Rumor: Kimbo Slice Vs. Sean Gannon Rematch To Happen On CBS - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
It's not like I'm giving something up in return for watching him fight, now is it? And yes, why wouldn't I?
Because he's terrible, an embarrassment to the sport, has no skill, a side show attraction, or maybe just because he's over-hyped bum who put a few youtube videos on the internet and doesn't know anything about MMA.
rockybalboa25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
I don't see why any of those things should prevent me from being entertained by watching a fight?

Do you have as much of a problem with me watching old Akebono and Giant Silva fights?
TheNegation is offline  
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 03:34 PM
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
I don't see why any of those things should prevent me from being entertained by watching a fight?

Do you have as much of a problem with me watching old Akebono and Giant Silva fights?
I just don't see how you find it entertaining to watch two guys fight at the level you see guys fight in the street at. Why not just walk around looking for fights to start? Then you will get to see guys with no talent fight live.
rockybalboa25 is offline  
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
I just don't see how you find it entertaining to watch two guys fight at the level you see guys fight in the street at. Why not just walk around looking for fights to start? Then you will get to see guys with no talent fight live.
Firstly, lets give Kimbo and Thompson a little more credit than that.
And secondly I take great pleasure in watching that very thing every weekend.
It's not like I suddenly can't watch top competitors because I watch guys like Kimbo. I also watch a lot of small shows with a lot of guys with 2-3 records and such all the time. Entertainment is entertainment.
TheNegation is offline  
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 03:49 PM
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Because he's terrible, an embarrassment to the sport, has no skill, a side show attraction, or maybe just because he's over-hyped bum who put a few youtube videos on the internet and doesn't know anything about MMA.
I agre with most of this except Kimbo does know some stuff about MMA, he is training with Bas after all. I just don't think he has the tools to fight quality opponents.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this fight now that I think about it. Kimbo would hopefully lose and the EXC would look like morons for promoting and hyping Kimbo. It's a win win situation and it's free.
MJB23 is offline  
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Kimbo wouldn't lose this fight, well, he'd be unlikely to anyway.
TheNegation is offline  
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Firstly, lets give Kimbo and Thompson a little more credit than that.
And secondly I take great pleasure in watching that very thing every weekend.
It's not like I suddenly can't watch top competitors because I watch guys like Kimbo. I also watch a lot of small shows with a lot of guys with 2-3 records and such all the time. Entertainment is entertainment.
Most of those guys with 2-3 records could probably beat Kimbo. I don't see why I should give Kimbo more credit than that. Just because the guy trains with Bas Rutten? Obviously he is not training very hard, or he wouldn't be so out of shape. Thompson credit? He got knocked out by Butterbean for Christ sake. Saying entertainment is entertainment is ridiculous. Would you go see a terrible movie just because it was entertainment. I do hope this fight happens, so Kimbo can get destroyed. Then Elite XC can go under, and he will fade off into oblivion.
rockybalboa25 is offline  
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Because Kimbo and Thompson are both far above the level that you see guys fight on the street at. What the hell kinda guys are fighting on your street? Kimbo was above that level back when he was posting videos on youtube.

Thompson never got knocked out by Butterbean.

How entertaining is this terrible movie?

Kimbo almost beat Gannon back before he had professional training, in a fight which Gannon cheated in. Why would he get "destroyed" now? Has all this time training with Bas made him a worse fighter, or has Gannon made some massive improvements to his game?
TheNegation is offline  
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 04:13 PM
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
                     
TheNegation how did Gannon cheat? It's a street fight there are no rules so how can you cheat when theres no rules to break?
MJB23 is offline  
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
TheNegation how did Gannon cheat? It's a street fight there are no rules so how can you cheat when theres no rules to break?
Because I have never seen Kimbo in a street fight. He's not a street fighter, he's a Bare Knuckle Boxer. Theres a big difference, peole just don't realise it since he is called a streetfighter in all his marketing. Bare Knuckle Boxing has very specific rules. I don't even bother trying to explain this to people anymore.
TheNegation is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome