Will Silva's win open US fan's eyes to non-US fighters? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Question Will Silva's win open US fan's eyes to non-US fighters?

for the most part, the UFC is made up of American fighters, with a sprinking of Canadians and a few random other countries for garnish. but with Silva totally raping Franklin, will this open Dana's eyes to bringing in other talent from a wider range of countries? i could see why Dana might want to keep the UFC talent "local", but in the interest of good fights and the enjoyment of the fans, will this make Dana look outside the US for fighters? will we see more Brazillians?

also, after PRIDE: REAL DEAL, when the US audience gets a glimps of fighters from an even wider range of countries, will Dana start calling up fighters from Russia and Japan?

i guess... When is Dana going to see that in the interest of great figthts, he will have to look all over the world for fighters, not just in the tiny, local MMA orgs of the US?

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
It would be good for American MMA I think.
Plus I like seeing new talent, and a diverse group.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 PM
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
for the most part, the UFC is made up of American fighters, with a sprinking of Canadians and a few random other countries for garnish. but with Silva totally raping Franklin, will this open Dana's eyes to bringing in other talent from a wider range of countries? i could see why Dana might want to keep the UFC talent "local", but in the interest of good fights and the enjoyment of the fans, will this make Dana look outside the US for fighters? will we see more Brazillians?

also, after PRIDE: REAL DEAL, when the US audience gets a glimps of fighters from an even wider range of countries, will Dana start calling up fighters from Russia and Japan?

i guess... When is Dana going to see that in the interest of great figthts, he will have to look all over the world for fighters, not just in the tiny, local MMA orgs of the US?
the funny thing is this was probably the best pre-view for pride possible. when the tuf fans start doing some research on anderson it will open the doors and shed light on there little mma existence.. and they will see that there is more to mma than ufc
j.farrell is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
I LOVE Pride fighters, I just don't enjoy the pride show.

Does that make sense?
So I would love to see more talent from there or anywhere else come over to the UFC.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Brazil puts some good fighters on the map, especially the Chute Boxe team. I love them guys. I love Pride.
cabby is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.farrell
the funny thing is this was probably the best pre-view for pride possible. when the tuf fans start doing some research on anderson it will open the doors and shed light on there little mma existence.. and they will see that there is more to mma than ufc
very true! Yay

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
I LOVE Pride fighters, I just don't enjoy the pride show.

Does that make sense?
So I would love to see more talent from there or anywhere else come over to the UFC.
somewhat... i get you though. you enjoy PRIDE's talent, but not the fact that it's show is specifically caterd to the Japanese fans!

but keep in mind, this REAL DEAL show implies that PRIDE is jumping out of Japan and trying to truley "bring" it's product to other coutnries (i.e. America). so you can assume, that there is a chance that the PRIDE show will "look/feel" different since it is in the US. maybe... it's conceivable, right?

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
somewhat... i get you though. you enjoy PRIDE's talent, but not the fact that it's show is specifically caterd to the Japanese fans!

but keep in mind, this REAL DEAL show implies that PRIDE is jumping out of Japan and trying to truley "bring" it's product to other coutnries (i.e. America). so you can assume, that there is a chance that the PRIDE show will "look/feel" different since it is in the US. maybe... it's conceivable, right?

Oh yeah, I can't wait!
I still watch Pride, its just really for Japanese fans, it makes sense, being in Japan most of the time, so I cant complain too much.
But I would like to see a bit of a change when they are over here for us American fans.


I heard they were having trouble getting some fighters VISA's?
AtomDanger is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Oh yeah, I can't wait!
I still watch Pride, its just really for Japanese fans, it makes sense, being in Japan most of the time, so I cant complain too much.
But I would like to see a bit of a change when they are over here for us American fans.


I heard they were having trouble getting some fighters VISA's?
curious... what changes? you say you're not happy with the way the show is presented for japanese fans, well, what is it that you don't like? what do you think needs to be changed?

also, you said PRIDE is really for PRIDE fans, but that's not wholly true. mostly, the only people i've ever seen ***** about PRIDE's "feel/show/whatever" are from the US. so, is the UFC geared towards only American fans? are japanese MMA fans *****ing about how the UFC is presented? something to think about. i mean, the japanese prolly cringe whenever they hear a round of booing from the UFC audience. maybe they feel the UFC needs to root out their ignorant fans so as not to show so much disrespect to the fighters??? food for thought.

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino

Last edited by pt447; 10-16-2006 at 01:31 PM.
pt447 is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Amatuer
 
Fighter J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 177
 
I love that some more non american/canadian fighters are coming this will mean more exciting matchups if some non american pride guys come to the ufc

Favorite Fighters
1 GSP(gonna beat hughes at UFC 65)
2 Fedor Emelianenko
3 Sean Sherk
4 BJ Penn
Fighter J is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome