MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
-   -   Cro Cop at Light Heavyweight? (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/46689-cro-cop-light-heavyweight.html)

MartorDR 11-18-2008 11:00 PM

Cro Cop at Light Heavyweight?
 
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but has anyone thought about Cro Cop fighting at 205? What, he usually goes around 220 anyway?

I knows its easy to play armchair Fighter... but I just see the Light Heavyweight division more of a strikers paradise. I have no doubt Mirko would tee off of people like Evans, Wandy or Rampage at 205... whats stopping him?

DMF62469 11-18-2008 11:04 PM

That would be interesting to see.

dontazo 11-18-2008 11:15 PM

ye i think he can drop... cro cop vs rampage .... man can dream

CornbreadBB 11-18-2008 11:27 PM

I think there are better strikers at LHW than HW, so I don't know how that would happen. Also, I honestly don't think it has to do with the weight class, Cro Cop doesn't seem like the fighter he used to be, but hopefully that changes soon.

MartorDR 11-18-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornbreadBB (Post 712094)
I think there are better strikers at LHW than HW, so I don't know how that would happen.

Thats what i meant. More fighters whose game plan revolves around standing up the whole match. Good for Mirko. More of a K1 match to his liking.


Quote:

Originally Posted by CornbreadBB (Post 712094)
Also, I honestly don't think it has to do with the weight class, Cro Cop doesn't seem like the fighter he used to be, but hopefully that changes soon.

I really wish he did better in the UFC. Looked like he was out of his element, idk.

MLS 11-18-2008 11:47 PM

Mirko has stated numerous times that he can't make 205 and doesn't want to.

AstroBouncer 11-18-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLS (Post 712115)
Mirko has stated numerous times that he can't make 205 and doesn't want to.

To elaborate more on this it basically comes down to his big leg/thigh muscles, he just cant lose that weight.

MartorDR 11-19-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstroBouncer (Post 712126)
To elaborate more on this it basically comes down to his big leg/thigh muscles, he just cant lose that weight.

wtf.. hasn't Mirko said in the past

"Right leg, Hospital
Left Leg, Cemetery":confused02:



just chop off the Right leg... problem solved!!

evilappendix 11-20-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartorDR (Post 712133)
wtf.. hasn't Mirko said in the past

"Right leg, Hospital
Left Leg, Cemetery":confused02:



just chop off the Right leg... problem solved!!


Haha, that's actualy what he's said it would take for him to make 205...

Toxic 11-20-2008 03:07 PM

Mirko is done, finished, I dont know why but there is no fire in his eyes and no hunger anymore, its like somebody reached in and stole his very soul, He shouldnt move to LHW he should retire before he goes Shamrock.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2