Serious injury or Death? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 10-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Mc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 675
Mc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura aboutMc19 has a spectacular aura about
I hope this is fake, but apparently this guy died:

DEATH IN MMA COMPETITION. Douglas Dedge vs Yevgeni Zolotarev VALE TUDO - Google Video
Mc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
Black Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 145
Black Guy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc19
ah, u posted it before i could.
And ye, this is real, I think it was the only death in MMA
Black Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
cabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
There's been no recorded deaths in the UFC or any of the other MMA organizations. Can't say no one has ever died in MMA, but not in a sanctioned event.

There has, however, been numerous deaths in boxing. Over 1,200 recorded deaths since 1741. Here is a great document that has a very detailed archive of boxing death statistics. It's crazy how so many people have died in boxing, yet MMA continues to get razzed when no deaths have ever happened in a sanctioned fight. I remember a guy in boxing just died very recently, after he left the ring when the fight was over he had brain damage and I think he went into a coma and later died. The guy who "killed" him just fought for a title recently.
because boxers work with hands only. and to be a good boxer u usually have devastating power and very good hand skills. with mma you work many areas. with boxing ur just gettin hit in the head the whole fight

Last edited by cabby : 10-29-2006 at 06:39 PM.
cabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
in the ufc there have been no deaths or serious injury. I dont know about pride.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
fullcontact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 877
fullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant future
It seem that im the only mma fan that thinks that boxing isnt more dangerous than mma. I dont understand, just because your a fan, you have to say that its safer than boxing..??
Its a fact that there are more ways to defend yourself in an mma bout but also more ways to get hurt...

One way we could find out, is to see how many deaths there has been out of how many fights. Or another kind of injury compared to the number of fights. MMA has only xisted for what 13 years? Boxing has existed for hundreds of years, of course there are more deaths in boxing..
__________________
Fun trivia: In danish "kamp" means "match" or "fight". So Martin Kampmann really lives up to his name.
fullcontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
CashKola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 510
CashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the roughCashKola is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcontact
It seem that im the only mma fan that thinks that boxing isnt more dangerous than mma. I dont understand, just because your a fan, you have to say that its safer than boxing..??
I was boxing fan before MMA, and I am still a boxing fan, I'm not really into too much but I will watch it when its on. And I assume many people here were boxing fans before MMA. Like someone said before MMA has a lot more short term damage but boxing has a lot more long term damage mainly effecting the brain.
__________________
"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten
CashKola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcontact
It seem that im the only mma fan that thinks that boxing isnt more dangerous than mma. I dont understand, just because your a fan, you have to say that its safer than boxing..??
Its a fact that there are more ways to defend yourself in an mma bout but also more ways to get hurt...

One way we could find out, is to see how many deaths there has been out of how many fights. Or another kind of injury compared to the number of fights. MMA has only xisted for what 13 years? Boxing has existed for hundreds of years, of course there are more deaths in boxing..

K I don't know where you guys get your info but MMA has been around for just as long as boxing! 13 years is hilarious man! LOL you guys know what MMA stands for right? You guys know who Royce Gracie's dad is don't you? It's not like the concept of fighting someone with a different style didn't come about till 1993. All MMA is, is two guys fighting that don't have the same background...you honestly think that 2 guys with different backgrounds never fought until 1993 A.D.? LMAO!

Last edited by WouldLuv2FightU : 10-29-2006 at 08:34 PM.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
Organik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc19
crazy... wish there were multiple angles where u could see the blows better and where they were hitting
Organik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
fullcontact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 877
fullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant futurefullcontact has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
K I don't know where you guys get your info but MMA has been around for just as long as boxing! 13 years is hilarious man! LOL you guys know what MMA stands for right? You guys know who Royce Gracie's dad is don't you? It's not like the concept of fighting someone with a different style didn't come about till 1993. All MMA is, is two guys fighting that don't have the same background...you honestly think that 2 guys with different backgrounds never fought until 1993 A.D.? LMAO!
I am just reacting to the claim that there has never been a death in UFC,Pride etc which are the big organizations of martial arts competition. I Know the UFC started in 1993, but Vale Tudo in Brazil might be older I dont know. However, boxing is generally A LOT more popular sport than MMA, pro MMA is tiny compared to pro boxing..

The fact that there has been no deaths can in no way be used to imply that MMA is a safer than boxing, but it does say that MMA is maybe safer than people like O'Reillly believes.
__________________
Fun trivia: In danish "kamp" means "match" or "fight". So Martin Kampmann really lives up to his name.
fullcontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcontact
I am just reacting to the claim that there has never been a death in UFC,Pride etc which are the big organizations of martial arts competition. I Know the UFC started in 1993, but Vale Tudo in Brazil might be older I dont know. However, boxing is generally A LOT more popular sport than MMA, pro MMA is tiny compared to pro boxing..

The fact that there has been no deaths can in no way be used to imply that MMA is a safer than boxing, but it does say that MMA is maybe safer than people like O'Reillly believes.
OK I gotcha, but I disagree. I think it is ok to say MMA is safer than boxing. Maybe not by much but technically it is safer. The words safer and safest have different meanings.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios