Gina Carano: ‘I am a better fighter than the way I performed’ against Cyborg Santos - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
General MMA Discussion Discuss King Of The Cage, Ultimate Challenge UK, and HDNet Fights as well as general mixed martial arts discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 315
                     
Cyborg clearly fights way more aggressive than Gina period, if Gina is the face of Women's MMA then what is Cyborg??

Its all crap, Gina has that status because of her looks PERIOD


I think her wins against 7 female fighters had something to do with this as well. She's getting railed because she's hot...give me a break. With all honestly, how many female fighters can you name other than Caranno, Cyborg, and the women who fought Gina?

Cyborg won, she fought her type of fight and can carry the sport as far as she can. This doesn't mean Gina is a paper fighter.
mtt_c is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 315
                     
I'll volunteer to comfort her.
mtt_c is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,799
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
There are, they are just having difficulty finding sponsors because of attitudes like yours.
Maybe they are having difficulty finding sponsors because they are choosing to go the tara larosa route and stick with an obscure org instead of signing with an organisation that's on cable?


btw please skool me on these talented females that have been unfortunate to miss the limelight

To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering
Kreed is offline  
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
They're unknowns. As in, they're out there, but they haven't become famous yet.

I'm sure most of them, whoever they are, if a major promotion came knocking, they'd be on board.


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,799
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
They're unknowns. As in, they're out there, but they haven't become famous yet.

I'm sure most of them, whoever they are, if a major promotion came knocking, they'd be on board.
So in other words you dont even know they exist..Pretty dumb to make a statement about gina's courage in fighting all comers when you are clueless about the talent pool

To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering
Kreed is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:43 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
So in other words you dont even know they exist..Pretty dumb to make a statement about gina's courage in fighting all comers when you are clueless about the talent pool
LOL at some keyboard warrior questioning the courage of someone that steps in the cage. Like I said, Gina could have ducked Cyborg her whole career, but she maned up and faced her. She loses, so what? Does that make her less of a fighter? Does that automatically erase her previous 7-0 winning streak, and her Muay Thai record of 12-1-1? No it doesn't.
QuackAttack is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,799
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackAttack View Post
LOL at some keyboard warrior questioning the courage of someone that steps in the cage. Like I said, Gina could have ducked Cyborg her whole career, but she maned up and faced her. She loses, so what? Does that make her less of a fighter? Does that automatically erase her previous 7-0 winning streak, and her Muay Thai record of 12-1-1? No it doesn't.
LOL at this prepubescent teenager getting emotional over someone criticizing his make believe girlfriend..Who thehell questioned her courage? some clown said she doesnt duck opponents and I said the pool isnt deep enough for woman like her to start cherry picking..I do however question her grit and perseverance though.
And If you couldnt see how crushed she was when cyborg was picking her apart then you should probably get yourself a porn mag and do the five knuckle shuffle before watching her matches because your mind was obviously on something else other than the fight...

To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering
Kreed is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
LOL at this prepubescent teenager getting emotional over someone criticizing his make believe girlfriend..Who thehell questioned her courage? some clown said she doesnt duck opponents and I said the pool isnt deep enough for woman like her to start cherry picking..I do however question her grit and perseverance though.
And If you couldnt see how crushed she was when cyborg was picking her apart then you should probably get yourself a porn mag and do the five knuckle shuffle before watching her matches because your mind was obviously on something else other than the fight...
There's plenty of women to fight other than Cyborg at her weight. Marloes, Cindy, Gomes, Yoko, Berto, Porto, Toughill, etc. Anyone one of those girls Gina could of easily "cherry picked." Stop pretending that other talent doesn't exist.

Last edited by QuackAttack; 09-05-2009 at 05:24 PM.
QuackAttack is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,799
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackAttack View Post
There's plenty of women to fight other than Cyborg at her weight. Marloes, Cindy, Gomes, Yoko, Berto, Porto, Toughill, etc. Anyone one of those girls Gina could of easily "cherry picked." Stop pretending that other talent doesn't exist.
There seems to be a communication problem here..Did I say that female fighters dont exist at 145 or did I say there weren't talented female fighters out there yet
Because all you are doing is mentioning names but are they talented? Cindy Dandois for instance is 1-0..Can you gauge talent from someone that is 1-0? You put yoko there, is that yoko hamada (3-1) or yoko takashi who is a whopping 15-10..Gomes 0-2,Berto is 3-0 but who has she beaten? look at brett rogers in the run up to the AA fight he was 9-0 but did that make him talented? who had he beaten that wasnt a tomato can? hell when you watch him fight you realize he isnt much different than tank abbott..

Like I said you just threw out any name u could find but (outside form porto/coenen) those girls arent legit

To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering

Last edited by Kreed; 09-05-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Kreed is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 08:46 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
There seems to be a communication problem here..Did I say that female fighters dont exist at 145 or did I say there weren't talented female fighters out there yet
Because all you are doing is mentioning names but are they talented? Cindy Dandois for instance is 1-0..Can you gauge talent from someone that is 1-0? You put yoko there, is that yoko hamada (3-1) or yoko takashi who is a whopping 15-10..Gomes 0-2,Berto is 3-0 but who has she beaten? look at brett rogers in the run up to the AA fight he was 9-0 but did that make him talented? who had he beaten that wasnt a tomato can? hell when you watch him fight you realize he isnt much different than tank abbott..

Like I said you just threw out any name u could find but (outside form porto/coenen) those girls arent legit
Cindy comes from a strong judo background and just defeated Coenen who was 16-2 at the time. Defeating the then #1 female fighter in the featherweight division in her first MMA fight takes some talent, imo. But you're probably going to argue that just makes the division weaker. However, that's not the point I was trying to make. The point was that there is plenty of fighters in Gina's weight division to "cherry pick" from, which you argued against. Gina could have decided not to take the fight with Cyborg and continued to pad her record, but she didn't.
QuackAttack is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome