Word Association with Frank Shamrock! - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply

Old 12-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,359
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Top guys like Sell, Minowa, and Hose had a lot of trouble with Phil's power?
KO power is KO power the ignorance of the above standpoint is almost funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Le has never really been tested. He will never fight in the UFC. They won't put up with a guy who only fights once or twice a year.
Wanderlei will appear in the UFC twice in 2008. The Rampage fight will be his second time this year as a matter of fact.

Among alot of other fighters so your above argument holds no water. Cung has never refused to defend for Scott Coker. He's been starring in movies in his off time. Truth be told Coker hasn't even attempted a for for Le to defend in. No date has been even whispered about in a potential Strikeforce Middleweight title fight until this one. The rest is media and fan speculation.

Dana White has said that he'd like to sign Cung with his own mouth on camera. Do you even reference facts or do you just open your mouth and spew?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Keep telling yourself that. Since he hasn't fought a top ten guy in almost a decade, I would have to see it to believe it
Part of the logic that you display tells me that in the event that if such a fight takes place......and it is a high likleyhood, that you'd have a reason behind Frank taking a victory. Frank still has a great game and I think he'd be a threat to any MW fighter at this point in the game........outside of Anderson.
__________________

King D.....You Know I Love It..



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI

Last edited by _RIVAL_ : 12-09-2008 at 12:19 PM.
_RIVAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #32 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
KO power is KO power the ignorance of the above standpoint is almost funny.
The point was that he said that anyone would have trouble with Baroni's power, when several nonelite fighters had no trouble with his power. I admit he has power, it's just that descent fighters didn't have a problem with it. Your complete lack of understanding of the point is funny.


Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Among alot of other fighters so your above argument holds no water. Cung has never refused to defend for Scott Coker. He's been starring in movies in his off time. Truth be told Coker hasn't even attempted a for for Le to defend in. No date has been even whispered about in a potential Strikeforce Middleweight title fight until this one. The rest is media and fan speculation.

Dana White has said that he'd like to sign Cung with his own mouth on camera. Do you even reference facts or do you just open your mouth and spew?
Dana's comments about signing Le were made in August. This was before Le said that he wouldn't be fighting until at the earliest the middle of next year. I just remember how pissed Dana was when Tito went to make some (really bad) movies. Do you look at old facts and not account for changes before you spew.



Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Part of the logic that you display tells me that in the event that if such a fight takes place......and it is a high likleyhood, that you'd have a reason behind Frank taking a victory. Frank still has a great game and I think he'd be a threat to any MW fighter at this point in the game........outside of Anderson.
Why would I make an excuse if Frank were to win. I don't know what "facts" you are referencing to say that it is a likelyhood that Frank will be fighting top level competition. He has done so in a long time, and the only fight I've heard to be rumored is with Ken. If Frank were to beat Santiago or Misaki (only guys who can be considered top 10 in strikeforce at MW) I would eat my words. I agree that Frank had a great game at one point, but mma has evolved since Frank has last fought a top guy. Also we have no idea how he would do against top level fighters, since it has been so long since he last fought one.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,359
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
The point was that he said that anyone would have trouble with Baroni's power, when several nonelite fighters had no trouble with his power. I admit he has power, it's just that descent fighters didn't have a problem with it. Your complete lack of understanding of the point is funny.
Your logic as to how a person with KO power would not be a threat to a good fighter makes no sense. At all. Reference Houston Alexander vs Jardine, Serra vs GSP or CroCop vs Gonzaga to sleep your theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Dana's comments about signing Le were made in August. This was before Le said that he wouldn't be fighting until at the earliest the middle of next year. I just remember how pissed Dana was when Tito went to make some (really bad) movies. Do you look at old facts and not account for changes before you spew.
So Dana has said that he does not in fact want Cung to fight for the UFC? That would sustain any point you've attempted to make in this discussion regarding such. Give me a link to Dana saying this. Or are you using your own speculation in attempt to induce fact? Have you changed Dana's mind for him rocky?



Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Why would I make an excuse if Frank were to win.
Fits your personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
I would eat my words.
lol I find this hard to beleive.
__________________

King D.....You Know I Love It..



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI

Last edited by _RIVAL_ : 12-10-2008 at 12:23 PM.
_RIVAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
Davisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For Greatness


It's like Daddy just slapped Mommy at the dinner table... Do we keep eating?
__________________

Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #35 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
randyspankstito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: eugene, oregon
Posts: 1,673
randyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level nowrandyspankstito is on another level now
I thought frank looked pretty good in there against baroni. That's the onlyrecent fight of his that I've seen, but I didn't see any reason to think that he can't compete with top competition. He may not win every time if he did, but the fights would def. be entertaining, and he would def. win some.

I'd like to see him and cote bang it, or him vs. marquart.
randyspankstito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Your logic as to how a person with KO power would not be a threat to a good fighter makes no sense. At all. Reference Houston Alexander vs Jardine, Serra vs GSP or CroCop vs Gonzaga to sleep your theory.
My point is that just having power doesn't make you a threat to a good fighter. Butterbean has power. Is he a threat to the top guys in the HW division? Comparing guys with high level BJJ to Baroni? They are good multi-dimensional fighters who used power as one of their attributes. Even Alexander has a wrestling background. Once again your analogies are not apt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
So Dana has said that he does not in fact want Cung to fight for the UFC? That would sustain any point you've attempted to make in this discussion regarding such. Give me a link to Dana saying this. Or are you using your own speculation in attempt to induce fact? Have you changed Dana's mind for him rocky?
You're right it is partially conjecture. However I do believe that Dana's ideas for a contract and Cung's are very different. Do you honestly believe that Dana would accept a fighter being out from March 08 to 2010? Do you really think Dana is willing to sign a one fight deal with any fighter?




Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Fits your personality.

lol I find this hard to beleive.
So you're saying that I never admit when I'm wrong. Seems odd since I admitted to you in another post that I was wrong about Alvarez's contract with Elite XC. It's not like we'll ever find out, since every few months you and I get into it about Shamrock, and you always assure me that he will be fighting top talent soon. Still waiting for those "facts" on when Frank is going to be fighting a top guy?
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #37 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
cormacraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 215
cormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura aboutcormacraig has a spectacular aura about
There should be more interviews in this format exactly.

Unkillable is my new favorite word.
__________________
I had this parrot. The parrot talked, but it did not say "I'm hungry." So it died.

(Mitch Hedberg)
cormacraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
 
_RIVAL_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cal-State South Annex
Posts: 10,359
_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcybaboa25 View Post
My point is that just having power doesn't make you a threat to a good fighter.
It does if you land a big punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Once again your analogies are not apt
Given the display of your insight on this forum, I fail to feel concerned with this comment, strictly because of its origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
You're right it is partially conjecture.
I know. That's why I called you on it. Passing off a fact in which you've fabricated or created to suit your argument is truley a bad debating tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Do you honestly believe that Dana would accept a fighter being out from March 08 to 2010? Do you really think Dana is willing to sign a one fight deal with any fighter?
Coker never formally put a fight on the table. You can't take that jacket and put it on Cung Le. He didn't reject any fights that Strikeforce put in front of him. If he was working on a movie and Strikeforce didn't schedule him for a fight than what does that have to do with Dana?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Still waiting for those "facts" on when Frank is going to be fighting a top guy?:
Refresh my memory here, you seem to have lost yourself in your deepthinking.
__________________

King D.....You Know I Love It..



_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI
_RIVAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #39 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Questions are meant to be answered. I asked you several. Instead of answering them, you picked out certain parts of each point to take out of context. Maybe you should go into politics.

Direct questions to follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
It does if you land a big punch.
So does Butterbean pose a threat to the top HWs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Given the display of your insight on this forum, I fail to feel concerned with this comment, strictly because of its origin.
Are you saying that Sera and Gonzaga's skillsets are comparable to Baroni's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
I know. That's why I called you on it. Passing off a fact in which you've fabricated or created to suit your argument is truley a bad debating tool.
When you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
if such a fight takes place......and it is a high likleyhood
it wasn't conjecture?


Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Coker never formally put a fight on the table. You can't take that jacket and put it on Cung Le. He didn't reject any fights that Strikeforce put in front of him. If he was working on a movie and Strikeforce didn't schedule him for a fight than what does that have to do with Dana?
Are you saying that this had nothing to do with Le doing movies instead of training? Le didn't determine how much time he's taking off?

Once again:
Do you honestly believe that Dana would accept a fighter being out from March 08 through 2010? Do you really think Dana is willing to sign a one fight deal with any fighter?
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
CornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
So does Butterbean pose a threat to the top HWs?
Butterbean beats Fedor by trinagle.
__________________


CornbreadBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios