Should EliteXc sign Babalu, Vitor or any other released UFC stars? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
 
Should EliteXc sign Babalu, Vitor or any other released UFC stars?

I was checking out Affliction's fighters & it seems most everyone basically fights on a 1 fight contract. So should EliteXc sign guys that have had good showing in the past. It would fill out the divisions. Imagine Crocop vs Kimbo or Big Foot.

Fighter's I'd like to see signed,

Babalu
Vitor
Crocop
Tito
Kimo
Barnett

They may be older but could draw in longtime fans & Elite could build they're home grow talent off old UFC names.
Synyster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 439
Blog Entries: 6
                     
I believe Cro Cop's deal with Dream is different then the Affliction deal and he already has something about going back to the UFC after another year or two.

Favs:
Rampage Jackson
GSP
Frank Shamrock
Bas Rutten
Nate Diaz
Nick Diaz
Screwaside is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwaside View Post
I believe Cro Cop's deal with Dream is different then the Affliction deal and he already has something about going back to the UFC after another year or two.
Ya Crocop does has a 3 fight deal with Dream & he'set for his second soon. But if EliteXc offered him a title shot quick I'm sure he would at least consider it.
Synyster is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Featherweight
 
mmawrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles by way of Vancouver
Posts: 1,439
                     
babalu vitor and barnett are all fighting for affliction.

mmawrestler is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmawrestler View Post
babalu vitor and barnett are all fighting for affliction.
Under short deals, the way Affliction is paying their fighters they can only sign them for 1-3 fights. Plus Affliction is very new & could go the way of Pride & M1 Global. Besides I was trying to point out how EliteXc has let a lot of big names slip past them. You would think they would want recognizable names for there CBS shows & if the names where bigger they could start doing a few PPV's a year.
Synyster is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Featherweight
 
mmawrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles by way of Vancouver
Posts: 1,439
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Under short deals, the way Affliction is paying their fighters they can only sign them for 1-3 fights. Plus Affliction is very new & could go the way of Pride & M1 Global. Besides I was trying to point out how EliteXc has let a lot of big names slip past them. You would think they would want recognizable names for there CBS shows & if the names where bigger they could start doing a few PPV's a year.

well then I hope vitor does good in affliction and then returns to the ufc.
Wasnt he supposed to be returning to the ufc?
I remember seeing alot of threads rumoring he signed a deal about 6 months ago

mmawrestler is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 AM
Bantamweight
 
mrmyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 812
                     
they should and are trying to. they need to lock up as much talent as they can so that they can compete with the UFC. They only have a hand full of fighters and the UFC has several stacked divisions.

MMA Pics Record
15 - 4 - 1
mrmyz is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
 
Babalu has said he was pissed about his suspension that turned into his release, but like most people he'll go with the money. Like i said before EliteXc needs some big names & they allow their fighters to compete in other organazations, that in it's self should attract people. Think about Anderson Silva who has a few fights left in the UFC, he said he wants a boxing match with Roy Jones Jr. but Dana said no, & what about Penn he has left the UFC before because he couldn't fight overseas in other events that he had in the past. My guess is that within the next year Tito will jump then others will follow.
Synyster is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Bantamweight
 
mrmyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 812
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Babalu has said he was pissed about his suspension that turned into his release, but like most people he'll go with the money. Like i said before EliteXc needs some big names & they allow their fighters to compete in other organazations, that in it's self should attract people. Think about Anderson Silva who has a few fights left in the UFC, he said he wants a boxing match with Roy Jones Jr. but Dana said no, & what about Penn he has left the UFC before because he couldn't fight overseas in other events that he had in the past. My guess is that within the next year Tito will jump then others will follow.
tito is practically sighned from what I hear. All thats really left is the particulars. All of the terms he wants for the contract are going to be met. He will fight when he wants I think he wanted to fight like 3 times a year and its a 2 year 6 fight contract. Its non exclusive similar to the deal that nick diaz has where he can fight in other venues with the permission of elite xc.

They are just ironing out the details of money. Tito wants to get paid what hes worth and elite doesnt want to get raped. So he should be sighned by the end of the month.

MMA Pics Record
15 - 4 - 1
mrmyz is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 45
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyz View Post
tito is practically sighned from what I hear. All thats really left is the particulars. All of the terms he wants for the contract are going to be met. He will fight when he wants I think he wanted to fight like 3 times a year and its a 2 year 6 fight contract. Its non exclusive similar to the deal that nick diaz has where he can fight in other venues with the permission of elite xc.

They are just ironing out the details of money. Tito wants to get paid what hes worth and elite doesnt want to get raped. So he should be sighned by the end of the month.
can't wait, the non-exclusive contracts are the ticket & until the UFC figures that out other organizations will have a chance.
Synyster is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome