Rumor: Kimbo Slice Vs. Sean Gannon Rematch To Happen On CBS - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 08-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
MJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Because I have never seen Kimbo in a street fight. He's not a street fighter, he's a Bare Knuckle Boxer. Theres a big difference, peole just don't realise it since he is called a streetfighter in all his marketing. Bare Knuckle Boxing has very specific rules. I don't even bother trying to explain this to people anymore.
If it's in a street etc and not sanctioned it's a street fight, I don't care how you try to dress it up and make it sound better it's still a street fight. If in fact the fight was a bare knuckle boxing match where the rules made evident to Gannon before the start of the fight? I didn't see any rules being told in the video.
MJB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
If it's in a street etc and not sanctioned it's a street fight, I don't care how you try to dress it up and make it sound better it's still a street fight. If in fact the fight was a bare knuckle boxing match where the rules made evident to Gannon before the start of the fight? I didn't see any rules being told in the video.
Um, no lol?

Did you think it was a coincidence those guys only fought with their fists and there was a guy there to deliver a 20 count everytime somebody went down?

There were rules, as there were for every fight we have seen Kimbo in. I'll see if I can find the interview in which Gannon talks about them, it's down from Wiki.

Last edited by TheNegation : 08-22-2008 at 05:36 PM.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
MJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Um, no lol?

Did you think it was a coincidence those guys only fought with their fists and there was a guy there to deliver a 20 count everytime somebody went down?

There were rules, as there were for every fight we have seen Kimbo in. I'll see if I can find the interview in which Gannon talks about them, it's down from Wiki.
I've never once seen these rules discussed or displayed in the videos and i've seen every kimbo fight thats on youtube. I'm not saying there arent rules but I have never seen them displayed and so I find it hard to believe they used rules if they didnt say anything about them. Id love for you to find that interview tho.
MJB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDph0FFBG4E

Did you miss this one?

Thye rules are pretty obvious if you have watched his fights, boxing only, a count out(usually of 30 seconds). Thats pretty standard BKB, it's not NHB or streetfighting. Trust me there is a difference.

It's impossible to find anything other than what was supposedly the basic rebbuttal of Gannons camp after the fiht in articles about the fight or videos of Kimbo calling Gannon out.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Because Kimbo and Thompson are both far above the level that you see guys fight on the street at. What the hell kinda guys are fighting on your street? Kimbo was above that level back when he was posting videos on youtube.

Thompson never got knocked out by Butterbean.

How entertaining is this terrible movie?

Kimbo almost beat Gannon back before he had professional training, in a fight which Gannon cheated in. Why would he get "destroyed" now? Has all this time training with Bas made him a worse fighter, or has Gannon made some massive improvements to his game?
First of all James Thompson was knocked out in 43 seconds at Cage Rage 20 on February 10, 2007 by Eric "Butterbean" Esch. How exactly does one cheat in a street fight? I thought that was the most hilarious part of the video. The street fighting champion, kimbo Slice's, people jumping in to enforce the "rules". If Gannon was allowed to fight him with less rules, like a mma match (seriously how does a street fight have more rules than mma?) it would be over quick. As far as guys on the street, there are plenty big cocky guys fresh out of jail in my neighborhood that would tear Kimbo apart.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
MJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World Renown
All I saw was Kimbo's guys complaining because Kimbo got knocked down and the guy went in for the kill. Hardly a display of rules. Every fight where Kimbo has been knocked down, in trouble, etc his guys instantly jump in and start saying hey you can't do that. Kimbo is not a BKB he is an organized street fighter.
MJB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
First of all James Thompson was knocked out in 43 seconds at Cage Rage 20 on February 10, 2007 by Eric "Butterbean" Esch. How exactly does one cheat in a street fight? I thought that was the most hilarious part of the video. The street fighting champion, kimbo Slice's, people jumping in to enforce the "rules". If Gannon was allowed to fight him with less rules, like a mma match (seriously how does a street fight have more rules than mma?) it would be over quick. As far as guys on the street, there are plenty big cocky guys fresh out of jail in my neighborhood that would tear Kimbo apart.
No, he did not. James Thompson got knocked down, and the fight was stopped prematurely. Clearly you never even saw that fight.

One does not cheat in a street fight, as a street fight doesn't have rules.

I never said that a street fight has more rules than an MMA match.

As for your last point, you are clearly an idiot so I am ending this conversation. I am sure being cocky, big and doing prison time is an adequate substitute for MMA training with Bas Rutten.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
All I saw was Kimbo's guys complaining because Kimbo got knocked down and the guy went in for the kill. Hardly a display of rules. Every fight where Kimbo has been knocked down, in trouble, etc his guys instantly jump in and start saying hey you can't do that. Kimbo is not a BKB he is an organized street fighter.
Yet you claim to have seen all his fights? Kimbo doesn't hit guys when they go down either, the closest he came was smacking that Adrian guy when they fought on the way down. The reason they jumped in was because hitting a downed opponent is clearly against the rules, and was in all of Kimbos fights excluding the Gannon fight where everything went out the window. The didn't jump in in the Chico fight when he got rocked.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #38 (permalink)
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
MJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post

Yet you claim to have seen all his fights? Kimbo doesn't hit guys when they go down either, the closest he came was smacking that Adrian guy when they fought on the way down. The reason they jumped in was because hitting a downed opponent is clearly against the rules, and was in all of Kimbos fights excluding the Gannon fight where everything went out the window. The didn't jump in in the Chico fight when he got rocked.
What rules? It's a street fight there are no rules. So Kimbo has some class and doesn't hit his opponents on the ground, good for him. Kimbo doesn't need to finish them on the ground because most of them either stay down or get up and 5 seconds later get knocked down and are done. What's your excuse for Kimbo's guys stepping in when Gannon had him in a guillotine? Was that against the "rules" too?
MJB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
This is like talking to a brick wall.

I'll try doing this in steps.
Are you familiar with the "sport" of Bare Knuckle Boxing and the rules under which it is usually carried out?
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
MJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World Renown
Do you have any proof to back up your notion that Kimbo is a bare knuckle boxer? Do you have an interview where he states that he is a bare knuckle boxer? Everything ever written about him states he is a street fighter. I have yet to see something that says he is a bare knuckle boxer. Just because the rules may resemble BKB doesn't mean Kimbo is a bare knuckle boxer.
MJB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios