A leg injury has forced Renato "Babalu" Sobral (30-7) out of his upcoming bout with Anthony Ruiz (21-11), which was set to take place Sept. 20 at "Strikeforce at the Mansion II."
Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com
) that Sobral was forced off the card and said the organization is looking for a replacement.
Ruiz was actually a recent replacement for Strikeforce world light heavyweight champion Bobby Southworth (9-5), who was forced off the card last month after after suffering a leg injury of his own.
Strikeforce at the Mansion II takes place at the world-famous Playboy Mansion in Beverly Hills, Calif., and will be streamed for free at Sherdog.com.
Sobral, a former UFC fighter who signed with Strikeforce following a victory over David Heath at UFC 74, is currently riding a three-fight win streak, which included a unanimous-decision victory over Mike Whitehead at Affliction's debut event in July.
Strikeforce officials aren't sure when he'll return to action.
Ruiz, meanwhile, most recently scored a unanimous-decision victory over Jeremy Freitag at EliteXC's July 26 event. He will return to Strikeforce for the first time since his title loss to Southworth in June. Ruiz won their first meeting -- a non-title bout -- via second-round TKO (due to a cut) in 2007, but Southworth cruised to a decision victory in the second meeting.
Ruiz will go for his eighth win in nine fights.