Which card is better? - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 04:20 AM
Punishment
 
The Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 5,360
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Yeah, I think that we'll get that result too.

Still, I have to say that I think Almeida is higher up the ladder than Leites, because I believe he's the better fighter, but I'm not sure how Dana and Joe feel about it, and it's their opinion that matters, not mine.
Almeida may be the better fighter but he has only fought once in 4 years, don't you think he needs a couple more fights to be considered in the picture?

[
The Legend is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Flyweight
 
doburg717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: perth, australia
Posts: 458
             
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Are you kidding?

The UFC managed to put together a card that doesn't affect any of the divsions, and doesn't give us any great fights.
tbh how fights affect each division in terms of contendership doesnt intrest me that much, half the time it doesnt matter either as a fight will be made upon whether it will sell of not cough forrest cough (good fight but i dont think he particularly deserved it)

i actauly think all the fights on this card are good quality fights with alot of potential and we really dont know whether any are gna be great fights for another 12 hours but i see a card that can produce alot of good fights
doburg717 is offline  
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 01:51 PM
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Almeida may be the better fighter but he has only fought once in 4 years, don't you think he needs a couple more fights to be considered in the picture?
Sure, but I think that this win will jump him ahead of Leites, because it will be more impressive. His opponent is better, at least in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doburg717 View Post
tbh how fights affect each division in terms of contendership doesnt intrest me that much, half the time it doesnt matter either as a fight will be made upon whether it will sell of not cough forrest cough (good fight but i dont think he particularly deserved it)

i actauly think all the fights on this card are good quality fights with alot of potential and we really dont know whether any are gna be great fights for another 12 hours but i see a card that can produce alot of good fights
Yeah, that's a problem, though.

I'm aware of how and why fights are selected, and I'm even more aware that they are not selected based on the criteria of what will be a great fight.

Unfortunately, many of these cards lack interesting matchups and matchups that matter. So why am I supposed to care?



Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline  
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Punishment
 
The Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 5,360
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Sure, but I think that this win will jump him ahead of Leites, because it will be more impressive. His opponent is better, at least in my opinion.
I'll admit Leites does have a good chance of losing today(even though I am picking him to win) but how is Patrick Cote better then Nate Marquardt? I think you are just trying to play games with me now, the only thing Cote has over Marquardt is striking and that is about it.

[
The Legend is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome