MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   General MMA Discussion (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/)
-   -   Tim Silva maybe good stepping stone before new fighters hit Fader (http://www.mmaforum.com/general-mma-discussion/65393-tim-silva-maybe-good-stepping-stone-before-new-fighters-hit-fader.html)

Big Chief 11-09-2009 08:35 AM

Tim Silva maybe good stepping stone before new fighters hit Fader
 
I know Tims last few fights were terrible and Fedor made short work of him but do you think he would be a good guy to have as a stepping stone before the new talent gets a crack at Fedor.I like watching Tim fight but i dont think he will be a contender any more but a good gste keeper plus put a familar face in the ever growing strike force roster.

coldcall420 11-09-2009 01:59 PM

Tim Sylvia sucks, he was the champ when the UFC HW div was weak. He got k/o by like a 56 yr old Mercer.....stepping stone yeah, but not a big "step".....

Fedor....

khoveraki 11-09-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldcall420 (Post 1039065)
Tim Sylvia sucks, he was the champ when the UFC HW div was weak. He got k/o by like a 56 yr old Mercer.....stepping stone yeah, but not a big "step".....

Fedor....


I dunno... besides Mercer, Tim's only been beaten by Nog, Couture, Fedor, Arlovski, and Mir. That's not really so bad, especially since a Mir rematch could really go either way.

He did destroy Ricco, Rothwell, Arlovski, Monson, Vera, Sims... I dunno, he really was never terrible. Like Serra, he just gets a really terrible rap.

coldcall420 11-09-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoveraki (Post 1039205)
I dunno... besides Mercer, Tim's only been beaten by Nog, Couture, Fedor, Arlovski, and Mir. That's not really so bad, especially since a Mir rematch could really go either way.

He did destroy Ricco, Rothwell, Arlovski, Monson, Vera, Sims... I dunno, he really was never terrible. Like Serra, he just gets a really terrible rap.


Monson never had a shot he was too short and stocky but he is def a good guy I remembers the fight Monson was on his back and Tim is so tall Monson couldnt do anything from the bottom...really Tim's size imo had alot to do with that win....

Ricco...child please...LOL. Sims and Rothwell.....again child please!!!

He has been beaten by guys that have skillsets and gameplans and when he fought Vera, Vera was on that wierd decline from really exciting HW to LHW and didnt perform the way he once had...

I think Tim is a douche he called Fedor a big *****, told Randy he isnt just gonna come and take his belt and again....got K/O'd by Mercer....

Thats why people dislike him...hell his old camp dissed him while he was still there....Matt Hughes did it when they were at Militich.....

To each his own I think he is a toolbox.....:thumbsup: Some of all those victories are against no names....

vaj3000 11-09-2009 08:33 PM

guys i but if nowt else mercer had tonns of refined punching power with the ability to get a clean shot.

Ive been an admirer of timmy ever since he beat monson with an excellent gameplan.

He's hardly a stepping stone, he's just made some bad career choices ie fighting fedor. As for calling fedor a little shit i think he just wanted to say damn for a little dude he carrys one hell of a reputation...reminds me of that scene from brave heart

Quote:

William Wallace: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.
Young Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!
William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
[Scottish army laughs]

khoveraki 11-09-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldcall420 (Post 1039403)
Monson never had a shot he was too short and stocky but he is def a good guy I remembers the fight Monson was on his back and Tim is so tall Monson couldnt do anything from the bottom...really Tim's size imo had alot to do with that win....

Ricco...child please...LOL. Sims and Rothwell.....again child please!!!

He has been beaten by guys that have skillsets and gameplans and when he fought Vera, Vera was on that wierd decline from really exciting HW to LHW and didnt perform the way he once had...

I think Tim is a douche he called Fedor a big *****, told Randy he isnt just gonna come and take his belt and again....got K/O'd by Mercer....

Thats why people dislike him...hell his old camp dissed him while he was still there....Matt Hughes did it when they were at Militich.....

To each his own I think he is a toolbox.....:thumbsup: Some of all those victories are against no names....



Yeah I agree he's a dbag, and I loved watching him get schooled by Randy. But the guy isn't really that bad.

Plus he makes up a very important part of this MMath equation!

Kimbo > Mercer > Sylvia > Vera > Mir > Lesnar!

kay_o_ken 11-09-2009 08:54 PM

i cant believe tim hasn't been inducted to the ufc hall of fame yet, whens that gonna happen?

Toxic 11-09-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldcall420 (Post 1039403)
Monson never had a shot he was too short and stocky but he is def a good guy I remembers the fight Monson was on his back and Tim is so tall Monson couldnt do anything from the bottom...really Tim's size imo had alot to do with that win....

Ricco...child please...LOL. Sims and Rothwell.....again child please!!!

He has been beaten by guys that have skillsets and gameplans and when he fought Vera, Vera was on that wierd decline from really exciting HW to LHW and didnt perform the way he once had...

I think Tim is a douche he called Fedor a big *****, told Randy he isnt just gonna come and take his belt and again....got K/O'd by Mercer....

Thats why people dislike him...hell his old camp dissed him while he was still there....Matt Hughes did it when they were at Militich.....

To each his own I think he is a toolbox.....:thumbsup: Some of all those victories are against no names....

I think you discredit Timmy to much, I agree his size won him the Monson fight but that is still imressive because size alone did not save his ass, and to discredit his win over Ricco? Timmy did not beat a washed up crazy weight, drug problem Ricco, Timmy beat Ricco the absolute monster Rodriguez the guy who was a monster, Ricco was expected to hold that belt a long time and while Sylvia was considered the top contender he was basically given no chance of winning, he beat a Ricco that had just ran through, Couture, Monson, Arlovski and Paul Buentello. That is the single biggest win of Sylvia's career IMO and one nobody should discredit.

coldcall420 11-09-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxic (Post 1039492)
I think you discredit Timmy to much, I agree his size won him the Monson fight but that is still impressive because size alone did not save his ass, and to discredit his win over Ricco? Timmy did not beat a washed up crazy weight, drug problem Ricco, Timmy beat Ricco the absolute monster Rodriguez the guy who was a monster, Ricco was expected to hold that belt a long time and while Sylvia was considered the top contender he was basically given no chance of winning, he beat a Ricco that had just ran through, Couture, Monson, Arlovski and Paul Buentello. That is the single biggest win of Sylvia's career IMO and one nobody should discredit.


I hear you and his name isnt mentioned for no reason but I dont think the guy has a real skill set. He's goofy, and honestly I think he is someone who has rested on his laurals....I mean slipping to the point where you get K/O'd by Mercer....

I know the Ricco you are talking about and I just think that Timmy really should have won his belt from AA why??? Cuz the dude has he reach of a tree branch and never shouldn't have beaten AA....

Yeah I guess I'm reaching but at the end of the day he is a simple man that Randy Couture looked at....gameplanned and destroyed...and Timmy has been on the slip ever since....

Meanwhile Randy just fought Brock and NOG, regardless of loss, two fights Timmy will never see cuz he took his 800k to lose to Fedor and ran to Affliction....

Just never thought he was a true Mixed Martial Artist...:dunno:

alizio 11-09-2009 10:53 PM

i missed the fight between Tim Silva(related to anderson?) and Fader (Baders evil twin??) who won? ;P

Seriously tho, Big Tim sucks, it was a joke he was ranked high when he fought Fedor but he is from an era of very boring one dimensional HWs, unfortuantely for him that era has ended and i dont see him competing with any top HW.

I know you really like AA Coldcall, but who has he beaten that has you so impressed? Why was he ranked so high?? Beating B level guys after Timmy tooled him (2x and u diss Timmy to no end) deserves top 5 credit?? Ppl need to realize he has always been all hype, his hands arent even that great and if he goes to box he will get KO'd some more.

It kind of sucks, the HW division is evovling so fast guys who were considered top fighters a few years ago cant hang with the new guys... makes it hard to really rank ppl, i mean how do you lose to Timmy x2 then beat, Jake O'Brian, Werdum, Rothwell and big country and get ranked in the top 5?? None of those guys were ranked in the top 10 nevermind 5, it seems alot of these rankings are skcewed, Cain beats Kongo then Rothwell, no top 10?? If he adds Big Country would he be top 10?? Its just so difficult and so BS the way the rankings are done, esp with so many guys going around in circles losing to each other and different ppl.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2