KJ Noons stripped of title - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 09-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
MJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World Renown
I'm glad Noons got stripped. If you are champion you have to fight who they tell you to fight no matter what. If you won't do that then losing your title is appropriate.
MJB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,904
Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
If he wanted to keep that title he should have sucked it up and fought Nick! EXC made the right decision in that regard!

But in a way I agree with KJ when he tried to get a better deal for himself while he was still the champion. When the guy that you beat to become the champion is getting more exposure and making more money then you then you know something is wrong. Why shouldn't he try to renegotiate his contract!

But in the end what does it really matter. By next year EXC will be nothing but a distant memory so those championships will mean diddly!
__________________
You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: -England-
Posts: 1,475
_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now_JB_ is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
I agree with this 100%. A champion doesn't turn down fights.

Reguardless if he likes his opponent or not.

Now look what you did to yourself K.J. You are really unmarketable. The gold was the only thing that kept you afloat.

No one will care anymore.
Agree with you, fair play to them for doing it and not taking no bull.
_JB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
KJ should have just fought Diaz, but to be honest, he was getting shafted in the hopes that Diaz would beat him.

I think this is great for KJ though, he's clearly talented, and I think he'll find a new home rather easily (if he leaves EXC). I'd definitely like to see him fight some of the UFC LWs.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,904
Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all View Post
KJ should have just fought Diaz, but to be honest, he was getting shafted in the hopes that Diaz would beat him.

I think this is great for KJ though, he's clearly talented, and I think he'll find a new home rather easily (if he leaves EXC). I'd definitely like to see him fight some of the UFC LWs.
KJ Noons vs. Nate Diaz! I can see that being the next UFN main event (If he leave EXC and go over to the UFC of course)! They use this entire story hype up the fight!

That or they'll just put him on the next TUF!
__________________
You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam

Last edited by Bonnar426 : 09-20-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Bonnar426 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 318
Shogun is an unknown quantity at this pointShogun is an unknown quantity at this pointShogun is an unknown quantity at this point
KJ still has to finish his contract with EXC so I don't think it was smart move to refuse the fight. The CBS fight card with Kimbo and Gina would have provided him huge exposure and raised his future earning potential if he won. He should have just finished out his contract, become a free agent, then get the big money.

Maybe he wanted to get paid now because he felt losing to Diaz on CBS would have made him look bad and lowered his future value?
Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Agree with you, fair play to them for doing it and not taking no bull.

i'm not being a dick JB I respect your perspective imensly...my problem is with taking that point of view as so many have...you are in effect buying XC's bullshit....

Do you guys really think they didnt **** KJ over...there was a thread a while back when this first broke and KJ broke down all he was promised and how XC was marketing Nick over him and he was the champ......


they promote where the money is and we all know this from kimbo now fighting Ken vs. Brett rogers...more money with Kens name and no real good chance of a loss for Kimbo.....hell they prob brought ken in knowing they would use him for the promo of Kimbo(welcome to XC bullshit world)


I am one of the people that feel they should have offered him another fight and worked out a better contract then he fights Nick and they hype the hell out of it...but what kind of organization are you when you strip your beltholder cuz he has a beef with his contract, especially when you really have a weak division already and KJ does have a legit point... plus if they were in the right they would have come out with some kind of statement about his comments instead of pretending they never were said....
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Arlovski_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,757
Arlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level nowArlovski_Fan is on another level now
I would pay to see Alvarez vs Diaz.
Alvarez via BRUTAL KO 1st round lol
__________________
*_*_*_*_*_UFC FANTASY TEAM*_*_*_*_*
Wanderlei Silva
Evan Tanner
Kenny Florian
Alan Belcher
Alessio Sakara
Arlovski_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #29 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
mrmyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 812
mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
i'm not being a dick JB I respect your perspective imensly...my problem is with taking that point of view as so many have...you are in effect buying XC's bullshit....

Do you guys really think they didnt **** KJ over...there was a thread a while back when this first broke and KJ broke down all he was promised and how XC was marketing Nick over him and he was the champ......


they promote where the money is and we all know this from kimbo now fighting Ken vs. Brett rogers...more money with Kens name and no real good chance of a loss for Kimbo.....hell they prob brought ken in knowing they would use him for the promo of Kimbo(welcome to XC bullshit world)


I am one of the people that feel they should have offered him another fight and worked out a better contract then he fights Nick and they hype the hell out of it...but what kind of organization are you when you strip your beltholder cuz he has a beef with his contract, especially when you really have a weak division already and KJ does have a legit point... plus if they were in the right they would have come out with some kind of statement about his comments instead of pretending they never were said....
your right on the dot man. Elite XC in general isnt handeling things professionally and are making a lot of bad decisions. Do you know that a lot of people here in miami dont even know kimbo is fighting ken shamrock?! No one freaking knows. They are making a lot of poor business decisions.

also to all of those with hate towards noons

I found out today why he didnt take the main event fight with nick diaz. Elite XC offered him the main event with nick diaz only if he extended his current contract. They promised to market him better and they would throw him on the main event.

Shit after I found this out Im sorry but I am totally behind KJ noons on this one. Before I thought it was both of their faults but now its clear that they are dicking noons around. He is a younger guy with not that many fights under his belt and they are trying to take advantage of him.

If I were KJ I would try to get out of my elite xc contract as soon as possible ant try to sighn with some one else while Im marketable. He is dissapointed with matketing and money so the offer elite xc gives him is more fights for the same pay and more promises and they havent kept their past ones.

Elite XC's management of fighters is riddiculous. From Kimbo to noons and I have heard rumours about other fighters that want to get out of their pro elite contracts.
__________________
MMA Pics Record
15 - 4 - 1
mrmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 451
undertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura aboutundertow503 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyz View Post

also to all of those with hate towards noons

I found out today why he didnt take the main event fight with nick diaz. Elite XC offered him the main event with nick diaz only if he extended his current contract. They promised to market him better and they would throw him on the main event.

Shit after I found this out Im sorry but I am totally behind KJ noons on this one. Before I thought it was both of their faults but now its clear that they are dicking noons around. He is a younger guy with not that many fights under his belt and they are trying to take advantage of him.
Can you provide a link?
__________________
"I'm going to try and kill you, Georges, and I'm not joking about that."

-BJ Penn
undertow503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios