Ten Ways to Beat Kimbo Slice - Article by IronMan - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28
yellow_fever has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Yeah, the odds would be good. Especially if Kimbo had to cut down to 155 to fight me. Then I'd be in really good shape.

Maybe Kimbo could take up grappling. I'd love to do an open-weight super-fight at NAGA or something.

Then I could start my own youtube channel and get millions of views and make theoretical money!
To tell you the truth... I really think this fight is going to look a lot like Eric Schaffer vs. Houston Alexander...

If Kimbo doesn't knock out Shamrock right away and the fight goes to the ground... he's going to be submitted easily like Alexander was.

I honestly believe Kimbo would've been better suited for WWE, his persona coming from youtube was amazing, he could've had hulk hogan, stone cold status... but to train for MMA at 33 is just too difficult with the sophistication of MMA fighters today. Brock is starting late too, but he has the wrestling skills as a foundation to build on.

I like Kimbo too, but I think his humble attitude takes away from his persona that EliteXC is trying to push, whereas in the WWE he can have this scary big guy character but he doesnt have to risk losing a fight and losing his appeal. Anyways, I hope Kimbo does well, but I think if he fights any of the top heavyweights, he would get murdered...
yellow_fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 AM   #32 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
mmawrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles by way of Vancouver
Posts: 1,440
mmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongBundy View Post
Good Luck beating Kimbo. He is the future and in October Shamrock will realise this. Be there or be square
man kingkong you are hilarios, all of your post are just troll gold, itss funny though because I know your not even a troll, just got a really bad opinion on everything, I hate to pick on you but man think before you post.

On another note, great job Ironman, I think you just sytematiaclly broke down how shitty Kimbo is better than any person ever has
__________________
mmawrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #33 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
mmawrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles by way of Vancouver
Posts: 1,440
mmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level nowmmawrestler is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Yeah, the odds would be good. Especially if Kimbo had to cut down to 155 to fight me. Then I'd be in really good shape.

Maybe Kimbo could take up grappling. I'd love to do an open-weight super-fight at NAGA or something.

Then I could start my own youtube channel and get millions of views and make theoretical money!

Ironman I seriosly love it when you tear peoples posts to shreds,
I would be more suprising if you didnt Tap out Kimbo in a submission match

also one other thing that people dont realize is Kimbo's acuall youtube #s.
his best video has like 2 million views,
then we can look at it this way i bet a good percentage of people that watched that video saw it more than once, some people may have seen it 10, 20 times, I bet a decent percentage of the viewers are acuall MMA fans who only watched it because they saw him on elite xc first, and wanted to see what all the hype was all about and were very dissapionted. I also think alot of people never finished the video because it was to graphic, or they just got bored.

This leaves only a couple hundred thounand people saw the fight, and just because they watched him fight it dosnt mean that every single one is goin to tune in, to watch Kimbo fight.

I think I remember Gary shaw calling it 2 million gaurenteed viewers
__________________
mmawrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,225
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_fever View Post
To tell you the truth... I really think this fight is going to look a lot like Eric Schaffer vs. Houston Alexander...

If Kimbo doesn't knock out Shamrock right away and the fight goes to the ground... he's going to be submitted easily like Alexander was.
Yeah, the size difference seems a little more drastic to me, and Schafer is a little bit younger than Shamrock, so we'll see how that plays a roll.

I'd love the fight to look like Schafer vs. Alexander, that's just not how I see it playing out.


Quote:
I honestly believe Kimbo would've been better suited for WWE, his persona coming from youtube was amazing, he could've had hulk hogan, stone cold status... but to train for MMA at 33 is just too difficult with the sophistication of MMA fighters today. Brock is starting late too, but he has the wrestling skills as a foundation to build on.
Yeah, Lesnar is a legit athlete, and, frankly, Kimbo's not.

I will give Lesnar enough respect to acknowledge that he's on a different level than Kimbo, though his technical skills are a work in progress.


Quote:
I like Kimbo too, but I think his humble attitude takes away from his persona that EliteXC is trying to push, whereas in the WWE he can have this scary big guy character but he doesnt have to risk losing a fight and losing his appeal. Anyways, I hope Kimbo does well, but I think if he fights any of the top heavyweights, he would get murdered...
Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmawrestler View Post
On another note, great job Ironman, I think you just sytematiaclly broke down how shitty Kimbo is better than any person ever has
Thanks, man. I hadn't seen too many top writers looking at it, so I thought I'd take a swing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmawrestler View Post
Ironman I seriosly love it when you tear peoples posts to shreds,
Glad you like reading it. I like doing it.

Quote:
I would be more suprising if you didnt Tap out Kimbo in a submission match
Glad you're confident. My only worry would be getting on top, but who knows? I might get crazy and shoot a flying kneebar (got one of mine on video now, and it's technically sound, from what I can see).

Quote:
also one other thing that people dont realize is Kimbo's acuall youtube #s.
his best video has like 2 million views,
then we can look at it this way i bet a good percentage of people that watched that video saw it more than once, some people may have seen it 10, 20 times, I bet a decent percentage of the viewers are acuall MMA fans who only watched it because they saw him on elite xc first, and wanted to see what all the hype was all about and were very dissapionted. I also think alot of people never finished the video because it was to graphic, or they just got bored.
Don't underestimate Kimbo's popularity. There are a lot of Kimbo trolls, and there are a lot of bloodlusters looking for a banner carrier who picked up Kimbo as a candidate.

Quote:
This leaves only a couple hundred thounand people saw the fight, and just because they watched him fight it dosnt mean that every single one is goin to tune in, to watch Kimbo fight.
Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. I've done that before, and I learned my lesson.

Quote:
I think I remember Gary shaw calling it 2 million gaurenteed viewers
And Gary Shaw is a fat idiot. That doesn't mean Kimbo hasn't helped him out.
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios