Brett Rogers vs. Kimbo Slice in October!!!!! - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
Brett Rogers 48 77.42%
Kimbo Slice 14 22.58%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
GKY
Bantamweight
 
GKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 962
                     
Kimbo via rigged fight
GKY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 06:48 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 50
         
I am not a Kimbo by any stretch. In fact I think he belongs in WWE. Brett Rogers looked lilke s*it IMO and i can see him getting knocked out. Not that Kimbo didnt. Why dont they make Kimbo fight a decent figher and end this circus once and for all.
nicknj53 is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Bohab For Life!
 
sirdilznik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jumping Guard On Hellga
Posts: 2,083
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknj53 View Post
I am not a Kimbo by any stretch. In fact I think he belongs in WWE. Brett Rogers looked lilke s*it IMO and i can see him getting knocked out. Not that Kimbo didnt. Why dont they make Kimbo fight a decent figher and end this circus once and for all.
I believe you pretty much answered your own question.


Self-proclaimed leader of the Bao Quach bandwagon
On the Handsome bandwagon
It's Hellga time!
sirdilznik is offline  
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 2
 
I first saw Rogers at the Kimbo vs Tank fight here in Miami. Hes def a good slugger like Kimbo, Im not sure if Rogers can knock out Kimbo, and like they said we dont know the chin strength of Rogers. It will be an intense fight that can go either way IMO.
Cmoazz is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,889
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoazz View Post
I first saw Rogers at the Kimbo vs Tank fight here in Miami. Hes def a good slugger like Kimbo, Im not sure if Rogers can knock out Kimbo, and like they said we dont know the chin strength of Rogers. It will be an intense fight that can go either way IMO.
We know the chin strength of Thompson though and even though he's made a career of being knocked out in the first round Kimbo couldn't finish him until round three and that "finish" was questionable. We also know Kimbo can't go more than one round without gassing. Rogers might have lousy cardio too but I'll bet it is better than Kimbo.
Drogo is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 124
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
We know the chin strength of Thompson though and even though he's made a career of being knocked out in the first round Kimbo couldn't finish him until round three and that "finish" was questionable. We also know Kimbo can't go more than one round without gassing. Rogers might have lousy cardio too but I'll bet it is better than Kimbo.
what would make you think that at all? both fights we've seen of rogers has been done in first round early.. he could gas just as quickly, who knows. only one way to find out.. we'll see in october.
ralphbenjamin is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Middleweight
 
Shamrock-Ortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,963
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattandbenny View Post
I'd love to win this fight. I actually think kimbo could win this, but it would definately be whoever lands the first clean punch who wins.
What makes you say that?? How many clean punches did Kimbo land on James Thompson?? Millions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilson47 View Post
and we are now to the point were most of us now think a nobody named Brett Rogers will KO Kimbo, I would love to see it.
I think most people who knew anything about MMA figured that the "nobody named Brett Rogers" is favourite to beat Kimbo a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
Yup I'm really bitter, but I'm going to be very satisfied when Kimbo gets KTFO.
What's Kimbo doing wrong apart from training his ass off?? Oh wait, he's not doing anything wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKY View Post
Kimbo via rigged fight
Lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknj53 View Post
Why dont they make Kimbo fight a decent figher and end this circus once and for all.
Do you need to ask that question??
Moneh Moneh Moneh $$$


@ ralphbenjamin - repped, there is no reason to be confident that Rogers cardio is better than Kimbo's.

Fedor fights I want to see..

Fedor vs. Josh Barnett
Fedor vs. Randy Couture
Fedor vs. Tim Sylvia - DEMOLISHED
Fedor vs. Andrei Arlovski - DEMOLISHED

hmmmmm, i wonder how many become reality..

2007
Shamrock-Ortiz is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,889
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphbenjamin View Post
what would make you think that at all? both fights we've seen of rogers has been done in first round early.. he could gas just as quickly, who knows. only one way to find out.. we'll see in october.
Because Kimbo's cardio is terrible and I think it is well below that of the average MMA fighter. Even if Rogers' was below average it would still be better than Kimbo's.

I don't think we will find out though, I doubt the fight will last long enough. I think Rogers will finish him in the first round.
Drogo is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 04:16 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 55
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknj53 View Post
I am not a Kimbo by any stretch. In fact I think he belongs in WWE.
In the W.W.E.???? As What???? The ReIncarnation of Bad News Brown?????





ROTFLMAO
raymel1 is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Featherweight
 
Pyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 1,299
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz View Post
What's Kimbo doing wrong apart from training his ass off?? Oh wait, he's not doing anything wrong.
Mmm, let me think, calling out fighters like Chuck Lidell to street fights, for example?
Pyros is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome