Tank Kimbo question - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

View Poll Results: Kimbo or Tank
Tank 8 36.36%
Kimbo 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Right......... It should have read like this.........

So Tank's carreer looks similar to Kimbos......outings?
_RIVAL_ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
jasvll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
And yes he has stated that he will beat anyone that MMA can throw at him. He coined the term "Tappin is for bitches" Of course he's obviously never faced a seasoned BJJ fighter on an Elite level so his ignorance is bliss.
And he has claimed to be the best. Go ahead and google some of his interviews before you fight for his honer.
Quote:
I mean, you know, he's fighting. I would never disrespect anybody or underestimate anyone. I have respect for everyone as a fighter. Especially as a professional, he's a professional boxer. I give him all the respect in the world as a fighter. When two men get in the ring, the best man is gonna walk out of there. The better man is going to win. I have all the respect in the world for every fighter.
http://www.touchgloves.com/news/2007..._with_tou.html
Quote:
Sam Caplan: Coming from street fights into mixed martial arts, have you found you've had to make any big adjustments?
Kimbo Slice: Yeah, there have been some major adjustments. Just everything. My life, the way that I am with my family. Being patient and being more dedicated to things and things that are more important. My life has been a complete transition coming from the streets and being a professional fighter now.
Sam Caplan: So your life has changed. Has it changed for the better?
Kimbo Slice: Yeah. Definitely.
Quote:
The heavyweights I know are big, big names; guys that have been in the business for years like Bas Rutten and Randy Couture and those guys are guys that I have a lot of respect for. Cro Cop, Fedor, and those guys -- I look up to those guys. I hope that I can stay in the game long enough so that I can be on their level and have the respect that they get.
Quote:
Sam Caplan: You have a lot of support out there and you're getting a lot of love from the people but you do have some critics here and there. They feel like there's no room in MMA for someone with a street fighting background. How do you respond to those kind of people?
Kimbo Slice: Everybody needs critics. Everybody needs critics. Without those type of people, people like us wouldn't exist. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm cool with that. I need some more. I wouldn't mind more people critiquing me.
http://samcaplan.proelite.com/62364

Arrogant bastard!

As for bitches tappin, it seems a missing sense of humor and a concept of the paid endorsement are the issues, not Ferguson himself:
http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/02/07...es-cagepotato/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogan
That longing to return to the retarded past can only be born of some collective, subconscious, internal desire to try to turn back the clock on humanity and halt our obvious progression towards the inevitable zombie apocalypse of 2012.
jasvll is offline  
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/02/07...es-cagepotato/[/QUOTE]

So, in retrospect if Kimbo ever taps he's a bitch??
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
jasvll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
So, in retrospect if Kimbo ever taps he's a bitch??
That occurrence would be in the future, so it's speculation, not retrospect.

But I would speculate that in the event of Ferguson's tapping, it's likely that people who don't like him will use that script reading as evidence that he is, in fact, a bitch. It would be similar to the people that claim W. Silva and Mark Coleman are clean-shaven homosexuals with the power of flight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJlSAj4H4tg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogan
That longing to return to the retarded past can only be born of some collective, subconscious, internal desire to try to turn back the clock on humanity and halt our obvious progression towards the inevitable zombie apocalypse of 2012.
jasvll is offline  
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Cheesy Poofs
 
stitch1z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,588
                     
jasvll... Did he or did he not release a video stating that he wanted to fight Chuck Lidell in response to Lidell's statements that "Kimbo hasn't fought anybody yet."?

If so, it seems to me like he's trying to portray himself as a current legitimate contender or top tier fighter.




Don Frye's Mustache > Kimbo's Beard
stitch1z is offline  
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
jasvll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1z View Post
jasvll... Did he or did he not release a video stating that he wanted to fight Chuck Lidell in response to Lidell's statements that "Kimbo hasn't fought anybody yet."?

If so, it seems to me like he's trying to portray himself as a current legitimate contender or top tier fighter.
Ferguson responded to someone who said he wasn't legitimate because he hadn't fought anyone noteworthy by requesting a fight with the former champ who said it. He didn't argue about whether or not he was a legitimate contender/top tier fighter, which isn't even relevant to the claims I was responding to, which were that Ferguson said he 'will beat anyone mma can throw at him' and 'has claimed to be the best.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogan
That longing to return to the retarded past can only be born of some collective, subconscious, internal desire to try to turn back the clock on humanity and halt our obvious progression towards the inevitable zombie apocalypse of 2012.
jasvll is offline  
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Cheesy Poofs
 
stitch1z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,588
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvll View Post
Ferguson responded to someone who said he wasn't legitimate because he hadn't fought anyone noteworthy by requesting a fight with the former champ who said it. He didn't argue about whether or not he was a legitimate contender/top tier fighter, which isn't even relevant to the claims I was responding to, which were that Ferguson said he 'will beat anyone mma can throw at him' and 'has claimed to be the best.'
So are you saying that you interpreted Kimbo's video response to Chuck Lidell as "You're right Chuck, I'm not all that. But I'd like to fight you because you said it"
If that's not your interpretation, then I don't get what point you're trying to get accross here.

My interpretation is that he was suggesting that Lidell is wrong and he is willing to fight Chuck under any circumstances to prove it. Which I think is BS and Kimbo knows is BS and he wouldn't have even put the challenge out there if there was any chance of this match-up becoming a reality. Because he would be exposed as "not the best"




Don Frye's Mustache > Kimbo's Beard

Last edited by stitch1z; 05-01-2008 at 03:33 PM.
stitch1z is offline  
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
jasvll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1z View Post
So are you saying that you interpreted Kimbo's video response to Chuck Lidell as "You're right Chuck, I'm not all that. But I'd like to fight you because you said it"
If that's not your interpretation, then I don't get what point you're trying to get accross here.
No, I'm saying that Liddell said Ferguson needs to fight someone meaningful to prove himself, and Ferguson agreed to those terms. He also said that anyone that has a problem with him should see him about it, not anyone else. That's a far cry from 'I will beat anyone mma can throw at me' and 'I'm the best,' wouldn't you agree?


Quote:
My interpretation is that he was suggesting that Lidell is wrong and he is willing to fight Chuck under any circumstances to prove it. Which I think is BS and Kimbo knows is BS and he wouldn't have even put the challenge out there if there was any chance of this match-up becoming a reality. Because he would be exposed as "not the best"
The problem is that all of that is coming from your own head, not Ferguson's mouth. Besides, we could claim that Liddell only called Ferguson because he knew he could hide behind UFC's exclusivity clause, something Ferguson's contract doesn't include.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogan
That longing to return to the retarded past can only be born of some collective, subconscious, internal desire to try to turn back the clock on humanity and halt our obvious progression towards the inevitable zombie apocalypse of 2012.
jasvll is offline  
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 04:06 PM
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,911
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvll View Post
Ferguson responded to someone who said he wasn't legitimate because he hadn't fought anyone noteworthy by requesting a fight with the former champ who said it. He didn't argue about whether or not he was a legitimate contender/top tier fighter, which isn't even relevant to the claims I was responding to, which were that Ferguson said he 'will beat anyone mma can throw at him' and 'has claimed to be the best.'
Uh-huh, okay it is very diplomatic of you to defend Fergie. And you are obviously an intelligent individual. I myself wish that I could conjure the interviews that I'm speaking of in which I've made my opinions on Kimbos ignorant mind state.

The fact is that he said what I heard. But......that now is neither here nor there. I beleive the little video footage that you displayed on W. Silva and your opinions on other peoples concept of his sexuality is as irrelevant as how much change I have in my pocket .

If you so choose to ponder that mans sexual preference, I will leave you to your buisness. When and if Kimbo has been shown the proper way to address the media, which obviously has taken place I'm not sure.

But your insert is a different from the jawjacking that I have been accustomed to. I am however glad that he is begining to display a bit of humility. Because I beleive he'll need it in the future.

Last edited by _RIVAL_; 05-01-2008 at 04:35 PM.
_RIVAL_ is offline  
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
jasvll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,104
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Uh-huh, okay it is very diplomatic of you to defend Fergie. And you are obviously an intelligent individual. I myself wish that I could conjure the interviews that I'm speaking of in which I've made my opinions on Kimbos ignorant mind state.
Conjure seems like the appropriate word :
Quote:
conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth (summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic) "raise the specter of unemployment"; "he conjured wild birds in the air"; "call down the spirits from the mountain"
Quote:
The fact is that he said what I heard. But......that now is neither here nor there.
Yet by your own admission, you've failed to 'conjure' any evidence that supports this supposed 'fact.' Things that can be shown to be true are facts. Things that can't are matters of belief (see your next statement).

Quote:
I beleive the little video footage that you displayed on W. Silva and your opinions on other peoples concept of his sexuality is as irrelevant as how much change I have in my pocket .
Perhaps that's because you're convinced your two cents is worth a fortune?

Again, the connection between the two videos are that they are both commercials, not interviews. In both cases, those involved are basing their words and actions on a predefined script.

Quote:
If you so choose to ponder that mans sexual preference, I will leave you to your buisness.
Again, it's your flawed logic that leads us to those conclusions about Silva and Coleman.

Quote:
When and if Kimbo has been shown the proper way to address the media, which obviously has taken place I'm not sure.

But your insert is a different from the jawjacking that I have been accustomed to. I am however glad that he is begining to display a bit of humility. Because trust me, he'll need it in the future.
'Shown the proper way to address the media?' 'Beginning to display?'

One of the interviews I quoted took place before his first mma fight. When do your illusory interviews take place, grade school?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rogan
That longing to return to the retarded past can only be born of some collective, subconscious, internal desire to try to turn back the clock on humanity and halt our obvious progression towards the inevitable zombie apocalypse of 2012.
jasvll is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome