Rogers/Kimbo a go for October! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 124
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
J.T. def won the fight but thats where gary Shaws magic comes in......btwdude 14-9...isnt a winning record even if he beat Kimbo......JP is right and your point isnt really makin sense....although I think were all on the same page when I say that Kimbo will lose to Brett Rogers...assuming they fight.....
yeah yeah.. i know.. i was just meaning more wins than losses.. though ur right jp.. losing 7 of last 9 pretty much makes u a loser.

im just curious to see how many punches kimbo will be able to take, thats what im watching the fight for.. to see if he really has that "iron chin"... or if it'll be 1-2 knockout
ralphbenjamin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphbenjamin View Post
yeah yeah.. i know.. i was just meaning more wins than losses.. though ur right jp.. losing 7 of last 9 pretty much makes u a loser.

im just curious to see how many punches kimbo will be able to take, thats what im watching the fight for.. to see if he really has that "iron chin"... or if it'll be 1-2 knockout
yo ralphB...I think that if Rogers is smart he should just take kimbo down(which if you watched his last fight he wasnt able to defend against in the least bit) and beat his ass on the ground, I admitt as long as they stand Kimbo is in better shape but if it hits the ground he ****ed imo....plus its not like kimbo standing is a lock to beat Rogers!! Rogers is 6-0 and has very good k/o power, that obviously doesnt mean he will knock Kimbo out but Im fairly confident that Kimbo will lose via gnp in the second.....remember Kimbo wont have any stamina left then...."I gotta stop smokng blunts..."...yes you do Kimbo...
coldcall420 is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Heavyweight
 
e-thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 3,896
                     
The 'legend' that is Kimbo looks to be coming to an end.

I think Rogers could even stand with Kimbo and win the fight.
e-thug is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Bisping #1
 
eric2004bc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Luton, England, UK
Posts: 2,465
                     
intresting how gary shaw is actually giving him an opanant who can KTFO of kimbo, but i quess he cant keep hand feedign his little pet, if rojers is talking shit about kimbo , kimbo is gunna wonna fight him and thats exactly what rogers done, will be an intresting fight but rojers takes this 1
eric2004bc is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 04:38 AM
Pain Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 330
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-thug View Post
The 'legend' that is Kimbo looks to be coming to an end.

I think Rogers could even stand with Kimbo and win the fight.
I agree completely. Kimbo can punch, but this is MMA. He really needs to work on his ground-game and yes, stop smokin' those blunts, lmao. And does he have a good chin? We'll more than likely find out.
Dioxippus is offline  
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 01:56 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 50
         
I would rather watch 2 kids with down syndrome fight. Brett Rogers is terrible and should go back to fixing tires and Kimbo is the biggest fraud in sports since Ryan Leaf. With that being said Rogers should beat his ass. If Kimbo wins I wonder who the next over the hill garbage fighter they will hand pick for him to "beat". Elite XC should be banned from MMA for headlining with a freak show. There bread and butter fighter is nothing more than an act that rivals WWE. Whats next? I think Vince McMahon should come out and challenge Kimbo to a ladder match.
nicknj53 is offline  
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 05:46 AM
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknj53 View Post
I would rather watch 2 kids with down syndrome fight. Brett Rogers is terrible and should go back to fixing tires and Kimbo is the biggest fraud in sports since Ryan Leaf. With that being said Rogers should beat his ass. If Kimbo wins I wonder who the next over the hill garbage fighter they will hand pick for him to "beat". Elite XC should be banned from MMA for headlining with a freak show. There bread and butter fighter is nothing more than an act that rivals WWE. Whats next? I think Vince McMahon should come out and challenge Kimbo to a ladder match.
What a great coincidence. I am start the T.D.S.F.A. (teenagagers with downs syndrome fight association). I still don't believe that Gary Shaw is going to do this. If Kimbo gets exposed Elite XC might as well become a woman's only promotion. They only have two top level fighters in Lawler (questionalbe if he's top) and Shields.
rockybalboa25 is offline  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
I'll be honest, I want Kimbo to win this, just for Bas.
TheNegation is offline  
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Shogun Shogun Shogun
 
cezwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: australia
Posts: 1,072
                     
i have a sinking feeling that Elite XC realised that the general public is starting to realise that kimbo is a joke after the show he put on with Thompson, so they are going to give him an opponent that will beat him to give him and Elite XC a little bit more credibility.

thats what i think anyway..

Shogun is my homeboy.

cezwan is offline  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,871
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
What a great coincidence. I am start the T.D.S.F.A. (teenagagers with downs syndrome fight association). I still don't believe that Gary Shaw is going to do this. If Kimbo gets exposed Elite XC might as well become a woman's only promotion. They only have two top level fighters in Lawler (questionalbe if he's top) and Shields.
I think Bigfoot Silva is a legitimate HW but your point still stands about the general lack of talent in the organization.
Drogo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome