69 (permalink)
MMA fighter
 
kamikaze145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 2,575
Blog Entries: 7
kamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foose View Post
Thanks kamikaze for the rep. I tried to rep you back, but apparantly I have to spread the love around a bit before I can rep you again !!

Yeah, I have heard the Mike Tyson thing more than once. All I can do is laugh. I asked the most recent guy how Tyson would knock somebody out from his back and he just looked at me with this blank stare. He had no clue what I was talking about! I ended the conversation telling him he was probably right . . lol.

lol it was probably for the best.
kamikaze145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #70 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Pyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 1,299
Pyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enoughPyros will become famous soon enough
Well, we don't have those kinds of problems here in Spain, because very few people know what MMA is, and I'm making sure that my friends are getting educated in the sport (well, to the extent of my own knowledge which isn't much), so I usually can have an intelligent cnversation about MMA with the people I know .
Pyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios