Strangest part of Kimbo fight...... - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 90
 
Strangest part of Kimbo fight......

I've been reading all the conspiracy theories on the Kimbo fight.. the "tap" in the first round, the odd standup from a dominant side mount position, the early stoppage, etc.

All of that stuff is easily explained.. what I found the most disturbing of all of this isn't really even being talked about.. the fact that during the standing guillotine Thompson had on Kimbo, the camera went wide angle for like 5-6 seconds - you couldn't see what was going on at all.. and when the camera came back to the fight - Kimbo was magically out of the choke hold.

That just doesn't sit right with me. I find it odd that nobody is talking about this in here.
ManBearPig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Featherweight
 
Pyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 1,299
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
I've been reading all the conspiracy theories on the Kimbo fight.. the "tap" in the first round, the odd standup from a dominant side mount position, the early stoppage, etc.

All of that stuff is easily explained.. what I found the most disturbing of all of this isn't really even being talked about.. the fact that during the standing guillotine Thompson had on Kimbo, the camera went wide angle for like 5-6 seconds - you couldn't see what was going on at all.. and when the camera came back to the fight - Kimbo was magically out of the choke hold.

That just doesn't sit right with me. I find it odd that nobody is talking about this in here.

Mmm I have talked about this several times, as well as others . But yeah, it was strange as shit IMO.
Pyros is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 90
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
Mmm I have talked about this several times, as well as others . But yeah, it was strange as shit IMO.
Sorry, I've read a few threads in here and haven't seen this mentioned at all.

My apologies if it's already been discussed.
ManBearPig is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Featherweight
 
burton_o6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ND
Posts: 1,288
                     
It was really weird...Isn't there a 7 second delay too? So I really don't know how that could have accidently happened.

My prediction went to Sh!t...
burton_o6 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
-I came|I saw|I failed-
 
plazzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The plazzVan
Posts: 9,734
Blog Entries: 3
                     
I really don't think EXC could have or would have pulled a job in front of a live crowd. (if that's what your implying...)
plazzman is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Featherweight
 
Pyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 1,299
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazzman View Post
I really don't think EXC could have or would have pulled a job in front of a live crowd. (if that's what your implying...)
But then why did they zomm out when a fighter was in a choke? I think it's very strange, it would be like filming the crowd when a fighter is attempting an armbar, why would you zoom out when the fight may possibly end?
Pyros is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Amatuer
 
rafrojas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 115
 
kimbo my balls

Favorite Fighters
  1. Rampage
  2. Shogun
  3. GSP
  4. Wandelei Silva
  5. Joe Lauzon
  6. Cro Cop
rafrojas is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 90
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazzman View Post
I really don't think EXC could have or would have pulled a job in front of a live crowd. (if that's what your implying...)
Thats the problem, right?

What I am implying is a mass conspiracy.... its not reasonable... but what other justification for the camera zooming out for 6 seconds during a fight?

It's just really odd.
ManBearPig is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
-I came|I saw|I failed-
 
plazzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The plazzVan
Posts: 9,734
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
But then why did they zomm out when a fighter was in a choke? I think it's very strange, it would be like filming the crowd when a fighter is attempting an armbar, why would you zoom out when the fight may possibly end?
They do usually do that in those situations actually. Like when they used to air PRIDE in the states, they would quickly show a shot of the crowd when someone was being choked out or was getting the living crap beat out of them.

I don't think CBS really wants to suddenly unleash that type of brutality upon it's primetime, national audience so fast. There could be new fans watching that don't have the same knowledge of MMA that general fans do, so seeing a guy get choked out might be very hard for them.

Also, it was a choke, a very simple choke that some 10 year olds could have seen and demonstrated on the playground. It wasn't an armbar, which would be very hard to pull off, or do any damage if your a kid. It was a straight up strangulation.
plazzman is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 05:25 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 60
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
Thats the problem, right?

What I am implying is a mass conspiracy.... its not reasonable... but what other justification for the camera zooming out for 6 seconds during a fight?

It's just really odd.
Well the camera man could have been an idiot. I think thats more reasonable then saying there is a conspiracy or that the fight was rigged.
Waddup Fool is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome