Wanderlei Silva vs Shogun Rua - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

View Poll Results: Shogun vs Wand

Wanderlei Silva 12 44.44%
Mauricio Shogun 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 11-11-2006, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Wanderlei Silva vs Shogun Rua

Before you guys yell I know they train together but this fight is going to happen eventaully and most likely in the 2007 MWGP. If it comes to that they have said they will fight. Im curious if this would be a grappling contest or a stand up war. I think this would be very similar to Lil Nog vs Shogun. I got Shogun by unanimous decision. And by fighting for the title, this can only help Chutebox, not hurt it. They would have 2 guys from their team fighting for the title, that is huge
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-11-2006, 03:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
 
Split's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,784
Split is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level now
i have silva by knockout, espicially if its the finals of a grand prix.

Silva has been tested already, and he can take a shot(mark hunt in 2004 for example), while shogun has not demonstrated very powerful striking to knockout ppl... hes made his opponents go down, and he would finish with stomps, but i dont see him being able to do that to silva. Besides, Shogun's defense(as well as Silva's i guess) arent that great, and while both are open to strikes while they try to hit their opponent, Silva's hand are much more effective for knockouts.

As for grappling, i think Shogun is ahead, but can he really use it? Silva is not necessarely easy to takedown, and Shogun isnt a very good takedown guy.. Like i said, Silva is less likely to get knocked down than Shogun, so i dont think any grappling skills will be involved.
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
asskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enough
I said it in the other thread, I think Shoguns better but I dont know if he will be mentally tough enough to beat his teacher. Its like Anakin and Obi Wan.
__________________
14-1 in Forum Bets
asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
herton17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London,ON
Posts: 1,546
herton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enough
I refuse to vote...
herton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split
i have silva by knockout, espicially if its the finals of a grand prix.

Silva has been tested already, and he can take a shot(mark hunt in 2004 for example), while shogun has not demonstrated very powerful striking to knockout ppl... hes made his opponents go down, and he would finish with stomps, but i dont see him being able to do that to silva. Besides, Shogun's defense(as well as Silva's i guess) arent that great, and while both are open to strikes while they try to hit their opponent, Silva's hand are much more effective for knockouts.

As for grappling, i think Shogun is ahead, but can he really use it? Silva is not necessarely easy to takedown, and Shogun isnt a very good takedown guy.. Like i said, Silva is less likely to get knocked down than Shogun, so i dont think any grappling skills will be involved.
Shogun's not good at takedowns??? Did u watch his fight vs Lill Nog? and Wandy has good take down defense? Arona, Tito both got him down easily..Not trying to argue I just disagree with you
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
herton17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London,ON
Posts: 1,546
herton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enough
Shogun is good at everything. Period.
herton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Spartan42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 360
Spartan42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i think if this fight were purely based on preparedness and talent then it goes to shogun by decision but there is a huge mental game involved in this particular fight that i think goes againt shogun.
Spartan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
fenderman80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 332
fenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura aboutfenderman80 has a spectacular aura about
I give this to Wandy because he is battle tested. He seems to be in his groove during the MWGP. He's always at his best then. Shogun doesnt have the hands that CroCop has so I dont think he would dominate Wandy on his feet. I also think that Wandy is a true fighter and champion and ultimately cares more about his legacy than he does about Shogun. If people believe Shogun might be better than his teacher than Wandy will prove them wrong because he wants to be the best hands down w/o arguement. That is also why I wouldnt put it past him going back to the UFC to fight Chuck and maybe avenge his loss to Tito.
fenderman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
 
Split's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,784
Split is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level nowSplit is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Shogun's not good at takedowns??? Did u watch his fight vs Lill Nog? and Wandy has good take down defense? Arona, Tito both got him down easily..Not trying to argue I just disagree with you

first, i dont think Tito's fight counts, as it was so long ago, not to mention that tito has way better takedowns then shogun.

I have the fight shogun vs nog, and no, i dont see where he did decent takedowns... when the fight did get to the ground, either lil nog wanted that and let him, or he was knocked down by shogun's strikes. A fight where u see shogun actually going for standard takedowns is against cyril diabete(french tall black guy), and while it looked good, u can see that his opponent isnt that great at takedown defense. On the other hand, u have Silva, who has fought Arona twice(who has pretty good takedowns), and the 2nd time, he was way better to avoid takedowns... im not saying silva has excellent takedowns defense, but i think its enough to counter Shogun's takedown skills.


I personally think Shogun, like a lot of people mention, is good at everything, and thats why a lot consider him number 1, but against silva, i dont see him being able to use every weapon hes got in his arsenal, his stomps for example.
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Split
first, i dont think Tito's fight counts, as it was so long ago, not to mention that tito has way better takedowns then shogun.

I have the fight shogun vs nog, and no, i dont see where he did decent takedowns... when the fight did get to the ground, either lil nog wanted that and let him, or he was knocked down by shogun's strikes. A fight where u see shogun actually going for standard takedowns is against cyril diabete(french tall black guy), and while it looked good, u can see that his opponent isnt that great at takedown defense. On the other hand, u have Silva, who has fought Arona twice(who has pretty good takedowns), and the 2nd time, he was way better to avoid takedowns... im not saying silva has excellent takedowns defense, but i think its enough to counter Shogun's takedown skills.


I personally think Shogun, like a lot of people mention, is good at everything, and thats why a lot consider him number 1, but against silva, i dont see him being able to use every weapon hes got in his arsenal, his stomps for example.
valid points, but ive seen teh shogun vs nog fight many times, and he takes nog down over and over again in that fight
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios