Originally Posted by Rush_St_Pierre
I love all the blind Kimbo hate. Nobody on here is claiming he's the greatest thing ever. He is an entertaining guy, with KO power, and brings recognition to the sport. Why do you idiots just keep hatin on him?
Interesting way to word your reply to this thread. I for one am not "hatin" on him. I said I beleive that he is hype.
I do not base my opinion blindly, nor do some other fans that I know. I base my opinion on the following facts.
1) His name is being mentioned by casual fans in the same catagories as champions and veterans. =Hype.
2)The fights that he's had have been against very weak competition. In these types of matches and victories (if you haven't seen them) there is no experience to be gained as a compeditor. But he's undefeated so far right?=Hype
3) He is a internet/media addict. Speaking at times humbly and intelligently. To address the critics. Then speaking in other interviews spewing nonsense to the casual fans. In essense attempting in my opinion to win everybody over with his mouth and not his hands.=Hype
4)He knows he's fighting cans and hasn't publicly addressed the topic or asked for any real competition.=Hype
5) What has he really done in MMA? Really?
6) The people that he beat up on the internet were regular people. The fights were unsanctioned and the refferee's were his friends.
7) Notable victories? Has he been tested? Credentials? TDD? GNP? Solid chin?
None of these questions have been answered.
Yet everybody is talking about him.
This is why I beleive he is overhyped.
I don't hate him.
I think he's overhyped.